Page 5 of 83 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    yesterday I bought gift by Eliza Carthy and Norma Waterson which I am listening to right now. its really good but I am struggling to get though because I keep going back to other tracks on the album. I also got Raising Sand but I haven't listened to that yet.

Trentemoller, best producer to come out of Denmark

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Glastonbury highlights. On the basis that I couldn't pass up watching a highlights show with the subtitle "Janelle Monae and the Chemical Brothers." From what they've shown of the Janelle Monae set so far she absolutely killed it (not that I'd have expected anything else).

At the moment there's a middle bit with other people I care less about (at least so far). Aloe Blacc's on just now. He's actually suprisingly good.

Looking forward to hearing what the Chemical Brothers were like, though it will no doubt raise my "Glastonbury envy" somewhat further.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Currently Star Guitaring with Glastonbury. Last couple of days I've been surfing for Glastonbury good stuff. Which today has meant Elbow, Chemical Brothers, apparently Janelle Monae who was a little bit head-asplodingly good, Aloe Blacc...basically what Lambchops has said.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Listened to Coldplay on Glastonbury, hmm i don't think they are that much of a stadium band excep for some songs but they were pretty good I have to say. The new songs seems alright I guess...though of course they do live

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Procession

Lo-Fi twee-esque Poppunk.

Activated Node
    Has anyone been listening to The Book of Mormon soundtrack? Fantastic :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I really want to go see that, hopefully it comes to our British shores at some point I've always liked those two's output, they seem really good satirists and in a world where satire is slowly fading away they need to be nurtured.

Listening to the new Weird Al album.

EDIT: Have listened to it all now. I think "CNR" is my favourite one on there.
    Last edited by Ian; 30-06-2011 at 12:42 PM.
    A brave heart and a courteous tongue. They shall carry thee far through the jungle, manling.

RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EndelNurk View Post
    Has anyone been listening to The Book of Mormon soundtrack? Fantastic :)
    It was streaming on NPR for a while so I listened to it then. Hilarious stuff, definitely plan on going to see it if it ends up in the West End. I've never been to a West End show so a gloriously sweary, silly tale would be a wonderful place to start.

Been listening to a bit of folk recently. I love this June Tabor/Oysterband collaboration:

I also stumbled recently on VNV Nation and I thought this was quite wonderful:

And just because they're a bit OTT and I'm going to see them later in the year, here's Within Temptation:
    There is nothing more powerful than a bad idea who's time has come...

took a chance and bought an album from a band when I had never heard any of their music. I love doing that. so someone said Bon Iver were quite good and I agree, I was thrown off by the weird 80s ballad, sax, thing they do at the end though.

Just came back from an Ice Cube and Naughty by Nature gig, early 90s hip hop bliss.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    The entirely free and entirely GLORIOUS Wugazi. Yes. Wu-Tang Clan mixed with Fugazi.

YES.

Quote Originally Posted by TheLastBaron View Post
    Trentemoller, best producer to come out of Denmark
    That is a fantastic track. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I keep listening to the Hanna OST, by The Chemical Brothers. I think it's their best work in years.
    The movie is great and the OST fits it perfectly. Here's a scene (the last part of a very long take):

And here's one of my favourite tracks from the OST:

If you like stuff like Run Lola Run, Leon or Bourne, do yourself a favour and watch Hanna. Saoirse Ronan is amazing.

Network Hub
    Been listening to Richard Dawkins read The God Delusion. So thorough, so fascinating.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0uW5aWVgxAw&NR=1">An old favourite of mine.</a> Mind-wreckingly phat fusion.