Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    say the word, i can prepare rar files and more coherent posts.

I created a brainstorming thread at the FOLK forums:

What makes a defensive mission enjoyable, challenging and replayable?

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Random Note:

Bombs spawned with "bo_mk82" createVehicle don't kill stuff, they only spawn explosions. use any other bomb type if you want to see an actual effect.

I have a mission idea.

Rescue Ikram's Prize Goats (working title)

CDF UN peacekeepers have stolen Ikram's three prizewinning goats mere days before the annual Takistani goat farmers competition. Colonel Aziz himself has distpatched a unit of his finest Black Turbans to assist Ikram and his extended family in recapturing them. CO is Ikram, accompanied by two fireteams of Takistani locals who start near the village. DC is Takistani army who starts with 4 fireteams of Black Turbans and TK Army JIP units on the airfield with a player-controlled An-2. Both elements must work together to secure the goats and bring them to the goat farmers competition in the An-2.
    I have one problem: How to get the goats into the An-2. I was thinking of using some kind of script that enables players to carry the goats in the same way that they carry wounded comrades in the default BIS medical module, and then load them in. Is there any way that you chaps know of to do this with a goat? Is there a better way of getting them into the An-2?
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

I did a bit of testing and confirmed my personal suspicions: if you're doing stuff for dedicated, say the ARPS server, ignore the skill slider in the editor unit dialog. The server settings seem to override that completely. Set skill values by script if you want to be sure of what's going on.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    I have a mission idea.

Rescue Ikram's Prize Goats (working title)
    CDF UN peacekeepers have stolen Ikram's three prizewinning goats mere days before the annual Takistani goat farmers competition. Colonel Aziz himself has distpatched a unit of his finest Black Turbans to assist Ikram and his extended family in recapturing them. CO is Ikram, accompanied by two fireteams of Takistani locals who start near the village. DC is Takistani army who starts with 4 fireteams of Black Turbans and TK Army JIP units on the airfield with a player-controlled An-2. Both elements must work together to secure the goats and bring them to the goat farmers competition in the An-2.
    I have one problem: How to get the goats into the An-2. I was thinking of using some kind of script that enables players to carry the goats in the same way that they carry wounded comrades in the default BIS medical module, and then load them in. Is there any way that you chaps know of to do this with a goat? Is there a better way of getting them into the An-2?
    try an addaction "load goats", that a) removes the goat (killVehicle), b) flips a global Var (goatsinan2 or something) to true and c) creates an addaction "unload goats" that basically reverses the effect and spawns a goat next to the AN2.

Anyway, introducing

Checkpoint Erebus (bonuspoints if you can point out where the name comes from)

The civil war has been ravaging Chernarus and only the intervention of the USMC changed the odds in the CDFs favour. The NAPA has been driven into the vast forests of Chernarus, fighting a bloody guerilla war and making it impossible for the allied forces to gain a foothold.

To keep the NAPA in check, the USMC began constructing remote forward observation points overlooking the forests. Checkpoint Erebus is the most recent of these and though not yet fully fortified and hardly reachable by car a full element of USMC soldiers has been deployed.

The guerillas have been awfully quiet in the last weeks and the few CDF informers in the region are talking of a massive concentration of forces gathering close to Checkpoint Erebus.

Features:
    - defend your base with static MGs and Searchlights (will finally be fixed in 1.60)
    - trip flares, personal mines and illumination barrages.
    - dynamic and randomized waves of attackers up to a final, massive wave or indefinitely.
    - lots of parameters to tweak the strength, size and skill of attackers, to include light vehicles etc
    - different scenarios: make a last stand, hold for reinforcements or try to be evacuated
    - optional toys: use Apaches and A10s as CAS
    Last edited by Wolfenswan; 08-12-2011 at 11:26 AM.

Activated Node
    Alright, I have another TvT mission ready soonish, just finishing some stuff up before releasing. The mission is called "Sobory brothers" and takes place at Chernarus.

