Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 20282930
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mr.ioes View Post
    I'll never understand why people like MMOs. Never understood why people were hyped for WoW back in 2004 either. Brainless grindfests. I even tried RIFT for a couple of hours only to have my doubts on this genre confirmed.

I'll never understand how people do not care about what they eat. [...] poisonous fats in processed food (pizza, etc).
    People play MMOs because other people play MMOs. We're social animals.

Pizza? Processed? What the fuck kinda pizza are you eating? Pizza is just dough, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese! If pizza is "processed food," then bread is processed food.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Pizza? Processed? What the fuck kinda pizza are you eating? Pizza is just dough, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese! If pizza is "processed food," then bread is processed food.
    Well you can find a lot of crap in stuff like supermarket frozen pizza. But there's so much scaremongering about food content, I tend to ignore it and exercise a bit of common sense and self control. So there's some unsubstantiated claims that such-and-such substance can cause cancer, and the food regulation authorities are all being paid off to let it pass. Even it was true it's not going to do me serious harm if I don't stuff my face with it every day.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelron View Post
    Well you can find a lot of crap in stuff like supermarket frozen pizza. But there's so much scaremongering about food content, I tend to ignore it and exercise a bit of common sense and self control. So there's some unsubstantiated claims that such-and-such substance can cause cancer, and the food regulation authorities are all being paid off to let it pass. Even it was true it's not going to do me serious harm if I don't stuff my face with it every day.
    If mr.ioes' only experience with pizza is digiorno or whatever, then he's too sheltered to know food, which ironically answers his question for him.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    I ment that the oil that's used in processed food isn't the same as the oil you can buy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trans_fat

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    I ment that the oil that's used in processed food isn't the same as the oil you can buy.
    Plenty of "processed" foods are made without trans fats.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    Plenty of "processed" foods are made without trans fats.
    I can see how much you read the wikipage, how much you are interested in keeping a worthwhile discussion and how much knowledge you have about this topic. Feel free to consider my post as detrimental to this issue as yours.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    I can see how much you read the wikipage, how much you are interested in keeping a worthwhile discussion and how much knowledge you have about this topic. Feel free to consider my post as detrimental to this issue as yours.
    I'm not really sure what your post is supposed to mean. I'm well aware of what trans fats are. In the USA all food products HAVE to have the amount of trans fat in the nutritional information on the label. Beyond that...

The Philadelphia City Council voted unanimously to pass a ban on February 8, 2007, which was signed into law on February 15, 2007, by Mayor John F. Street.[117][118] By September 1, 2007, eateries must cease frying food in trans fats. A year later, trans fat must not be used as an ingredient in commercial kitchens. The law does not apply to prepackaged foods sold in the city. On October 10, 2007, the Philadelphia City Council approved the use of trans fats by small bakeries throughout the city.

NYC banned trans fats in 2006.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl