Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
    Indeed. I will probably buy ME3 cause i played the other 2. If the trailers alone had to sold me, they have failed... EPIC FAIL
    If you like prog rock, then you're with me. If you dont, you are against.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Let's not forget, the advertising campaign and pre-release trailers for ME2 were shockingly bad too, which didn't have any real reflection of the quality of the game.
    I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Let's not forget, the advertising campaign and pre-release trailers for ME2 were shockingly bad too, which didn't have any real reflection of the quality of the game.
    True enough. Jacks trailer was bloody terrible, yet she actually turned out to be one of the most interesting & sympathetic characters once you got past the veneer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    Oh, look a Live-action trailer for ME3.

No, really.

I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by deano2099 View Post
    Aye, it's not so much it was bad, it was just a missed opportunity. Why not have successfully completing each companion mission reveal a small piece of the plot? You could even avoid small-world syndrome as Cerberus would have sent you to recruit these people *because* they had a link to the Reapers.

That's basically the approach taken in ME1, with the three main planets all hinting at what was really going on. Done well, the missions in ME2 could have been awesome. As it was, it felt like playing episodes of the original Star Trek, where all the plots stand-alone, when I wanted to be playing Deep Space 9, and having individual stories that are tied together.
    Well IIRC they did kind of divide up your recruitment process into about 3 stages which occured around main storyline beats, but I do agree that they could/should of tied in all of the recruits story lines into the reaper threat through some background device 'you were on Eden prime when....' etc, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Jockie View Post
    Oh, look a Live-action trailer for ME3.
    A really odd move to go for Live-action tbh. I sure hope this is just something EAs marketing department came up with, and they don't have this sort of thing inserted into the actual game. This sort of thing just makes me instantly think of Command & Conquer. I was half expecting a screen flash & Joe Kucan to pop up looking crazed & Machiavellian.