The idea of the mission is simple: Two teams, currently Chernarus Guerrillas vs Takistani Guerrillas, who start in either Novy Sobory or Stary Sobor, duke it out between each other. Each town is fortified with sandbags, bunkers, towers, static weapons and so on.
    For added stealth option, the area around the towns and between them have been riddled with stuff, like rubble, destroyed cars, random objects, bodies.
    Stealth is really an option for this mission, since its going to be very dark. Each side has access to flares (in form of grenade launchers and offmap artillery support) as well as various vehicles and other goodies.

The objective is simple:
    Kill the enemy team, or complete various tasks in the town, including, but not limited to
    -Kill a VIP
    -Sabotage something
    -Steal something
    -Destroy something
    -Capture the town (if the enemy team has nobody in the town alive but there are still some people alive somewhere)
    And so on.

I dig Wolfenswan's Fuel Raid adversarial (attack on gas station in low visibility and Stalker-like atmosphere), and it occurred to me that having something like that but with a more extensive structure for the defenders to defend would be cool.

Having it happen in That Factory Building slash Construction Site on Chernarus / Zargabad, with maybe the surroudings cordoned off with barricades to limit the area, might be very cool.
    Clips are fully loaded, and then blood floods the lawn

FYI The standard Folk build of F2 for 2012 has been updated again. It now includes Heavy MG and mortar teams for all the major factions. See more at: http://www.ferstaberinde.com/folk/fo...0&p=2084#p2084

Network Hub

PickupScript

Not tested on dedicated.

Will allow players to pickup whatever you specify
    should be executed first.
    Code:
    carry_items = [sheep,fuels]; comment "Items that are allowed to be carried [object,..]";action_vars = []; comment "Just stores actions";
    items_vector = [[sheep,[0,0,0],180,[0,0,0]],[fuels,[0.1,-0.15,-0.2],20,[1,1,4]]]; comment "modiyfied values for use when aligning each object format is [obj,offset,dir,vectorupoffset]" ,;
    carried_items = [];  comment "items that are currently being carried [[unit,object],...]";
    {_var = _x addAction["Pick up","pick_up.sqf"];action_vars + [_var];} forEach carry_items;
    pick_up.sqf
    Code:
    scopename "main";_obj = _this select 0;
    _unit = _this select 1;
    _arr = [[_obj,_unit]];
    _pos = [0,0,0];
    _dir = 0;
    _vector = [0,0,0];

{ 
    _tobj = (_x select 0);
    _tunit = (_x select 1);
    if((_unit == _tunit)) then 
    {
    hint "You are already carrying a object!";
    breakout "main"
    };
    if((!isnull _tunit) and (_obj == _tobj)) then
    {
    hint "Someone else is already carrying that object!";
    breakout "main"
    };

_num + 1;
    }
     foreach carried_items;
     carried_items + [1];
    carried_items set [count carried_items, [_obj,_unit]];
    publicVariable "carried_items";
    { 
    scopename "out1";  
    _tobj = (_x select 0); 
    if((_obj == _tobj)) then
     {
     _pos = (_x select 1);
     _dir = (_x select 2);
     _vector = (_x select 3);
     breakout "out1"
     };
    }
     foreach items_vector;

_obj attachTo [_unit,_pos,"launcher"];
    _obj setDir _dir;
    _obj setVectorUp _vector;
    _obj setpos getpos _obj;
    _unit addAction["Drop","drop.sqf"];
    drop.sqf
    Code:
    _obj = _this select 0;
    _unit = _this select 1;
    _arr  = [[_obj,_unit]];
    _isright = false;
    _count = count carried_items;

{ 
    scopename "out1";  
    _tobj = (_x select 0); 
    _tunit = (_x select 1);
    if((_unit == _tunit)) then {_obj = _tobj;_isright = true;breakout "out1"};
    _num + 1;
    }
     foreach carried_items;

if(_isright) then {

_num = 0;
    { 
    scopename "out";
      _tobj = (_x select 0);
      if(_obj == _tobj) then {carried_items set [_num,-1];carried_items = carried_items - [-1];breakout "out"};
      _num + 1;
    } foreach carried_items;
    publicVariable "carried_items";
    detach _obj;
    _obj setpos  getpos _unit;
    _unit removeAction (_this select 2);
    } else {
    };