Page 16 of 82 FirstFirst ... 614151617182666 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    This game has an absolutely incredible soundtrack. I've been listening to it all day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalSignalX View Post
    Lana Del Rey, "Video Games"

Not the greatest live performance for sure. However I saw her on some German TV show (in a bar) and she sounded great. I think she's someone who works better with smaller crowds vs the big occasion.

Been listening to the album and albeit it's more poppy than I expected, it's a well polished slice of downtempo pop vs the more upbeat style of Lady Gaga.

Not actually a music video, but I think the editing works well with the song: -

Anyway I've been listening to Symmetry: Themes for an imaginary film: -

There's a lot of talk about this being the original soundtrack to 'Drive' before it got pulled at the last minute and Cliff Martinez was drafted in (Symmetry were working on it apparently). Whether it is or not is kind of secondary to the album being a fantastic 2 hour 36 track slab of minimalist electronica.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 03-02-2012 at 09:52 PM.
    Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    I left my headphones at home today. :(
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Just found out that the entire 'Themes for an imaginary film' is up on soundcloud: -

http://soundcloud.com/johnnyjewel/sy...-themes-for-an

Enjoy.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Activated Node
    Just copped the latest albums by Lantos and Alcest, and with the new Les Discrets LP only days away it's a good time for fans of black metally/post-rocky/shoegazey goodness, for sure.

Network Hub
    http://www.dummymag.com/news/2012/02...-free-mixtape/

Trying to remember where I'd heard the sample at the start of the MYD track was wrecking my brain, until someone mentioned Black to Comm. You know that feeling when you finally remember? Ahhh.

Lately been listening to a lot of German music instead of the typical Polish/Ukrainian/French lineup.

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    http://www.dummymag.com/news/2012/02...-free-mixtape/

Trying to remember where I'd heard the sample at the start of the MYD track was wrecking my brain, until someone mentioned Black to Comm. You know that feeling when you finally remember? Ahhh.
    I've been listening to this for a couple days now. I wonder if he's gonna blow the fuck up or just fade into obscurity... I don't think there's any real middle ground.

Network Hub
    Not sure really sabrage. Depends on if you take going big as doing a Burial and crossing into the mainstream, or just big for the this kind of music.

Personally I think Tri Angle seem to deal exclusively in the middle ground. They have a lot of well respected artists but don't really chase anything that will give them a commercial hit. I don't know though, I might be way off on that.

Evian Christ seems very much like a work in progress. I'm glad the anonymity thing was ditched. That's getting a bit tired.

Also, this:
    http://www.factmag.com/2012/02/04/el...d-vinyls-pt-1/

As a slice of history that's pretty fantastic. Ghost even have a new release this month!

Not sure really sabrage. Depends on if you take going big as doing a Burial and crossing into the mainstream, or just big for the this kind of music.

Personally I think Tri Angle seem to deal exclusively in the middle ground. They have a lot of well respected artists but don't really chase anything that will give them a commercial hit. I don't know though, I might be way off on that.

Evian Christ seems very much like a work in progress. I'm glad the anonymity thing was ditched. That's getting a bit tired.
    Well, Burial pretty much cashed in and checked out, so I'd hate to see this go down that road. 5 years without a single release as the genre you proliferated mutates and crumbles is a bit ridiculous.

I definitely agree with Evian's output, but there's a couple genius tracks like Thrown Like Jacks that make me really excited for whatever he's going to push out next.

Network Hub
    Bit harsh on Burial, he's released a few things. Although I've got a worrying feeling that while he takes his sweet time to get an album together, everyone will have moved on without him.

Anyway, I'm going to be interested to see how Evian Christ's first album turns out. I can't imagine he'll end up with anything like mainstream success. I don't make a habit of listening to Radio 1, but the only thing outside of brostep I've heard on the daytime shows is SBTRKT. Can you imagine sample heavy juke getting a spot on their playlist? Not sure.

Anyway, I'm going to be interested to see how Evian Christ's first album turns out. I can't imagine he'll end up with anything like mainstream success. I don't make a habit of listening to Radio 1, but the only thing outside of brostep I've heard on the daytime shows is SBTRKT. Can you imagine sample heavy juke getting a spot on their playlist? Not sure.
    By "blow up" I didn't mean making it to mainstream radio. Big like Flying Lotus; he's one of the hottest and most sought-after producers by those in the know, but the average person on the street doesn't even know who he is. (though obviously Evian hasn't shown nearly the ambition or talent of FlyLo)
    Last edited by sabrage; 05-02-2012 at 02:38 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Just found out an album from Sigue Ros and its got absolutly beutiful; music, though this album seems to be the only album I like from them, the others seem a bit to depressing for me. I do like Jonsi's solo album though and i'm interested in the new album Sigur might have this year. I actually kind of want them to go down more of a popular route like Jonsi did.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    @ Xercies

Sigur Ros aren't always brilliant unfortunately. Ba Ba Ti Ki Di Do, for example was an interesting concept but absolutely turgid. If you're worried about them souding depressing then I'l perhaps stay clear of () even though in my mind it's a superb album. On the other hand definitely, definitely get Agaetis Byrjun, it gorgeous and very uplifting.

As for me I'm currently indulging in:

Django Django. They are basically heirs to the Beta Band (but doing their own different thing, they've less of a tendancy for meandering and the rhythm section is a bit more propulsive) and if that interests you in the slightest then get their album!

Beth Jeans Houghton and The Hooves of Destiny - "Yours Truly Cellophane Nose" Excellent band name, terrible album title. Nevertheless i'll let the music do the talking. Wildly inventive music. I guess it's largely folk but there's so many tempo changes and string arrangements exploding from nowhere and spoken word bits and so on throughout the album that I feel I'm not classifying it right!

Sharon Van Etten - Tramp. She's got a gorgeous voice so she does.

Glass Candy - Digital Versicolor

By the Symmetry guy from a few years ago.

Probable Replicant

I've been listening to Steve Von Till's "If I Should Fall to the Field" with Rain-extra enabled on Clementine. It's quite magnificent experience. Try putting rainymood on the background while listening to this.

Network Hub
    Loving Symmetry and Glass Candy, Kad. Thanks.

Just bought an album by this guy, might like it. It's the only track I could find online.

http://soundcloud.com/gabo-gulbenkia...n-muenchhausen

Network Hub
    It's this:

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I've recently relapsed into Rock, having been way out on the more electronic side of stuff for ages.