Thread: Gfwl

Network Hub

Gfwl

I hate it. HATE it. It's stopped me playing several things completely, ie Batman AA, and now won't work with anything, even GTAIV which it used to. This is after attempting to fix it in a number of not too adventurous, shouldn't-mess-things-up ways. Any ideas? I cannot express the disdain I have for it, and I fail to see why anyone would use such a clearly terrible DRM system.

You probably installed an update for it at some time. This prevented me from playing AA. You'll need to find an older version (I'm not sure how to check which version I've got right now..it wants to update every time I start it) AFAIR the version pre-LiveID should work.
    So uninstall and reinstall the older version...
    Steam-Id inside.

Do you have Soluto installed? I recently had trouble starting GfWL games because I configured Soluto to block the Windows Live Sign-In Assistant from starting automatically during Windows' boot.

Network Hub
    No Buemba. I have Avira though, which I've heard causes problems. Thing is, I tried to reinstall GFWL (removing it via add/remove programs, and the Live client stuff too) as this was one thing suggested and now it's bollocksed everything, including what worked previously. Christian - any idea where to find an older version in case?

I had some trouble recently with GFWL-enabled stuff, trying to get Fable 3 to start for the first time. The application that decodes the executables would fail, complaining of a corrupted file. I think the problem was associated with my software firewall; a component had decided to lock some of the files, and on killing this part the decoder completed properly. However, reporting a corrupted file when one of the files is actually only locked seems like shoddiness of the highest order.

This wasn't the only problem I've had with GFWL