Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Can we update the OP with a list of players and who server they're on?

I used to play on the European servers but I haven't in a while. I think I'm the worst SCII player on the planet at the moment having won a single game out of the ten or so I've played in the Bronze league. I'm from the drunken lan party with a bunch of buddies just messing around school of RTS gaming and it shows.

Quote Originally Posted by hexagonalbolts View Post
    You can be moved down a league but it is extremely hard, you will have to lose against a large number of players who are in a significantly lower league than you.
    Not really true, in my team we were playing in 3v3 gold league, with more wins than losses, then after a game we lost (the players were gold and we just had few wins before), we suddently got downgraded to silver league, and we didn't move up since then (we're staying like 2nd of our division).

Same in 2v2 silver league, we steamroll most of our enemies with some occasional losses against our weak matchups and we stay like 2nd of our division.
    Last edited by Darkath; 05-06-2011 at 11:55 PM.

Should probably add my battle.net ID, I'm jester #879. Feel free to add me. Wound up in gold after the placement matches but I can only assume that's because I got very lucky with who I was matched against - people who's mice broke halfway through, their hands fell off etc.

Activated Node
    Ok. So user-created channels do not show up in your list unless you were there once before. So, if we want a channel, I saw we set battle.net to auto-join private channels, which will auto-join the last private channel you were in. So whenever you log in to battle.net next time, create a channel called RockPaperShotgun (not sure if it's case-sensitive and you only have to do this once so the game auto-joins you to it next time), if it's not there. That way, if any of us are online, the channel will be there.

Going to add some people who've posted their IDs in this thread.

Edit: Thought it might be an idea to create an SC2 group. Feel free to join up =]
    Last edited by StormTec; 07-06-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Good to see some RPSers online last night - hope to get some games going soon. I made the useful discovery that I was building about half as many SCVs as I needed which should result in my getting rolled over at least 2% less than before.

Activated Node
    protip: always build workers. Always.

Unless you're zerg, then it's a little more complicated...

Also, I'd like to point out that I've started a thread for people to list their SC2 IDs and numbers on the group page. If you fancy sharing, just post it in the discussion there =]
    Last edited by StormTec; 08-06-2011 at 06:36 PM.

Ooh, ooh, I play SCII!

Sev.363, I play on the NA servers. High diamond Terran starting to face off against Masters-level players (1v1 of course, not into serious team games). Would be great to get into some friendly team games with fellow RPS chums though :)

Network Hub
    CreepingDeat 870 (stupid character limits)

That's UK by the way, anyone can feel free to add me but I'd prefer people that are a bit rubbish like me (or someone that'd be nice enough to hold back xD)

Obscure Node
    This thread was essentially abandoned so.... /bump, My character code is 352, name is Bogart, I'll accept friend invites. Any chance of getting a few more determined players + a time for some casual games with each other?

P.S We've a chat channel (albeit an empty one) ''RockPaperShotgun'' on sc2, and a group http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru....php?groupid=3 so come on folks! Lets get some more SC2ers in here!

Activated Node
    Yeah~ sorry, I've been a bit busy as of late. Will try to get back into the habit of playing throughout the week, lol.

I'll probably be on for an hour or two this evening (hopefully playing fewer TvTs than last night). I'll try to remember to stay in the RockPaperShotgun channel instead of accidentally closing it.

Obscure Node
    Hey, just finished my placement matches won 1 out of 5 and got placed in the sliver league... How does that work??? I am now getting my ar*e handed to me... I have lost 5 on the bounce although 2 were close. Could do with some friendly matches just to have some fun.

ID is "Malous" if any one is interested in some fun matches co-op, 1 vs 1 or team...

Silver League. If anyone wants to play, send me a pm.

Obscure Node
    Currently trying to crawl my way back up to Diamond after getting knocked down to Platinum as a result of not playing for quite a while.

I'm about to jump into the EU server for some practice. Hit me up if you want a game. Krans-960, and I'll be in the RockPaperShotgun channel too.

Edit: I'm at the bottom of Bronze, so coaching would also be appreciated!

Id like to meet and play, but not really in team games. Id like to play some practise games against you guys to help us both polish up our play. (I need someone to bunker rush me 20 games in a row, etc).

Anyone up for this? I am Gold/Plat level zerg or toss.

Hi everyone,

I apologise for letting this thread die a bit after starting it, as I mentioned before, I've been travelling for a couple of months, I am back in two weeks and I'm up for properly reviving this thread (perhaps it would be better to start a fresh one). I'd like to organise an active list of players and the servers they are on, tutoring/coaching (I would absolutely love some myself), having friendly team games together and organising versus matches. I'll have a whole month off before university starts and I've been itching to do some starcrafting! We'll work out some way to all share details, or do a recruitment drive for the in game channel. See you all in two weeks.
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 03-08-2011 at 01:14 PM.

I could really do with a Zerg player to practise against -- I'm massively struggling against Zerg on the ladder, and I need some help working on how to play PvZ effectively. Any volunteers?

NA Region

Doss.743

High gold/Plat random player. I'd be happy to play with anyone.