Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GW1 Weekly

Activated Node

GW1 Weekly

I've been planning to make this post for months, finally bothered to actually make it. At least a few people showed interest, so here we go. In short, a weekly thing for Guild Wars 1. Probably quite a few people here have already played a lot of it, but I imagine there's still plenty to do. Campaigns, exploration, dungeons, Hall of Monuments stuff, hard modes etc.

Let's say mondays, maybe 2000 (GMT 0) / 2100 (BST)? Earlier, later, different day?

Many interest, yes?
    Steam: Crux

Interest, yes. Right now I can't say how regularly I'll be able to show up but I still have lots of things to do in this game and I feel like I could do with a trip to nostalgia land again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Yes, would be interested. Mainly nostalgia, unless folk really want a go at the hard mode stuff I still need for completion. Completely forgotten how to play, other than letting my heroes do all the work and spamming Pain Inverter a lot. Mondays are good for me I think. Usually about from 8.30 uk
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Is there a RPS gw1 guild? My old Gw1 guild is dead, but if we make this a thing then could be worth (re)creating one
    GW2: Ohara Scarlett, Lord Carnelian, Ocharra Scarlett, Capita Mortuum, Lady Viridian, Lady Carnelian, Lord Viridian, Xen Adu, Ohara Scarlet

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    Crux knows I'm interested! Especially for completing the campaigns I have never completed. I'd be happy to run through each of them in turn, in any order.

I don't know the state of a GW1 RPS guild, if there ever was an official one. My time with the game was pre-RPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    I have GW1 (maybe the triple pack? can't remember exactly) but have barely left pre-Searing, if at all. I guess you'll be doing max-level stuff mostly?
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Network Hub
    Yeeeessssss. I've been playing GW1 again recently to complete exploration of Elona, and I'm having the best time. I'd definitely be up for some RPS stuff.

I think I even have an empty slot left, so I could make a new character to bring along for the early game. Or I have several low-level characters scattered throughout Tyria.
    If it's called Vlupius or Vlupia, it's probably me.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by jha4ceb View Post
    I have GW1 (maybe the triple pack? can't remember exactly) but have barely left pre-Searing, if at all. I guess you'll be doing max-level stuff mostly?
    We can get people through the campaigns, that's totally fine. In fact, I haven't finished any of them yet. The leveling itself to 20 doesn't take very long especially in a party. I started playing after GW2 and until last weekend only had played Prophecies about halfway through. Anyway, I'm not only playing to accomplish whatever harder stuff we do, I just like to play the game. In a lot of ways better game than GW2 :<

My own campaign progress:
    • Prophecies - Ascalon (immediately post pre-Searing), or LA-imports possible.
    • Factions - complete.
    • Nightfall - incomplete - Kourna missions.
    • EotN - incomplete - somewhere in the middle of Against the Destroyers.

So I have a fair bit left to explore, and I'm definitely up for playing from the beginning.

I would be happy to use whatever alt I have to hand that is level- and travel-appropriate for the content we do, and to start new ones for the starter isle / pre-Searing stuff.

Activated Node
    Don't know if there was an existing guild, but a new RPS one is made now.

Should we lock this in place for monday, 2000 (GMT 0)?

---

My progress:
    Prophecies - Somewhere in Southern Shiverpeaks, also most bonus missions done up to this point.
    Factions - Second last mission, assaulting the palace, a few timed runs done.
    Nightfall - Hardly started, maybe one mission done?
    EotN - Somewhere in the middle of Against the Destroyers as well, not much done.

I'd be interested if you guys wanna try and complete Hall of Monuments rewards, I'd love to get more funky skins in GW2.
    Obviously I'll help any way I can if people wanna try out something else, I've got a few L20 and access to the whole map on most of them.
    Planetside 2 | Miller | [RPS] Irumani
    Guild Wars 2 | Vizunah | [RPS] Morganne Melua /Namassi Melua
    Steam | [FUCA] Skiant

I might join if I can find my password. I'm feeling the mesmer itch (can play monk or asassin if not needed). I have pretty much 100% completion on exploration and story, don't care much for achievements (I got all the easy ones, the ones I don't have require WAY more grinding than what I'm willing to do), so I'd be up for helping with whatever stuff.

