Page 74 of 84 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
Results 1,461 to 1,480 of 1678
    Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by moms View Post
    Figured I'd do a little chillin with Miles Davis - Sketches Of Spain (while I'm waiting for PS2 to update.)
    I really need to listen to Sketches again. I loved the mood it created last time that I listened to it, and I've grown to appreciate Miles Davis more and more over the last few months.

Only heard this for the first time recently. I hadn't realised that the hook in Little Fluffy Clouds was a sample.

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Because it's a lovely video:

Last edited by Dubbill; 24-02-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Network Hub
    This is from the soundtrack to a game that was released recently called NaissanceE. It takes it's music from a few different composers, but it's the tracks by Pauline Oliveros and her "Deep Listening" music, collaberating with a few others, that has kept me absorbed these past few days. It's a shame what's on youtube is such poor quality, but it still gives you an idea of the sounds they're creating.

In the context of the game's sci-fi setting, it reminded in a weird way of Jerry Goldsmiths score for Alien, because it's so rare these days to hear such clear use of orchestral instruments in science fiction, when it's easier to opt for a synth score. Anyway, the atmosphere it creates in NaissanceE is quite astounding at times.

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Just for the record, you do still see that in the desert

Quote Originally Posted by Dubbill View Post
    Because it's a lovely video:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    This week I've discovered Maximum the Hormone.

These lads (and lass) are brilliant. They remind me of Undown and TMCM. As much as me and Japan don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, they produce some brilliant bands.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Obscure Node
    i love old japanese game ost especially RPG genre. currently listening to Wild Arms Alter Code: F and Suikoden ost

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Been a while since I've posted here, so here's what I've been listening to over the last couple of months:

Uncle Tupelo - Was completely unaware of them for some reason, heard the reissue of No Depression in a record shop, immediately bought it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKo_1rVClOk&feature=kp

Shuggie Otis - Excellent session musician doing solo stuff from back in the day, this is his most famous song (and oft sampled) and it is superb - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR1JQOBRrUY&feature=kp

Randolph's Leap - Lyrics stay on the right side of making me smile rather than making me cringe but your mileage may vary (they have one song where the singer mocks himself for having a song called "Crisps") - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RKX1eCwslRM

Marissa Nadler - New album is excellent, love her voice - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_KVavjkdTs

Elbow - Their last album never connected with me (for the first time with one of their albums) but this one is much better - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9COm7UZffY

Neneh Cherry - Have to go investigate her older stuff, I have to admit the only Cherry I was really aware of was Eagle Eye because of Save Tonight! Her song with Robyn of her new album is excellent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yvsq_jHK0M

Mo - Great pop music - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5uIVBxWZVU

Anais Mitchell - Saw her live recently and she was astounding so found myself delving into her earlier albums which I hadn't really investigated. Didn't play this specific song but it's one of my favourites of the earlier stuff and it's nice to hear the story behind it (which was something she did throughout her gig, she comes across as really likeable as well as an amazing musician) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArTWcDcKNmI

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    The Wave Pictures - Stumbled across these guys. Not sure how. Wish there was an official video for the first track of their Long Black Cars album. The live vids I've seen don't highlight the nervous, frantic quality of the singer's voice. I'm living in America's great southwest right now and this makes for good road music.

To the guy listening to Sketches of Spain awhile back, I was just rocking that this morning. What a genius.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Heard this on the radio, which reminded me of it being used as the soundtrack to the highlights of a sporting event.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

There was a good documentary about Gene Clark on BBC4 on Friday so it calls for a bit of this:

Obscure Node
    i am listening right now to some soul RnB music on youtube :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Anais Mitchell - Saw her live recently and she was astounding so found myself delving into her earlier albums which I hadn't really investigated. Didn't play this specific song but it's one of my favourites of the earlier stuff and it's nice to hear the story behind it (which was something she did throughout her gig, she comes across as really likeable as well as an amazing musician) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ArTWcDcKNmI
    Unfortunately (?) nothing I have heard so far could compete with "Hadestown". What a great journey and voice cast!
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I never thought I would like this kind of music but its kind of funky I just can't help myself.

New Tuneyards. Hooray!

Network Hub

Heard rumblings about how good this album is without really paying much attention to it, turns out I should have!

In my pursuit of all things bass orientated I've kind of fallen off this sort of music the last few years, so I'm trying to look out for it a bit more.

As for the album itself, it's hard to separate my pure enjoyment of the music, and the sense of nostalgia it's provoking. I mean it's like pure Dad Music. I don't mean that in a bad way, just that most of what I listened to as a kid came from my father, and when I listen to this album all I can hear is Springsteen, Dire Straits, Fleetwood Mac etc etc. Even the cover looks like an old Rory Gallagher album or something. I already know my dad will love this.

And that's not to say it's a boring pastiche. It feels very vital, not just an affectation. I guess it's the best kind of retro. Of course it helps that the songs are fantastic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    New video by World Order: Have a Nice Day. As always, half the fun comes from watching the crowds react to their antics.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Oh good grief. Bluegrass tribute to The Offspring.

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

This cropped up on shuffle on my iPod in the midst of (somewhat inexplicably) a 90s Dance compilation.

It's actually a single from the first album I bought on cassette tape and I still contend that All Saints were better than The Spice Girls: