Page 7 of 80 FirstFirst ... 567891757 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Ooh Kadayi, that gives me an excuse to post one of my favourite remixes of all time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I'm really enjoying this Weird Al song:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    La Dispute - Somewhere at the Bottom of a River Between Vega and Altair

I've been listening to this album for a few years now, but there's something about it that every breakup and failed start I have gives it new dimension and meaning. It's weird to rediscover an album like this, where every word is laced with passion and emotion, and have every word skid across your brain like a record of your most recent failure. Call it catharsis. Call it letting go.

It's probably not for everyone, though. I wouldn't just recommend it to someone off-hand without knowing them. Most people probably get turned off immediately by the vocals, but it's helped me through some rough patches in life and I owe it for that.
    Last edited by sabrage; 17-08-2011 at 10:06 AM.

Obscure Node

I've been listening to this quite a lot recently. I used to listen to them when they(he?) still had several EPs on the website. Bought the double-CD and I'm quite pleased with it, the new songs are really nice also, and the whole compilation really shows how they progressed from "straight-to-it" fast folk to much more melancholic songs. And it's always good to have LikbÝr on more CDs, one of the best cover songs on Valfar, ein Windir. Ah, but now I kinda walked away from the topic at hand, sorry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Some much needed Boards of Canada. A new album sometime soon wouldn't go amiss tbh.

Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

He who controls the Doge controls the universe

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I am listening to the new album from The War on Drugs.

Here is some of the noises that they make.

<iframe src="http://player.vimeo.com/video/26117149?title=0&amp;byline=0&amp;portrait=0" width="400" height="225" frameborder="0"></iframe><p><a href="http://vimeo.com/26117149">The War on Drugs "Baby Missiles"</a> from <a href="http://vimeo.com/user2801297">Secretly Jag</a> on <a href="http://vimeo.com">Vimeo</a>.</p>
    Last edited by President Weasel; 20-08-2011 at 10:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Some much needed Boards of Canada. A new album sometime soon wouldn't go amiss tbh.
    Damn, I wasn't expecting much but Boards of Canada sounds pretty ace. *makes a mental note to listen more BoC*

Due to recent mentions of Ulver in RPS-discussion, I had to go and revisit Lyckantropen Themes. Still as good as it was when it was released, definetly one of their best releases (in my personal top 3: Nattens Madrigal, Perdition City, Lyckantropen Themes).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Damn, I wasn't expecting much but Boards of Canada sounds pretty ace. *makes a mental note to listen more BoC*
    BoC stuff is awesome (I don't think they've produced a bad tune ever tbh). Really good music to work to I find. If you liked that, you might also like Susumu Yokata: -

A fairly prolific Japanese artist. His stuff tends to vary across his albums, but Sukura, Grinning Cat, The boy in the tree & Symbol are all very enjoyable albums, each with a distinct vibe. His first album Acid Mt Fuji is no longer available (short of ebay) but you can find an MP3 copy here: -

http://acrocosm.blogspot.com/2008/08...d-mt-fuji.html

It's very minimal ambient techno, but still holds up pretty well tbh.

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Network Hub
    Haha, wow. Out of all his stuff you pick Kodomotachi, my favourite track from my favourite Yokota album.

He's the kind of artist I love because there is so much to dig into. Not all of it is easy to find but that almost makes it more enjoyable when you finally listen to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    Man walks around council estate late at night.

Accompanied by a cup of tea, dressing gown, some monsters, sonar pings, some beats, and downbeat lyrics.

Album is here (spotify)

(Rapidly forcing its way onto my top 10 albums of the year list)

Quote Originally Posted by DiamondDog View Post
    Haha, wow. Out of all his stuff you pick Kodomotachi, my favourite track from my favourite Yokota album.

He's the kind of artist I love because there is so much to dig into. Not all of it is easy to find but that almost makes it more enjoyable when you finally listen to it.
    I can't say I'm a huge fan of some of the more singer driven albums such as Wonder Waltz, but on the whole his approach is always distinct. It's a very different mindset to the sort of electronica & ambient we tend to get from western artists in terms of soundscape. I often feel it's like he delivers waves where as other artists deliver layers.

Probable Replicant

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    Listening to rain sounds and ocean noise since it's the only darn thing that will put my daughter to sleep

Network Hub
    Red House Painters - Shadows (Ocean Beach)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    The new John knox Sex Club album, Raise Ravens

The drummer for this lot was in the year below me at school. They're a broadly Scottish accented post rock/folk outfit and very damn good at it, it's a marked improvement from their first album (which was already a good listen). They're excellent at making longish tracks that start slowly and gradually swell up with drums and violins into something wonderful beofre ebbing back down into quiet and beautiful multi layered vocals. So if that sounds like your sort of thing check it out, you can listen to the whole album at that link. From my first couple of listens i'd rate it highly.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    A fairly prolific Japanese artist.
    Good grief -- "fairly prolific" isn't the half of it. I got into him around 1998/1999 and was just inundated with records for the next few years. :)

I have been mostly listening to Bjork, and I had forgotten how lovely Joga is:
    <iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/CQOcXAShp2Q" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have also been listening to noisy things, like Parts & Labor. This is such a good peppy wake up and get your shit together song:
    <iframe width="420" height="345" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/rEU1RPdtMzE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Network Hub
    Finally got myself Holy Other's EP and love every minute, made me realise how faultless Tri Angle Records have been. If you haven't already heard of this label they have an amazing set of artists. Balam Acab's debut LP came out on the 30th I think, my copy has yet to arrive but by all accounts it's fantastic.

If it's your kind of thing you could do worse than buy anything they put out.

Obscure Node
    I listen to complete albums online in various genres on the site http://mcboom.ru

a27fb8.jpg

At the moment this.