Secondary Hivemind Nexus

I have decided to hibernate myself.

I can't live withouth BF3. Tomorrow morning I am going to enter a barrel filled with liquid nitrogen, with a note "please unfrezze me wen BF3 release".

This is all.

See you in the future! bitches!.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Why is it so hard to find a clip from that episode of South Park...

I know how you feel. After the alpha, it took about 6 weeks before I was able to play BC2 again and it just wasn't as good. Ended up playing completely different games. Wanted my backlog cleared by the time it comes out, but that's totally not going to happen.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 11-10-2011 at 03:16 PM. Reason: I dun goofed mah grammar
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Hey, tell us your soldier tag, man.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It's only a few weeks, yeah? You can hold on!

Network Hub
    i don't know if it will arrive on steam in time

but if it does: i'm pre-ordering as well

i'm expecting the single player to be a turd but the multiplayer is barrels and barrels of fun
    a grumpy dude with a PHD in videogame debating

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Tei

I found watching Jeff playing Metro on Giantbombs quicklook of the beta eased the withdrawal a bit

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-...-beta/17-4975/

But it has to be said that was the first day and everyone was kind of clueless with respect to tactics.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Their early work was a little too new wave for my tastes....

Network Hub
    Obviously I can't help but notice all the flak that CoD gets on PC- What does BF3 have that I should be excited about, in comparison? This isn't an attempt to belittle the game, it's honestly not. But I've never been a fan of either series. A genuine, curious question: What about BF3 is going to make me go 'wow'?

Network Hub
    Nothing really makes me feel like that anymore I tend to not get excited until the day

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @Icarus:

Succinctly: a multiplayer game where players are rewarded for teamwork, coordination, planning, and the effective division of labor, all in the context of large map and team sizes which make the above all the more important.

Also, vehicles.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Obviously I can't help but notice all the flak that CoD gets on PC- What does BF3 have that I should be excited about, in comparison? This isn't an attempt to belittle the game, it's honestly not. But I've never been a fan of either series. A genuine, curious question: What about BF3 is going to make me go 'wow'?
    You're not the only one who's confused - I've always got the impression that BF is generally considered to be in the same "filled with whiney teenagers, please avoid" category as COD tends to be thrown in.

Succinctly: a multiplayer game where players are rewarded for teamwork, coordination, planning, and the effective division of labor, all in the context of large map and team sizes which make the above all the more important.

Also, vehicles.
    So what makes it better/different than OFP, ARMA, all the other Battlefields, etc? More people and bigger maps (plus shinier shinies, obvs) are about all I've heard in terms of "what's better" compared to previous BFs.

Network Hub
    ArmA is a simulator, Battlefield is much for gamey.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    *talking from inside a huge ice block*

BF has the right balance Arcade/Simulation. Things like ARMA are "too simulation" and things like MW (that Is fun!) are too arcadey. To be honest, I admire both games Arma and MW. But are not my tea cup

Quote Originally Posted by Danny252 View Post
    More people and bigger maps (plus shinier shinies, obvs) are about all I've heard
    That's somehow not enough?

Personally I'm down for Arma 2 (assuming it's modded and not vanilla), but that's a game that requires a huge time commitment that isn't always that easy to give if you've a busy life. Where as with BF3 you can jump in with some friends for half an hour or so and enjoy a game that does reward good teamwork and communication and isn't solely reliant of twitch instincts.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Network Hub
    Sounds reasonable, I suppose. How are we all feeling about the singleplayer campaign, which is the primary concern for pretty much any game I play that's not an MMO?

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Sounds reasonable, I suppose. How are we all feeling about the singleplayer campaign, which is the primary concern for pretty much any game I play that's not an MMO?
    I have no clue about the SP personally. I guess it will be a good opportunity to experience a lot of the weapons, however I've a feeling I'll likely jump straight into the MP and take advantage of the initial easy going to level up some and teach some of my friends who missed the beta a few tricks. The first week or so is going to be punishing for a lot of people, however much like Fightclub after a few weeks people will start to evolve & refine their strategies and that's going to make for an interesting experience. That constant malleability with MP is always the interesting thing I feel. With the TF2 beta it was really interesting to see success strategies appear, then be negated, then reapplied in a different manner. The same will be true with BF3.

Probable Replicant

Well, from some of the game play videos of the single player campaign it looks pretty good ( A lot better than the campaign in bf 1942 that's for sure!). hopefully it can live up to the fun-ness of the BC2 campaign, heck I even stopped shooting people to just hear the NPC squad mates talk! But the biggest plus seems to be is the COOP campaign as some of my friends don't like the arcade-ness of online but still want to play with other people.

Also, Skilled bf veteran helicopter pilot seeks gunner that can actually kill things! unlike the noobies that were in the beta!
    Official RPS Thread argument catalyst.

Quote Originally Posted by slick_101 View Post
    [...]
    Also, Skilled bf veteran helicopter pilot seeks gunner that can actually kill things! unlike the noobies that were in the beta!
    Did you have problems with that in the Beta? My problem was that the pilots didn't manage to stay alive long enough for me to actually shoot enough of anything (basically the same as in BC2, although with the larger maps in BF3 it might be more challenging to fly?)..

Also, since the beta, I'm so very excited about BF3 :)
    Last edited by Christian; 11-10-2011 at 09:57 PM.
    Steam-Id inside.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    *ice*Posting this here seems the right thing to do.*ice*

Original

Nice mix of image and video from BC2.

---

From the music in games thread:

Last edited by Tei; 12-10-2011 at 10:44 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

Kick-ass game theme + orchestra = Awesome.