beyond good and evil 2

since it might still be coming to pc, i'm gonna post this here.

it's not entirely bad news, so don't panic yet.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...his-generation

Michel Ancel has confirmed that the much-anticipated sequel to Beyond Good & Evil will not be released on the current generation of home consoles.

Speaking at an exclusive Ubisoft dinner attended by GamesIndustry.biz last night, the respected designer confirmed that the game was still in development, but will skip this generation as he and his team continues to work on Rayman Origins.

"It is still alive and we are very far [into] development so we can't go back now," he said. "We are targeting the next generation of consoles."

Beyond Good and Evil 2 was unveiled at Ubidays in trailer format in 2008, and at the time had already been in development for a year and half.

But Ancel and his creative team are currently busy with the next Rayman title, for which they are building a new engine and tools from scratch.

Network Hub
    This might be sacrilege, but much like HL2Ep3 I'm just not that bothered anymore.

I'm fine with this. Hell, I'm even kind of excited. If BG&E2 does end up on the next generation of gaming platforms and keeps its predecessor's generally colourful aesthetic, why, it could end up looking very arresting indeed.

They can take as much time as they want, as long as the game ends up being good.

Why not just develop for the PCs now and then port it over to consoles?

A new generation of consoles? already?

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    A new generation of consoles? already?
    already? xbox was released in 2001 and 360 in 2005. it's been time for a new generation for a while now. plus there's wii U coming sometime next year.

i'm kinda afraid they won't bother bringing it to the pc, though.