Dawn of War II Co-op Campaign

Is anyone up for it? I've played a bit on my own, but with a more tactical nature of the game it is overwhelming to manage four squads at a time (not that I panic and scream in frustration and hopelessness in such moments), and having just two of them at command seems like a perfect balance.

Ideally it'd be a playthrough from the beginning, or in case of having an experienced player at my side, we could continue where I've stopped my not quite successful singleplayer attempts.

If all goes well, playing through Chaos Rising and Retribution campaigns would also be phenomenal.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Doesn'tmeananything View Post
    Is anyone up for it? I've played a bit on my own, but with a more tactical nature of the game it is overwhelming to manage four squads at a time (not that I panic and scream in frustration and hopelessness in such moments), and having just two of them at command seems like a perfect balance.

Ideally it'd be a playthrough from the beginning, or in case of having an experienced player at my side, we could continue where I've stopped my not quite successful singleplayer attempts.

If all goes well, playing through Chaos Rising and Retribution campaigns would also be phenomenal.
    I'm interested, but sadly i'm pretty busy just now. Don't want to overcommit myself. but if you don't find anybody, give me a shout in a few months time :)

hope you find somebody

Ah, unfortunate. Thanks in any case, though, and if you do happen to have some free time and desire to play before December, be sure to hit me up! Usually missions take a small amount of time, while being very enjoyable, self-contained experiences.

Activated Node
    I might be up for this. I got the all of the DoW2 games as part of the recent sale and all I've done so far is play through one of the campaigns in Retribution. I'm a total novice as well though so I'm not sure I'll help you improve much.

Great! Post your ID and specify time, and we shall slaughter some xenos scum.

Activated Node
    Cool. My Steam ID is http://steamcommunity.com/id/roarster

If we're talking vanilla DoW2 I've just started downloading it and given my slow download speeds it probably wont finish before it's too late tonight. I should be able to do tomorrow night though, maybe from 8.30 onwards?

That sounds fantastic. Message me around that time, and we'll get the game going.

Also, what do you think about voice chat? On one hand, there are obvious advantages of easy communication of tactical maneuvres and such - we'll be playing an RTS after all (but the game isn't very twitch based, so text chat is a fine option). And on the other, you would have to weather through my stuttering attempts at speaking foreign language and have a kind of noiseless environment.

Whatever you're most comfortable with.

Activated Node
    I've got a mic but I've never actually felt the need to use it. We could give it a go though my fairly strong north-east of Scotland accent may make things a bit difficult if English isn't your first language!

I did have that concern, although it really has nothing to do with your particular accent (I've listened to a good bit of people speaking in it and for me it's fine), but with the fact that having real-time conversations in non-native languages is not quite my forte. In any case, if there will ever be the need to switch to actual talking, I think we won't have a problem with that.

Looking forward to playing with you!

Activated Node
    We'll see how it goes then. Did you send me a friend request on Steam? I haven't seen anything coming through yet.

Will I need a GFWL account for this as well? I set one up for Fallout 3 but I've no idea what username or password I used (I eventually used a mod to strip GFWL out of Fallout 3 after losing my save...).

I re-sent you an invitation, you should try it now.

And yes, you do need a GFWL account. It can be a bit fiddly to set up a new one, but I've personally never had any problems with that.
    Last edited by Doesn'tmeananything; 24-10-2011 at 03:43 PM.

Activated Node
    It seems to have came through this time so we should be good to go. I'll try and get the game installed and a GFWL account set up in advance of 8.30 but it'll depend on when I'm able to get the kids to sleep.

Message me whenever you're ready, I've basically no time constraints tonight. That, and I've already postponed playing the campaign for quite a bit - don't mind waiting some more.