Page 80 of 86 FirstFirst ... 30707879808182 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1715

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    God Almighty the Architect remix EPs for Mine are just dreadful. I'd actually be very angry if I'd paid money for either of these (they were free downloads).

Sorry, I know it's not what we do in this thread for the most part, but what the hell. I guess I'm partly just venting because I honestly haven't heard anything this bad in some time - at least not from an artist whose work I have greatly enjoyed in the past. Though it does also take me back to when I used to be really, really into goth, industrial, EBM and all the rest of it, and while I liked quite a few of the artists who made this music it fascinated me how many of them seemed to be blatantly trying to make music which sounded like "real" dance tracks while they plainly had no clue how "real" dance music actually worked. More than fifteen years later and it blows my mind people are still doing this shit. It's as close to objective fact as it gets - if you use particular synth noises or samples or whatever in such-and-such a way, it will always sound lame, dated, weak, ineffectual, clumsy, etc., etc. Yet the goth kids still wheel out the same antiquated crap over and over again, like the weirdo in the corner at the school disco flailing his arms around and yelling WHOOOOO at the top of his lungs - sure, he's having fun, but there's a reason everyone else is giving him funny looks.

Network Hub
    Well now I'm intrigued.

Network Hub
    Getting some nice Instra:mental (for reference) vibes of this. Plus it wins 'Best Car Indicator Sound 2014'.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Eight Rooks View Post
    God Almighty the Architect remix EPs for Mine are just dreadful.
    Wot, worse than usual? I don't remember a single good remix by Haujobb and his billion side-projects( ok, there was one, Seabound - Watching over you). Always this pointless "My production is better than yours" with no focus or aim or rythm or melody just "Yeah! My snares are sharpes in the biz!". And I usually like Haujobb but those remixes...

Speaking of remixes I bought this remix compilation by Deadliner few days ago.

And fix8:sed8 released some relatively new semi-finished instrumental stuff. I think I'm waiting for new album longer than I waited for Stalker. Maybe a bit less.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Wot, worse than usual? I don't remember a single good remix by Haujobb and his billion side-projects( ok, there was one, Seabound - Watching over you). Always this pointless "My production is better than yours" with no focus or aim or rythm or melody just "Yeah! My snares are sharpes in the biz!". And I usually like Haujobb but those remixes...
    I really liked both the upload select remix albums (well, most of them), so I was hoping for something along those lines, but these EPs are just horrible. Listening to that Haujobb remix of Seabound and I don't like this stuff anywhere near as much as you seem to, but at least this particular track is basically... solid dancefloor industrial. It still sounds way too much like something I'd have been dancing to fifteen years ago (and pretty much any of Covenant's big tracks are way better :P ) but it's decent. It knows what it wants to be, the sounds all work together, the vocals are technically competent, the melody hooks me, the lyrics seem okay, the singer sells the song... it's not some bloody awful attempt to emulate a genre which the artist doesn't remotely seem to understand.

For some reason I woke up this morning with this tune in my head. Not a bad way to kick off a Monday.

Before someone asks, it's from the elusive Portal demo. Man, I love this stuff. Cynic is probably my favourite band, ever.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    Can't really stomach Cynic, but I have a lot of respect for them.

Twin Peaks is THE stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar

Obscure Node

I could have sworn this was from the 90s, but it turns out the album was released in 2002.

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Prolar Bear's Avatar
    I saw Mogwai live the other day for the second time.

Wow. Just wow. They were fantastic, and ridiculously loud - for some reason my ears aren't even buzzing.

Usually, I'm not too much of a hiphop fan, but I bought a double cd of Snoop Dogg the other day, and I'm quite liking it. It seems I can only stomach certain rappers, and Snoop is one of them.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Poignant.

Inner Terrestrials - Movin' On

"Men shall never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest." - Diderot

Incredible classic : )

post in progress

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Holy crap BSK/Bokusatsu Shoujo Koubou's on Bandcamp now? (Sound of grown man squealing.) One of the few chiptune artists I've got any time for (you can keep your Anamanaguchi, thanks).

(This is an old track of his but it's included on the "new" EP.)

Last edited by Eight Rooks; 03-08-2014 at 12:04 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    JA2 goes well with monotone music. I even remember what I had playing in the background first time I played 1.13( or was it Wildfire?). It was Tiamat, that drug-fueled monotone album. Wildhoney, I think.

But this time I had mostly Ministry. And it was really weird to listen to because I remembered a lot of stuff, how I bought mp3 full discography CD of Ministry ten years ago after playing VtMB. Started from the earliest album. I expected something else. Like guitars meabe? And that CD didn't even have Work For Love so my sanity was spared. I must say I kind of liked Twitch as an album( We Believe, Isle of Man) and it influenced my tastes.

Last edited by coldvvvave; 03-08-2014 at 07:35 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.