Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    When a girl says "it doesn't matter", what she actually means is "this is very important to me". I mean wtf?!
    My girlfriend breaks this rule! It's shocking and disturbing and contradicts a lifetime of experience, but it's true. Maybe it's because she's Italian and not a native English speaker.

I don't understand non-friendly people. Assholes. Selfish people who set out to make others' lives worse.

Be careful people, I'm convinced Michael McIntyre's people rake the net for these sorts of threads.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Lesser Hivemind Node westyfield's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom OBedlam View Post
    Be careful people, I'm convinced Michael McIntyre's people rake the net for these sorts of threads.
    Speaking of which, I don't understand how people find Mr McIntyre funny.
    "Hurr hurr, he did a voice!"
    "GOOMH, Michael, I've been on a crowded bus too!"

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    AAND hwhat is the deal with toasters?! I mean come on! They only have two settings, burnt to a crisp or slightly warm! What is the deal with that?

Well, that's a broken toaster. If you keep your receipts you should be ok.

Network Hub
    i don't think people really get the idea of the original concept, but hey, its still intereseting.

what i'm talking about is things that when you really, properly try and understand it, you just cannot understand it.

one of the big ones for me is people who are 'unable' to read late into their lives. How does someone funtion through life like this? and surely, they must be able to read to some degree... whether recognising shapes or patterns or whatever. I really cannot fathom it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamikaze-X View Post
    what i'm talking about is things that when you really, properly try and understand it, you just cannot understand it.
    The Copenhagen interpretation! Bloody Niels Bohr.

(Yes, I have missed the point too.)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjonson View Post
    AAND hwhat is the deal with toasters?! I mean come on! They only have two settings, burnt to a crisp or slightly warm! What is the deal with that?

Well, that's a broken toaster. If you keep your receipts you should be ok.
    Stuart Lee has, over the course of this series of Comedy Vehicle, progressed from something I didn't understand to something I quite like.

---

On the other hand I don't get Made in the Hills The Only Shore is whatever.

I've got nothing against overly staged TV watching a bunch of twats make complete idiots of themselves, after all I watch The Apprentice. But these people are so spectacularly annoying and the staging is so awkward that it's just excruciating to watch. Just don't get the appeal.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    ...On the other hand I don't get Made in the Hills The Only Shore is whatever...

For me it's reality TV generally. I just don't see the attraction.

For me it's <s>reality</s> TV generally. I just don't see the attraction.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Attack thenarrative like a radiant suicide
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Stuart Lee has, over the course of this series of Comedy Vehicle, progressed from something I didn't understand to something I quite like.

---

On the other hand I don't get Made in the Hills The Only Shore is whatever.

I've got nothing against overly staged TV watching a bunch of twats make complete idiots of themselves, after all I watch The Apprentice. But these people are so spectacularly annoying and the staging is so awkward that it's just excruciating to watch. Just don't get the appeal.
    I'm glad someone got that :) I think he's a genius, watching Fist of Fun in 1995 with my twin brother was a revelation, I still remember running gags that didn't really make any sense that we both found so funny we were crying :) And of course, This Morning With Richard Not Judy, the inexplicable daytime TV show he created with Lee Herring... aaahhhhhhh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd3v9...eature=related

When sporting events (usually football) are on television, the camera will sometimes cut to a group of glum-looking fans whose team are losing. They will suddenly start jumping and grinning BECAUSE THEY'RE ON TV!!! I will never, ever understand that.

How people - grown, adult people - can like Dr. Who.

How people can be evil and twisted enough to play pyros in TF2.

How Americans can never just be Americans. They are Irish-Americans or something! Because their great-great-great grandather's best friend's son had a girlfriend whose dog was Irish! And this is incredibly important to their identity as a human being!

How people have the patience to do ridiculously time-consuming, complex structures in games like Minecraft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidian View Post
    How people can be evil and twisted enough to play pyros in TF2.
    It's incredibly fun the chaos you can make as a pyro!

Obscure Node
    For me it's reality TV generally. I just don't see the attraction.
    Really? All TV? You're missing out man.

Network Hub
    How a group of eight people will spread out to fill an entire sidewalk and refuse any other traffic with a huff and a "well I never." I'm 130 lbs. Maybe two feet wide. Seriously. I don't want to walk in the street.

Quote Originally Posted by outoffeelinsobad View Post
    How a group of eight people will spread out to fill an entire sidewalk and refuse any other traffic with a huff and a "well I never." I'm 130 lbs. Maybe two feet wide. Seriously. I don't want to walk in the street.
    Science to the rescue!

"In this work, we analyze the motion of approximately 1500 pedestrian groups under natural condition, and show that social interactions among group members generate typical group walking patterns that influence crowd dynamics. At low density, group members tend to walk side by side, forming a line perpendicular to the walking direction. As the density increases, however, the linear walking formation is bent forward, turning it into a V-like pattern. These spatial patterns can be well described by a model based on social communication between group members. We show that the V-like walking pattern facilitates social interactions within the group, but reduces the flow because of its “non-aerodynamic” shape. Therefore, when crowd density increases, the group organization results from a trade-off between walking faster and facilitating social exchange. "
    Last edited by Rii; 09-06-2011 at 06:47 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I don't understand that how some people actually like Eurosong. I mean most of the songs are stupid & repetetive.
    I also don't understand how the German's & Austrian's like their comedians, parodies and sitcoms, I really don't. I watched some of their movies, shows and stand-up comedians. Most of the time I would stare into the screen and wonder how the f**k is this supposed to be funny?! The humor is just horrible, it's so infantile, stupid and boring. There were some OK shows, but there weren't any that were actually very good.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Donjonson View Post
    I'm glad someone got that :) I think he's a genius, watching Fist of Fun in 1995 with my twin brother was a revelation, I still remember running gags that didn't really make any sense that we both found so funny we were crying :) And of course, This Morning With Richard Not Judy, the inexplicable daytime TV show he created with Lee Herring... aaahhhhhhh
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wd3v9...eature=related
    While watching this I felt a strong urge to smash my screen. If you excuse me, I have to go buy a big bottle of rakia, get drunk of my a** and forget I ever watched this.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rakia

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    My list could be very long because i don't really understand humans that much but i'll try to keep it down :)

Why are genders so mean to each other. Why do girls think all men are dicks and just out to destroy there lives and why do men think similar but replacing dick with bitch?

Why do people really like Kanye West and how do people who wouldn't normally like his sort of music become fans of his? I've listened to him and he doesn't do anything more special then other rappers do it seems.

How can people not like watching subtitled films, i've heard a thousand excuses and none of them are particularly that great. Your missing out on about 80% of the worlds cinema. Some of the greatest films made are in a foreign language!

Network Hub
    I will never understand peoples obsession with horses!