Page 77 of 87 FirstFirst ... 27677576777879 ... LastLast
Results 1,521 to 1,540 of 1727
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I recieved the new compilation album of Mc1r today. Too bad I don't even have a CD-ROM, I'll have to go to work and rip it there.

http://nickjonath.bandcamp.com/album...ry-dcd-preview
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Bought a compilation of blues, lots to discover on their but I particularly enjoyed (and am definitely going to investigate further) Joe Louis Walker. Immense guitar player, the solo in the second half of this song is superb.

At the same time I also decided to finally get around to buying more jazz. Since I got some Miles Davis the last time I did this I though it was only fair that this time it was John Coltrane's turn. Quite enjoying a chilled bank holiday morning listening to some saxophone, currently this is playing:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HNnM2iRwHLE

Network Hub
    Also spent today just listening to lots of music I've had my eye on. Been nice! Gave a few Record Store Day purchases another listen. Death Waltz never fail to surprise. Bronx Warriors soundtrack is pretty awesome.

And then this track stuck with me from Keysound's Rinse FM show last night.

Network Hub
    So, one of the loverly chappies behind the Hotline Miami soundtrack has an EP out. Give it a listen https://soundcloud.com/scattle/sets/visitors-ep
    Origin guvornator69
    Steam guvornator
    Planetside 2 DavidGan1x - Come admire my terrible KDR

I have an 80s playlist for FPS/horror games and it's always awesome when this one comes on:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Really glad that Erased Tapes are the type of label to go, oh so you bought some vinyl from us did you, here have this sampler of our artists. It has meant that beyond their artists I was aware of (Olafur Arnalds, Nils Frahm) I've discovered a whole bunch more I'm going to listen to, chief among them Rival Consoles (which is as indebted to 8-bit as the artist name suggests, but a heck of a lot more danceable!)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    Really glad that Erased Tapes are the type of label to go, oh so you bought some vinyl from us did you, here have this sampler of our artists. It has meant that beyond their artists I was aware of (Olafur Arnalds, Nils Frahm) I've discovered a whole bunch more I'm going to listen to, chief among them Rival Consoles (which is as indebted to 8-bit as the artist name suggests, but a heck of a lot more danceable!)
    Rival Consoles is awesome. His Soul EP from last year is rather more downtempo, though, which is a bit of a shame on the one hand... but on the other there's a terrific collaboration with Peter Broderick on there for the title track.

Steam | Tumblr (stories, writing-related) | Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Eight Rooks's Avatar
    Double post for extra video: Rival Consoles also did this - I know very little about Codes in the Clouds (off the top of my head I seem to remember they're on Erased Tapes too?), but remix or not this is seriously awesome stuff in my book.

Steam | Tumblr (stories, writing-related) | Twitter

Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Network Hub
    Fatima's debut album is out! Feels like I've been waiting an age for this to drop. It's called Yellow Memories and it's joyous stuff.

Also that cover art, god damn.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Seems like Swans quietly slipped a double album out without my noticing. I can not but approve.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I was just about to buy El Camino (by the Black Keys) for 99p on google play music when I discovered the CD. I didn't know I had it. Yay. (their new one seems to be getting mixed reviews though).

Nice to have them back.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fanbuoy's Avatar
    I listened through Transistor's OST today. It's good, but it's very similar in style to Bastion's. Sure, that's to be expected, both being the work of Darren Korb (with vocals seemingly from the same, very talented, woman), but I expected there to be a more distinct sound for each game. Were it not for the fact that I've listened through Bastion's OST a number of times, I'm not sure if I'd be able to tell which tracks belonged to which game.

Admittedly, I've only listened through it once, so I might change my mind, but I was a little bit let down. Not by the quality, mind you, but by the lack of originality/distinct character. However, I've yet to play the game, and my appreciation of the OST will most likely increase once I do, if they manage to connect the music to the game like they did with Bastion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    In case anyone is interested, Classic FM (UK) is doing 2 hours of on-request video game music. They've just done two hours of mostly JRPG music too. They replaced a "Saturday night at the movies" a couple of months back and was met with success, so they're clearly doing the same thing again. Hilariously, the indent used for the second programme was a modified Halo theme. It's all been very good so far!

EDIT: If you missed it and want to listen to it, sessions are usually archived for a couple of weeks or so.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 24-05-2014 at 05:18 PM.