Page 52 of 80 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast
Results 1,021 to 1,040 of 1594
    Obscure Node
    Photek ~ The Hidden Camera

What was that song, I want to say early 90s, where the video featured early CGI of skeletons riding trombones/trumpets through some kind of energy vortex? It was on all the bloody time when I were a nipper, and now I can't remember what it was called or who it was by.
    Last edited by Rath; 03-04-2013 at 02:29 AM.

Obscure Node
    Some sort of typical type songs I am listening this time. Like one of my most favorite song.
    "One less lonely girl" by Justin Bieber. I think that song makes some records for Justin Bieber.
    Last edited by Carver; 06-04-2013 at 07:43 AM.
    Have a wonderful day!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Sub-bass spot check:

Network Hub
    Bloc Party's last album is quite good for when you're feeling kind down and need something to kick some energy into you. The closing track is particularly good for that:

My Morning Jacket's Touch Me I'm Going to Scream Pt. 2, 'cause they're awesome.
    I take photos of space and talk about it sometimes: http://ofspaceandthings.tumblr.com Also, I am making a game for which there is a development log: http://elegythegame.tumblr.com/

Mogwai "George Square Thatcher Death Party".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar

Very yay. Two months to go until the album is out. If it's all this good, I'm going to be very happy.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    [QOTSA]
    Coincidentally, I was listening to Regular John when this popped up in my feed. It's at least as good as anything off Era Vulgaris (which, fuck, came out when I was still in high school. It's been too long, Josh.)

Apparently King Midas Sound have spent the intervening years since their last album to develop their live show into something insane, and it's showing through in their latest single:

For comparison's sake. Now if only they'd take it across the pond.

Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Stopped listening to QOTSA after they stopped releasing Kyuss albums (first 2 and odd tracks off Songs for the Deaf). Is Mark Lanegan still with them?

Anyway, I found out Jason Molina of Songs: Ohia and Magnolia Electric Co. died last month. So, I've been listening to a live album put on Bandcamp by his label.

Magnolia Electric Co. Live

And my favourite track from his brilliant Songs: Ohia album, The Lioness:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    This sublime remix is rather appropriate as I'm currently in Manhattan!

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    This sublime remix is rather appropriate as I'm currently in Manhattan!
    Is Angel Haze done trying to be a one-woman OFWGKTA, then?

Sunday morning easy listening.

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Network Hub

I kinda have this little obsession of trying to burst my eardrums with music like this as of late.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Mmmmyes. Beats don't get much more minimalist than this.

I find Gingers' solo work more relaxing and easy listening than The Wildhearts.

Saw a bit of this bluesy, funky trio on the first (and alas only day I could be there) of the French Quarter Music festival in New Orleans. Alas their set got cut short by a massive thunderstorm but I'd heard enough to go and buy CDs, this is a type of music I keep meaning to get into more but don't know where to start, so it's nice to just stumble upon it.

Also at the same festival came across The Honeypots, who do a nice line in more gospel inspired blues, with percussion and cello (often used for bass purposes) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pM1-AVz1q3I

Would have loved to spend another few days there to discover more awesome artists (the jazz and the brass bands were awesome too, but it was the more soulful/funky/bluesy stuff that I most enjoyed) but I had to move onto New York where it was back to some good old house music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfLcfPdrYVQ

Sorry, this was as much a what I did on my holidays post as a what I'm listening to! And with that in mind I might as well chuck in a link to the opening number of Book of Mormon - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OKkLV1zE8M0

Quote Originally Posted by Rath View Post
    What was that song, I want to say early 90s, where the video featured early CGI of skeletons riding trombones/trumpets through some kind of energy vortex? It was on all the bloody time when I were a nipper, and now I can't remember what it was called or who it was by.

This is one of those songs where if I heard it now and I was out and I'd had a bit to drink I'd probably gleefully shout "TUNE" in a completely moronic fashion. I might even do that horrible thing where you put your hands into a "T" shape just to signify that it is indeed a "tune" and then I'll wake up with a horrendous hangover. It is however a sublime example of everything I love about cheesy 90s dance music, it's just so catchy. Disclaimer: I googled skeleton riding and "skeleton riding trumpet" game up in autocorrect, I'd never seen the video but I'm glad that has now been rectified!