Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Starcraft II players

Provide your name and ID number below and join up with other RPS players for versus, team battles and tutoring. Remember to join the chat channel "RockPaperShotgun" too!

Europe

HexagonalB / 596 (< that's me!) - Protoss/Zerg, gold/platinum, only team games
    Sassenach / 492 - Zerg
    Dragosani / 245 - Protoss
    Krans / 960 - Protoss
    Bogart / 352
    FeralFerret / 886 - Protoss
    CreepingDeth/870
    StormTec/605
    Malous/691
    Fellbane/534 Zerg
    PooSlapper/655 - Diamond Terran, mostly 1v1
    Gaz/370 - 'gold/silver 1v1 - zerg'
    Sweedums/725
    Nesadi/908 - Zerg
    Webcole/197 'Silver, just started getting in to SC2'
    Gand/934 'Protoss, mention you're from RPS when you add me, best rank is diamond random 4v4'

North America

Doss/743 - 'High gold/Plat random player. I'd be happy to play with anyone'
    Miker/519
    Amagi/281
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 06-12-2011 at 12:14 AM.

Obscure Node
    Good idea, I'd every intention of playing SC2 online more often, but never found enough people willing to just play for enjoyment, Skill level wise though I guess I am competent at the very least, although I am sure there is alot of rust to scrape off.

Network Hub
    I've just reinstalled the game after taking a break for... oooh 6 or 7 months? I definately fulfill the "rubbish noob" category of your "Variety of skill levels" request ^^

I'm no SC2 prodigy myself, but I've played it a fair bit and I'm more than willing to help out with rust-scraping or teaching the basics a bit. I play with a few other people and we're all happy to get really competitive or just laugh when it all goes horribly wrong. Unfortunately I'm going travelling for three months in a few days so I won't be able to play with you myself at the moment, but I hope other people will want to join in and play together. NoExtraLife and Creeping Death it sounds like you two would be good playing together yourselves?

One more for the rubbish noob gang. Just started laddering/getting my arse kicked, definitely up for something a bit less brutal from time to time.

Another rubbish noob here! I have the awesome distinction of being #100 in Bronze in my division. Go me! I tend to play Protoss and lose to Zealot rushes, MM stim timing pushes and the Zerg in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Krans View Post
    Another rubbish noob here! I have the awesome distinction of being #100 in Bronze in my division. Go me! I tend to play Protoss and lose to Zealot rushes, MM stim timing pushes and the Zerg in general.
    Those rush tactics are all extremely frustrating at the start of the game but if you look up some videos on them, they are all avoidable, often with some intense micromanagement and scouting :)

Since Blizzard had the WONDERFUL idea of isolating regions, consider me interested in any RPS group for North America, although I am in the Southern part of it.

Yeah, bit strange ain't it...

I'd love to play with friends from across the pond, but I'm in the US. My ID is Miker.519, if anybody wants to add me.

Activated Node
    Yet another rubbish noob here! I go by the same handle as I do on these forums...

I like to think I have the knowledge, but lack the execution. If anyone wants someone to practice with, feel free to add me. I'm always looking for more people to play with that perhaps will not trounce me in 7 minutes XD

One fun thing you could do, if you get, say a 4v4 going, is to have what is called a Mono-battle. Where you all publicly announce a military unit of your race and your army can only consist of that one unit for the entirety of the game (you can build workers and defence structures). I've watched games played like this, and they seem fun for a lol.
    Last edited by StormTec; 03-06-2011 at 06:34 PM.

Does anyone fancy a team game now? Leave me your ID and ID number-thing?

Activated Node
    Not free right now, but feel free to add me anyway for future reference =]

ID: StormTec ID No.:605.

Hey folks do RPS have a chat channel up on B.net ? It would greatly ease the process of getting together (and make one more place to chill between games)

Can I suggest "RockPaperShotgun" as the chat channel on the EU server? If anyone wants to add me, ID: Krans No.: 960

I just found out that the 14 year old brother of someone I know is in master's league. It's depressing to think that I was playing Star Craft when he was only a year old, yet I'm a rubbish noob and he could crush me a million times over.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBaron View Post
    I just found out that the 14 year old brother of someone I know is in master's league. It's depressing to think that I was playing Star Craft when he was only a year old, yet I'm a rubbish noob and he could crush me a million times over.
    Young people have way to much time ;)

Right now i'm struggling to get out of silver league both in 1v1, 2v2, 3v3 ... As I or we crush most our ennemies I believe i should be in gold right now, but the system won't let me :(

Obscure Node
    I'd be up for some casual SC2in', Number : 352 and name is Bogart.

Activated Node
    Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows how the league advancement system works. I somehow mamanged to place in gold league initially, and how I am not pushed out of there yet, I don't know.

I will see about creating a chat channel when I get back, but I'm not enturely sure about the ins and outs of chat channels i.e. whether it needs someone in it all the time to stay open or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by StormTec View Post
    I will see about creating a chat channel when I get back, but I'm not enturely sure about the ins and outs of chat channels i.e. whether it needs someone in it all the time to stay open or whatever.
    I don't think so, the only thing is that everyone must toggle the option to open the channel as soon you log in on battlenet.

Quote Originally Posted by StormTec View Post
    Yeah, I'm not sure anyone really knows how the league advancement system works. I somehow mamanged to place in gold league initially, and how I am not pushed out of there yet, I don't know.

I believe you have to win a certain quota of your matches against players of superior leagues, keep persevering and you will be moved up eventually. You can be moved down a league but it is extremely hard, you will have to lose against a large number of players who are in a significantly lower league than you. I wish I wasn't going away so that I could play with everyone now :( I will make this thread again in three months time and everyone better still want to play / want teaching!