Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by cowthief skank View Post
    The game doesn't play the persuadatron as hilarious. It doesn't make a judgement on it either way, really, at least as far as I remember.
    I never thought or said that persuadetron is hilarious myself. I was quoting another guy, who said it was. And i see how deciding what to think according to your own moral standing miiiiiiiight be interesting... but the thing is, a disproportionate amount of people seem to think the game's refusal to show us any good was hee-larious, despite it's clearly non-comedic tone.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Why don't you just look it up on youtube?
    Because i'm too narrow-minded to come up with that idea myself (not really kidding here, BTW).

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    What, you think all those billionaires actually lose sleep over the people they've exploited?
    I am sure they toss and turn sleeplessly in their beds made of dollar bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Kollega View Post
    And i see how deciding what to think according to your own moral standing miiiiiiiight be interesting... but the thing is, a disproportionate amount of people seem to think the game's refusal to show us any good was hee-larious, despite it's clearly non-comedic tone.
    But how do you know if it is "clearly" non-comedic in tone if you can't even be bothered playing it before making your judgement?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kollega View Post
    Because i'm too narrow-minded to come up with that idea myself (not really kidding here, BTW).
    Here is a link for you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    This sound effect makes me feel gleeful.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/12603627/SOUND013_VOC.wav

Just played the first a second missions. It has been so long since I played this game that I couldn't even remember that you have to actually use the persuadatron to persuade somebody. I only ever remember it being an automatic thing, persuading everybody within range; is this an effect of more advanced research?

I've cranked the tax up to 50% and the ingrates in western europe have rebelled. You would have thought they would be grateful for my iron fist?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    Ugh. The person playing in that video is playing it in the most joyless, hamfisted way possible. Basically sitting in a corner waiting for the AI to walk into death. A cheap and boring exploit. Why play it like that?

You had to equip the persuadertron but not fire it. Its range and effectiveness depends on what brain the agent has installed - the more advanced the brain, the longer the range, and the fewer civvies you have to persaude before you can persuade cops or enemy agents.

Quote Originally Posted by sinister agent View Post
    Ugh. The person playing in that video is playing it in the most joyless, hamfisted way possible. Basically sitting in a corner waiting for the AI to walk into death. A cheap and boring exploit. Why play it like that?
    I loved getting my entire squad to mob up and wander 'round flaming everything that moved. No other strategy necessary. Gleeful and immoral.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I used to have so much fun getting an army of followers and then walking them back and forth over dropped weapons so they'd arm themselves. Then we'd go kill some agents laughing all the way. Until I inevitably discover that one of them picked up a Gauss Gun somewhere...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sinister agent's Avatar
    The best thing was persuading 200 people, using them to kill off your enemies, then pumping your agent full of adrenaline and running across the level to a car, then cackling with evil delight as you ran down dozens of bodies to recover their weapons.

Also the shotguns, which had terrible range, but were more powerful per shot than the minigun, and more importantly, sounded fantastically satisfying. Easily one of the best shotguns in any game. There was no better way to finish a long and bloody mission than cornering your final target and shotgunning the piss out of them.

Also Colorado, with its streets lined with people.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I am sure they toss and turn sleeplessly in their beds made of dollar bills.
    Only because they have the best trophy wives money can buy to share those beds with.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Couple of threadsters mentioning the sound.
    It was righteous wasn't it? The screaming of the immolated was spot on. It shows how a carefully implemented soundscape can evoke a response without 7.1 surroundasounda.

The more I'm remembering about it the more I'm down on a FPS remake. D'you really think a bunch of AI ragdolls will keep in formation behind you waiting to ambush the similarly erratic AI cops? If they don't stay exactly where I put them and do exactly as I wish I'm going to be a disappointed cappo in a future dystopia.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Hear, hear

There really aren't that many sound effects, and everything is primitively done, but the sounds in that game are really perfect. They evoke a lot of great memories.

Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Here is a link for you.
    The next time someone complains about the upcoming Syndicate reboot not being as tactical as its predecessors, I will paste a link to this video. Thank you.