Anyone heard of this leaked game? Towns?

Someone I work with sent me a torrent for a leaked alpha version of a game called "Towns". From the devblog and facebook information I found it seems like Dwarf Fortress. I like the looks of it, but wasn't sure about the gameplay. Was wondering if anyone had tried it?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Are you talking about this?

sweet thanks. looks like this version has new graphics and stuff. Guess I'll dive in and see what's up!

Obscure Node
    Hey guys, I'm on the dev team for Towns. I'm glad you are taking an interest in the game! The leaked version was taken down so alls well that ends well. We will have a good version out soon enough, thanks for understanding!

-Alex

Obscure Node
    version 0.30 changelog for our biggest update yet is on the blog http://supermalparit.blogspot.com/, the version itself will be up soon.

Obscure Node
    0.30 is OUT grab it while it's free at www.townsgames.com

Obscure Node
    That link seems to be down

Obscure Node
    sorry, use our blog for the time being http://supermalparit.blogspot.com/

Activated Node
    This might just be the most pathetic attempt at guerilla marketing I've ever encountered in my whole life.

EDIT: Of course, it might just be a coincidence that a person uses his first post in this forum to ask about a game that's beeing advertised one thread below in the same forum.

Also, the game does look interesting.
    Last edited by Okami; 26-10-2011 at 02:45 PM.

yeah the stupid thing is that just saying: guys i made this cool game generally goes down a million times better with me...

Obscure Node
    Actually the first post was some guy who found a torrent of our game. I managed to use it to close down the torrent and promptly set up a new post to divert attention. Just check the name of the post. Anyways, let's hope they close this post down!