A third RPS Blood Bowl tournament?

I've been thinking about proposing another league for a while now but was unsure about how much interest there would be, so this thread is basically to scope that out.

I was thinking about having a league based on four six team divisions. The winner of each division gets through to a semi final with a following final. I considered having the top two teams qualify from each division but this would mean that we would need three knockout stages instead of two and that would probably be quite boring for those that didn't reach the knockout stages.

I thought a two team limit per race would be good, with the first season having only new teams. Also, at the end of each season a team receives a seed based on his final division position, from 1 to 6. The following season the four divisions would be made up of one team from each seeding, randomly drawn. Hopefully this would mean that each of four divisions will have a fair spread of teams based on the previous seasons results. This would also make sure that every match remains competitive, as even if you cannot top your group you still want the highest possible seeding for next season.

So yeh, do the BB regulars here think they'd be interested in playing something like this or are you already busy enough with the two existing leagues? Also feel free to critique the outlined format and make any suggestions.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I'm not sure about another ongoing league but I'd be up for a knock-out cup again.

I don't know if I count as a regular, but I don't think I'd be game for another continuous league but would certainly be interested in a Cup, I think the title saying tournament will get many responses like this...
    Why are you wearing that stupid human suit?

Hmm true good point, I'll try and get it changed.

EDIT: well, it is a tournament just with a group stage.
    Last edited by duff; 14-10-2011 at 08:33 PM.

So if you get to the final that's a 7-game season?

Hmm. It's sort of an expansion on the new Open format. You could perhaps either just go for a cup or a bit of a halfway house, more but smaller divisions (so everyone gets a few games) and then going into a longer knockout. Differentiate it a bit more from what the Open's doing perhaps.

Just a thought. :)
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian View Post
    So if you get to the final that's a 7-game season?

Hmm. It's sort of an expansion on the new Open format. You could perhaps either just go for a cup or a bit of a halfway house, more but smaller divisions (so everyone gets a few games) and then going into a longer knockout. Differentiate it a bit more from what the Open's doing perhaps.

Just a thought. :)
    I thought about that, having 4 team groups and then a knockout stage (like the world cup or Euros) but the problem I saw with that is in 4 team groups it's often hard to seperate teams and can come down to TD/Cas difference which might not be a very fair way to do it.

Not a regular in leagues, but I'd certainly be up for this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus LowKey's Avatar
    I'd be up for a cup thing like the last one, not sure if id have time for more than an extra game a week with the DoD and the open

Quote Originally Posted by LowKey View Post
    I'd be up for a cup thing like the last one, not sure if id have time for more than an extra game a week with the DoD and the open
    The format wouldn't affect how regular the games would be, which would probably be something like 1 game every 10-14 days just like the Open and DoD.

Network Hub
    It depends on the pacing you want, the larger the group size the more likely it is you'll get dropouts and more slower rounds anyway.

Having mentioned that since we already a faster paced league and an any time challange league I see no problem with the pace of this one being as slow as a round a month.

I'd be interested as is, putting in for Delfs now though :-)

I'd be up for a one-off tournament, don't think I could commit to another ongoing one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I'd be totally into another one-time Cup (in November, mind you), but don't think I can handle a third league either.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Screwie's Avatar
    I would be up for this whether it is a one-time deal or a reoccurring thing.

I'm thinking it'd be good to get some more BB in but I'm not sure I've got the time - totally up for another cup (which, based on past experience, will take very little of my time), maybe for another league.

As most people seem to be saying, I would happily fit in the time for a one off cup, but wouldn't want to commit to something else as lengthy as a league.

I'd love to do another cup, but I don't have time for a 3rd league at the moment :(
    Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

Steam = potatoedoughnut

[RPS] Clone High