Page 55 of 80 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 1597
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Wanting more Era Vulgaris than Songs for the Deaf?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Wanting more Era Vulgaris than Songs for the Deaf?
    Not sure what you're talking about... Era Vulgaris doesn't have a "Six Shooter" or "Mosquito Song."

And the new songs are at least as good as "River In the Road" and "Run, Pig, Run," which were the only keepers on Era Vulgaris.
    Last edited by sabrage; 06-05-2013 at 08:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I wouldn't really call Six Shooter or Mosquito Song experimental. They certainly fit in with stuff they'd done previously, whilst I thought Era Vulgaris seemed to deviate a little more from what they'd done previously. The new songs for me really harken back to Rated R/Songs for the Deaf for me, which is exactly what I want.

Also, only those two?? I'm not a big fan of Suture Up Your Future, but the rest of the tracks range from good to great.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Either way, we're not exactly talking about Swans here. Like Gerbick, I'd rather Homme just went back to Kyuss.

This is a bit cheating, posting a videogame song here but screw it. Whenever I terraform the maps in Simcity 4, this beautiful piece of soundtrack shows up and I always wonder why people would prefer the 3000 soundtrack more
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Sun by Cat Power

DOOM's soundtrack is at its best when it's quiet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Chance the Rapper

I don't usually listen to this kind of thing, but this by The Glitch Mob is quite pleasant.

I've only listened to it a couple of times but the Public Service Broadcasting album Inform - Educate - Entertain has put a big smile on my face.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Was pleasantly surprised to find this decent live recording of Yura Yura Teikoku! This particular song is perhaps best known as the soundtrack of the divisive from a critic's point of view - but certainly highly entertaining - Sion Sono film 愛のむきだし (Love Exposure).

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Chris Hadfield performing Space Oddity by David Bowie, on the International Space Station. He is returning to Earth today.

Obscure Node
    Protomen - The Stand at the moment. Some seconds ago Beatles - Come Together

Streaming the new Daft Punk album.

Initial impressions are disappointment (though I think I was prepared for that after some of the initial reviews).

There's nothing particularly bad about it, pleasant enough, but not really what I'm after from a Daft Punk album. Comparing the first 5 tracks of this, meandering along like pleasant electronic lift music, to the kick in the arse of the first five tracks of Discovery can only lead to disappointment. It's unexpected to say the least that the best thing on it so far has been the Julian Casablancas collaboration.

Hopefully picks up in the second half and I'll need to give it another couple of listens to properly judge it, I don't know if I'm unconsciously being unfair because of the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post

Initial impressions are disappointment (though I think I was prepared for that after some of the initial reviews).
    I'm not a Daft Punk fan, but "Contact" is great.

As is this.

Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I expected more 'oomph' after Discovery, Alive 2007 and the Tron Legacy soundtrack. Guess I will pass.
    - If the sound of Samuel Barber's "Adagio For Strings" makes you think of Kharak burning instead of the Vietnamese jungle, most of your youth happened during the 90s. -

Obscure Node
    Waterflame - Glorious Morning .. The soundtrack to the Age of War flashgame I had some fun with years ago, gave me a nostalgic feeling, though the song is awesome in its own right.

Quote Originally Posted by c-Row View Post
    I expected more 'oomph' after Discovery, Alive 2007 and the Tron Legacy soundtrack. Guess I will pass.
    Yeah, it's nice enough in the background but start paying attention to it and it all gets a bit tedious. Sabrage is right though, Contact is ace.

Not new!

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Thanks for reminding me why Spiritualized are on my mental "must get around to investigating further" list.

In more "new" news the National's latest Trouble Will Find Me is now streaming on iTunes (seems to be a thing now, Daft Punk and Vampire Weekend both did it). After the disappointment of Daft Punk it's a pleasure to hear the National delivering what they are good at. As the archetypal makers of albums that "grow" I'm not going to judge for certain where it sits with their other albums (gut instinct is on par with High Violet and Sad Songs for Dirty Lovers but slightly below Alligator and Boxer), but funnily enough I'm liking it straight away, perhaps because the band has grown on me so much their songs no longer need time to bed in.