Page 53 of 80 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 1597
    Heal the world.

It's beautiful.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Anyone else do any Record Day Shopping?

You can spot my ugly mug on the 6 music blog with a 10th anniversary edition of Elephant I got at Truck in Oxford - http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p017m55b/live

I also snapped up the reissues of the Beta Band's 3 EPs and a limited edition 7 inch Frightened Rabbit/Lua single.

Nice civilized queue (and sunny fortunately!), always enjoy adding to my vinyl collection.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    This is one of those songs where if I heard it now and I was out and I'd had a bit to drink I'd probably gleefully shout "TUNE" in a completely moronic fashion. I might even do that horrible thing where you put your hands into a "T" shape just to signify that it is indeed a "tune" and then I'll wake up with a horrendous hangover. It is however a sublime example of everything I love about cheesy 90s dance music, it's just so catchy. Disclaimer: I googled skeleton riding and "skeleton riding trumpet" game up in autocorrect, I'd never seen the video but I'm glad that has now been rectified!
    I like to think that without that video, there would have been no Timewave Zero.

Natural progression of dance music: Cheesy 90's dance - Period of inexplicable blackouts referred to as the 2000s possibly containing The Prodigy - Industrial Aggrotech of 2010s

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    steam: sketch

@ New Daft Punk

It's alright isn't it? The edit cuts short just as it sounds like it's about to go into a nifty synth bit so I reckon the album version will be superior. Looking forward to the album, will be interesting to see how it turns out. Personally I think they are at their best when their properly going for it (the more chilled out stuff like this is needed during an album but for me the first bunch of tracks on Discovery and Alive '07 are their highest peaks, so hopefully there's more of that sort of thing.

The PR for the album has been bloody tiresome though, can't be arsed with trailers and slow drips of information, though I guess it did a great job of making an album release feel like an event, which only really Radiohead have been any good at lately.

Network Hub
    Anyone else do any Record Day Shopping?
    The Death Waltz releases were top of my list and I managed to bag the 7" TV themes and the Steve Moore 12", but missed out on Antoni Maiovvi's release. Missed out on the Beta Band, too, which was a bit of a shame. Hopefully they might turn up online next week when stores are allowed to put up stock they have left.

My budget wouldn't really allow for much else, to be honest. Was a gorgeous day for it, though. Went to the Inkwell in York this year which is run by a really nice bloke. Always good fun if you don't fuss too much about getting things. Piccadilly Records said they had people queueing over night which is just... I dunno. I bet none of them hung around in the shop after they got what they wanted. What's the point. A lot of the smaller places will go back to being half empty next weekend.

Yeah, queuing overnight is too far! Almost certainly wouldn't have bothered myself if it had been raining (or would have just grabbed some non RSD vinyl, which is still in the spirit of the thing).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    @ New Daft Punk

It's alright isn't it? The edit cuts short just as it sounds like it's about to go into a nifty synth bit so I reckon the album version will be superior. Looking forward to the album, will be interesting to see how it turns out. Personally I think they are at their best when their properly going for it (the more chilled out stuff like this is needed during an album but for me the first bunch of tracks on Discovery and Alive '07 are their highest peaks, so hopefully there's more of that sort of thing.

The PR for the album has been bloody tiresome though, can't be arsed with trailers and slow drips of information, though I guess it did a great job of making an album release feel like an event, which only really Radiohead have been any good at lately.
    Yeah, I like the song so far, but really I think the main album version will be the one to be excited about. Like you said it seems to cut off the more synth-y stuff which there will probably a good few minutes of on the full record. That said, I'm really enjoying listening to it, it's got a nice feel to it and sounds pretty great overall.
    steam: sketch

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Went to the Inkwell in York this year which is run by a really nice bloke.
    I walked past there this afernoon and saw it was packed. Did they have someone doing a live set?

Being all digital, I'll probably grab something off Bandcamp later. [/missing the point]

Network Hub
    Yeah they had someone playing in the afternoon but I was there pretty early so didn't hang around for that.

Oh and the new Kurt Vile album is ace, need to give it a proper listen but first impressions are very good, perfect way to wrap up a sunny day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    It's not raining here, but it might as well be.

Hurray for novelty breaks records!

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

New Camera Obscura. Yay!

Network Hub
    My day just got a billion times better.

New Neon Neon is streaming now. I'm rather liking it so far but I'm a massive Gruff Rhys fanboy so my opinion is not objective in the slightest.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musi...-makes-perfect

Network Hub
    After the mention of the Haxan Cloak on the Sunday Papers I've been delving back into all things Shackleton. Can't beat a good bit of real dark and deadly dubstep.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Something calm.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Something calm.
    Me too.

http://grooveshark.com/s/First+Narrows/9mHaP?src=5
    steam