Activated Node
    Doesn't it use the same logins as GW2 does? At least if you have linked them. Play what you want, we can always fill the needed slots with heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crux View Post
    Should we lock this in place for monday, 2000 (GMT 0)?
    I am free nxt Monday. The question is, which campaign will we start on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Password should be the same as your GW2 one, Zanchito, if accounts are linked?

In terms of progress, I have characters at various stages so can mix and match depending on other folks preferences,

Necro was my main - done everything except a handful of hard mode missions,
    though very little of FoW, DoA or underworld
    Sin, Mes and Paragon have most stuff unlocked (factions/nightfall/eotn all completed, maybe not prophecies)
    Those 4 have most of the heroes unlocked to fill out parties if needed
    Warrior was half way through prophecies and nightfall with a fair few heroes
    Ritualist and Ranger barely played at start of Factions
    Ele is still in pre searing I think so could do early Prophecies there I think

HoM/GWAMM progress
    Need a few bits of weapons/armour
    Have enough minis - spares go to first person to shout below
    All vanquish/normal mode done, need to do 1 more Hard mode dungeon and 12 or so HM missions, mainly in Prophecies
    GWAMM will need grind for drunkard/sweet tooth that I'm not prepared to put in so doubt I'll ever get it

Saf, if you start in Factions you can get to L20 in an evening, maybe 3 or 4 missions worth?
    That then opens up EotN if you have that which is pretty non linear
    and very soon after you get access to Prophecies/Nightfall campaigns (about 1/4 way through each) and heroes (NF/EoTN) that make the solo game MUCH easier

Essentially each of the campaigns has a tutorial type set of missions that you need to complete before the rest of the campaigns open up, and that usually corresponsd to levelling to 20
    Factions' set of intro missions is much faster than nightfall which in turn is much faster than Prophecies so might be recommended if we all wanted to play together faster. Plus Cantha is awesome.
    Prophecies/EotN is the story that leads into GW2 though if you like lore

I'll play any mission though.

See you Monday

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Crux
    Sent you a Steam friend request so we can coordinate while we get GW1 guild invites out - if you want to send an invite my way would be grand. Character Names much the same as in GW2, so Ohara Scarlett probably easiest. Can't seem to work out how to leave my old guild but sure I'll work it out somehow

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind playing a bit of GW1 again, although the time set is a bit late for me. Maybe an hour earlier?

Password should be the same as your GW2 one, Zanchito, if accounts are linked?
    If the two passwords are the same you need to change them. The systems aren't connected. Zanchito, try looking for your NCsoft account if you have one. You can change the password there.

Thanks for the tips, I've contacted Anet's support, because I can't change neither my GW1 nor my GW2 password. It's not the first time this happens, and their reset password procedures throw errors on me, I'm quite disappointed in them (not because it's happening, but because this is normal for them, in my experience). We'll see if I can get in for monday.

TBH, I'd prefer a bit earlier too, regular guild events are at 20GMT, which roughly translates to "have dinner with the wife and go to bed" time for me, but given that I have unreliable times anyway, I'd rather not ask for a change when I might not be able to show up at all. Would it be possible for people interested in this to post what profession they plan on using? Those of us with several qualified chars could better choose what to play depending on party composition. Will have to read on the current meta for GW1.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus jha4ceb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    If the two passwords are the same you need to change them. The systems aren't connected. Zanchito, try looking for your NCsoft account if you have one. You can change the password there.
    Not necessarily true - it's possible to link your GW1 account to your GW2 account such that the login details for the latter are used to access the former.
    GW2: Saphnabylni & co.

Well, will have to wait & see, because the NCSoft reset password page doesn't work for me either. Instead of giving an error, it says it's sending an email that never arrives (already checked spam folder). And support takes their sweet time to reply, I've gone through this ordeal two other times and nothing gets fixed. You'd guess that a simple login intervention wouldn't be so difficult to solve.

Oh, please don't mind me, I'm being grumpy.