Page 51 of 82 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 1629
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    SQUEEEEEEE!

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/

New song sounds absolutely huge. I did like Valtari but this, this is what Sigur Ros are best at. Going to try and get tickets for their Wembley show but I imagine it will sell out super quick.

There are hints of sun outside, so it's the right time for Hybrid's "Beachcoma".

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I've been listening to Anais Mitchell who I'm increasingly becoming convinced is among the best things in folk music right now.
    A bit late to the party, but "Hadestown" was my favourite album of the year when it was released.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    A bit late to the party, but "Hadestown" was my favourite album of the year when it was released.
    That is the correct choice!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Wow Sigur Ros album already definitly good since I thought there last album was very slight and like when they go more epic. Also are they going a bit more of a metal/industrial route...interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Depeche Mode - Delta Machine. Much better than the last one. Not sure if better than Playing the Angel - it doesn't quite reach that one's heights but it's more consistent. I like all tracks (17 in the Deluxe edition) except one.

Amusing tune:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    After KT Tunstall just announced her new album and QOTSA have just started teasing theirs, it occurs to me that this year I'm going to have 6 (SIX!!) new albums to purchase (in no particular order: QOTSA, KT Tunstall, Goldfrapp, Little Boots, The Pretty Reckless, Lissie) which is pretty damn exciting for me. And yet...

...this has been in my head all day. Not that that's a bad thing, mind.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

@ JG

New Tunstall and Goldfrapp this year too? There's a potential embarrassment of riches coming out this year. Flaming Lips, Kurt Vile, The National, British Sea Power, Camera Obscura, Neon Neon and more I've probably forgotten. Oh and Jurassic 5 have reformed and are touring with the original line up.

All I need for the icing on the cake is an official release date for the next Janelle Monae album.
    Last edited by Lambchops; 23-03-2013 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    ...this has been in my head all day. Not that that's a bad thing, mind.
    Cannot hear that song without thinking of Karl Pilkington complaining that Egyptians don't actually spend their day to day lives walking in that manner.

Aaaaannnd - the new Daft Punk album is due on May 21st. But as they are busy being coquettish little teases I'm going to post this instead:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj8JrQ9w5jY

(the top rated comment actually raised a chuckle for me, sometimes Youtube isn't a horrible place!)

Network Hub

This was (relatively) big news when it reached No. 2 in the UK charts in February so obviously it's not exactly fresh. However, I heard it for the first time in a club last night, and despite it being just a well polished beat I CAN'T GET THE FUCKING THING OUT OF MY HEAD. The rational part of my brain is nonplussed. The jump around in clubs part of my brain is OD-ing on those synths.

So I'm gonna try and infect some of you lot with it. And shoot the DJ that dropped it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    From Californication tv show,really beutiful song.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Laze your face

Dizraeli and the Small Gods. Saw them at the Green Man fest last year, and they finally got their album out this month.

Network Hub

So many lyrics, we keep them in stores!

Bless their hearts, I'm loving the fact this is going to number 1 on a wave of 90s nostalgia. Poor Ant looks like he's absolutely knackered at the end of that routine! Terrible song of course (but a damn site better than their genuinely awful cover of Stepping Stone).

Network Hub
    That video needs a trigger warning for people of a certain age.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    That video needs a trigger warning for people of a certain age.
    Clicking on related links brought back memories of SMTV live (which I still watched despite getting to be "too old" for that sort of thing as it was properly excellent. I'd forgotten just how much of a dick Dec was to kids during the Wonkey Donkey segment.

Network Hub
    Oh well Saturday morning TV is all well and good. Lots of nostalgia there.

But Let's Get Ready To Rhumble can fuck right off! Even my stupid, undiscerning 10 year old self thought it was crap. And that version of me listened to 2 Unlimited, for God's sake.

At least they seem to be giving some of the cash from sales to charity. Offset the damage.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    But Let's Get Ready To Rhumble can fuck right off! Even my stupid, undiscerning 10 year old self thought it was crap. And that version of me listened to 2 Unlimited, for God's sake.
    Yup, I'm pretty sure 10 year old me watched the S Club 7 TV show. Though clearly my bemusement at why backing music would appear from nowhere should I was ready to move on from the pop bubble!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I never did like Ant & Dec.

Oh yeah, music:

Last edited by Kelron; 29-03-2013 at 09:07 PM.