Page 64 of 80 FirstFirst ... 1454626364656674 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,280 of 1589
    "Oh, evolution. It wasn't meant for everyone."

I cannot stop listening to this in the most literal sense. It's 4:24 AM here and I've been listening to this on repeat for the past two hours. Right in the nostalgia. I love this man.
    Last edited by Battlehenkie; 25-08-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlehenkie View Post
    <snip>

I cannot stop listening to this in the most literal sense. It's 4:24 AM here and I've been listening to this on repeat for the past two hours. Right in the nostalgia. I love this man.
    Truly amazing. And here's the Advantage version:

steam

Network Hub
    Ear worm.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus

His DKC one is haunting.
    "What were we talking about? Pegasuses, pegasii, that's horses with wings. This motherf*cker got a sword that talks to him. Motherf*cker live in places that don't exist, it comes with a map. My God."

Kingdom of Knights - Community Manager
    STEAM: Reiken

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Berzee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by db1331 View Post
    His DKC one is haunting.
    Whoa, that's a crazy thing. One of the better multi-screen solo-group singer-men I've heard/seen, with a funny cat to boot.

I'm currently on an accidental Clint Black Youtube spree. (man, check out that bloom; it's like Oblivion IRL)

Last edited by Berzee; 30-08-2013 at 01:17 AM.
    Support for my all-pepperjack-cheese food bank charity drive has been lukewarm at best.

Ridiculous amounts of Misteur Valaire as of late. But why the hell not, it being so catchy and all?

Also, Modern Life is War made a comeback and new album. And it's brilliant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I've also been listening to the new Franz Ferdinand album. Like Bloc Party last year they've used their fourth album to get back to what was so vital about their debut album at the time. Great not only for the nostalgia of late high school/early uni but also fantastic tunes. Worth listening to for anyone who enjoyed the debut
    We seem to have eerily similar tastes. Are you actually me? What am I...I mean, what are you wearing right now? Eh? Eh? I might give that a listen at some point. I enjoyed the first, but the second fell a bit flat. I didn't even know they had a third, just that they still existed out there somewhere, a bit like The Divine Comedy, except without a load of good hits before fading away.

I had Ill Manors stuck in my head for no reason a few days ago. Obviously the message comes off as a little bit on the nose, but I do still think it works and the way the lyrics are song/rapped certainly have conviction.

I liked a couple of songs off The Defamation of Strickland Banks (it might have a longer title?) but never listened to the whole thing. A friend of mine actually told me it was a concept album, following Banks from his normal life to being committed of rape ('She Said') through to jail life. I might actually give it a thorough listening to at some point. As it goes, I was at a wedding last week and 'She Said' came up. I...couldn't help but point out it wasn't terribly appropriate. Actually, using the to-and-fro motorway journeys, I made an effort to listen through some albums in full. So, I don't really like the slow, acoustic rock songs that tend to creep onto rock albums, but obviously they work in context. Also, some of the songs on Metric's latest album, Synthetica, are a bit weird but again work perfectly fine in the context. Listened through Halestorm which I discovered earlier in the year, QOTSA's Rated R which is fantastic and KT Tunstall's latest offering Invisible Empire/Crescent Moon and I still can't fully make up my mind on it. It's pleasant and there are some great songs, but it just feels lacking a bit for some reason.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Also, Modern Life is War made a comeback and new album. And it's brilliant.
    MLIW is best.

earworm
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    @ JG Man

It's entirely possible that in my late phd mindframe I've created an internet alter ego. Or you have and I'm a figment of your imagination. In which case you should definitely be having words with your imagination! Or something. Err . . .

Anyway, I've been listening to The Fall on account of someone on a music forum pointing out you can buy their complete Peel Sessions for a couple of quid on Amazon. Which serves as a good introduction I think, but is probably too much music to have by one band all of a sudden, especially a band renowned for using using repetition within songs. There's definitely some fantastic lyrics amongst it but as somebody uninitiated in their work I'm finding it all a bit too much, so I'll probably dip in and out from time to time.

To be honest I'm largely aware that I'm going to be distracted by the new Janelle Monae album which is due out (or drops, or whatever the kids are calling it these days) in just over a week. She just really strikes me as by far the most interesting pop star around just now. Wide variety of musical styles, great voice, great dancing, barmy conceptual nonsense, manages to do "empowering" type lyrics with out seeming overly schmaltzy or ridiculously self absorbed (hello Lady Gaga). Really hope this album lives up to my expectations and if it's a good thing hope it's the mainstream breakthrough (the last album seemed to be teetering on the edge of mainstream appeal, but the marketing campaign for this one seems a lot heavier so it's got a chance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I think her Glastonbury appearance in 2011 helped a lot too. It was quite the show...