Can The Flare Path be turned into a bi-weekly thing?

It's just that it is the sort of unique content that really makes RPS shine amongst the dreary press releases. I'd actually fo so far as to say that it is the best thing on RPS these days.

While we're at it would it just be possible to get more unique content in general?
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Activated Node
    You want it every two weeks? That seems like a loss to me.
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

Quote Originally Posted by arienette View Post
    You want it every two weeks? That seems like a loss to me.
    The British usage means twice a week. Although it is ambiguous.
    "You go up to a man, and you say, "How are things going, Joe?" and he says, "Oh fine, fine couldn't be better." And you look into his eyes, and you see things really couldn't be much worse. When you get right down to it, everybody's having a perfectly lousy time of it, and I mean everybody. And the hell of it is, nothing seems to help much." - Kurt Vonnegut, Jr.

Every two weeks would be 'Fortnightly'.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    Every two weeks would be 'Fortnightly'.
    I actually looked it up on wikipedia (Yeah, yeah, I know.) and biweekly meaning twice a week is a British thing but it means fortnightly in other parts of the world so I don't begrudge arienette his confusion.

But back to the topic : I don't even play many wargames and sims. (I dabble occasionally but end up giving up when I run out of time/patience) Tim Stone writes with such wit and infectious enthusiasm that I want to play more and that is a rare talent and worth twenty punny news releases any day.

Activated Node
    I am British and I'll have you know it can mean both! I was just being an arse.
    saos.posterous.com for knowledge

I get Tim to do as much as possible, but I think bi-weekly would be stretching it.

Such an article is a treat - Something to be savoured. Too much would devalue it.

Network Hub Capt. Eduardo del Mango's Avatar
    I'm still relatively new here but The Flare Path is my personal highlight on RPS. The games Tim covers in it are usually mighty complicated affairs, and asking him to knock stuff out twice a week would probably just mean you'd end up getting the weekly version's content split across two columns. As much as I'd love more of TFP, I can't imagine it's really do-able.

It would allow us to compete for more presitigious FP points, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    Such an article is a treat - Something to be savoured. Too much would devalue it.
    True. And it's only appropriate that Tim Stone would have a cooldown timer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rossignol View Post
    I get Tim to do as much as possible, but I think bi-weekly would be stretching it.
    I demand that you find more Tim Stones somewhere. Demand it I tell you!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    If Tim's doing all he can (and I greatly appreciate his contributions to the site) you guys should go hit up Rob Zacny for some additional strategy/wargaming stuff. Or does PC Gamer own his soul, now?

Network Hub
    There's a writer for IGN who's the go-to guy for simulation games whose writing is quite similar to Tim Stone's. His name is Gord Goble. He wrote some excellent reviews on DCS: A-10C and Il-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover:

http://pc.ign.com/objects/099/099816.html

http://pc.ign.com/objects/097/097918.html

News Corp filth.

Obscure Node
    Tim Stone is unique! don't try to clone/build a new one, it can only end badly!

The Flare Path is also my favourite read on RPS, but it's perfect as it is: a once a week delight!

By the way, why is it called the "Flare Path"? Any joke/pun I'm missing ?