Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Wolfenswan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep View Post
    Wow, that game! I'd totally forgotten about it.

That blew me away. If you haven't played it - remember that first time you played GTA3, how impossibly exciting and mind-blowing it was, having this 3d playground of a city yours to mess around in? That was Urban Chaos, two years before GTA3 but for some reason a total sales flop.

Plus you could rappel along phone wires to get to different rooftops, brilliant.
    Yes. YES. Great game but I think I never really finished it.

I'll add Battle Realms to the ever increasing list.

Last edited by Wolfenswan; 24-10-2011 at 11:44 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Interstate '76, it deserves both a reboot/remake with better visuals and a new sequel.

Sadly, it's sequel wasn't as good. And running even a gog version of i'76 on win7 x64 is a big problem for me.

Quote Originally Posted by BillButNotBen View Post
    Project: Snowblind!! wow... i just realised that it is Syndicate the FPS.
    It was a Deus Ex Spinoff IIRC. Right until DE IW flopped so publishers decided not to go there.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I'd say Freedom Fighters qualifies.

Urban Assault. Game came with a MS Sidewinder joystick as an added freebie. It's combo RTS and umm... vehicular arcade FPS? Anyway, it's incredibly fun if difficult in the later missions, and I'm sure it's a bitch to get running in Windows 7. But it's a unique gem.

All the kids need to know what Blade Of Darkness is about. Maybe Die By the Sword but controlling your character is a bit of a hard time so you could probably just skip it and find another game. Worth considering though.

Quote Originally Posted by SephKing View Post
    The first article focuses on ONI (see below trailer I put together to go with the article)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CrofD...el_video_title
    Awesome trailer! :D

I loved Oni and Urban Chaos. Played through both several times. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMiD View Post
    Urban Assault. Game came with a MS Sidewinder joystick as an added freebie. It's combo RTS and umm... vehicular arcade FPS? Anyway, it's incredibly fun if difficult in the later missions, and I'm sure it's a bitch to get running in Windows 7. But it's a unique gem.
    Oh man, I'd forgotten that game! Haven't played that one in ages, but it was kind of Battlezone-y. Sort of.

Also, I'd never heard of Sub Culture! Reminds me of some other game that was set on Titan... it was Elite-style and you'd fly different ships called Moths or something. Can't remember what it was now.

I picked up the Delta Force: BHD games in a recent steam sale. I enjoyed them quite a bit. Enough to buy the older ones, which I also find pretty good. A more modern look and maybe a better control scheme would be pretty cool I think. And perhaps even refreshing!

Quote Originally Posted by soldant View Post
    Reminds me of some other game that was set on Titan... it was Elite-style and you'd fly different ships called Moths or something. Can't remember what it was now.
    Hardwar

Sub Culture was amazing, by the way. :)

Network Hub
    To the OP: Your Oni trailer is great. Please continue your project.

Also, I forgot to mention Tribes: Vengeance earlier. Short, sweet and jetpack propelled campaign.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus soldant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Megagun View Post
    Exactly! Many thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Battle Engine Aquila

Played this well on original Xbox. May not be that excited, but very funny and interesting , and maybe relaxing kinda flying mech experience. Many years ago. I dont exactly recall if it was out in 2003 or 04, but doesn't matter. It's out for all PS2, Xbox and PC.

But by second choice I mean just give it a try. Would not be that rewarding experience to get deep into this game. Casual gaming only.

Quote Originally Posted by karthink View Post
    Murder-Death-Kill 2,
    I know you said that as a joke, but am I the only geek who knows that MDK stood for Mission: Deliver Kindness?

I'd really like to see another game set in the Arcanum universe. That would make me a hugely happy man.
    “Technology is a bad thing, people”
    - Wizardry

Network Hub
    SubCulture! No way. I remember playing the demo for that

Baldurs Gate 1 +2 with a bunch of mods installed - just about to embark on a new game as a swashbuckler, looking forward to running through the whole game again. Was wondering whether to be an evil mage but as much as I love the game, I'm not sure how much sense it makes to be an evil character given my favourite party members... But it'll be over the course of the next year or so, given that Skyrim is out at the end of the week :)

Privateer The Darkening - My first encounter with Clive Owen in the game's astonishingly over the top FMV storyline, but it's a really really good game. Smuggling, a cool system for space travel where you can pay for speed or risk the pirates, factions (a little broken), everything you could want really. The best Elite-style game I've ever played.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugular View Post
    I know you said that as a joke, but am I the only geek who knows that MDK stood for Mission: Deliver Kindness?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MDK_(vi...Meaning_of_MDK

Network Hub
    Vampire:the Masquerade-Bloodlines.

You have just destroyed 15 years of me feeling special.

Network Hub
    Realms of the Haunting deserved a sequel...or at least a remake. I think a remake with a modern day engine could be amazing. You wouldn't even have to change that much of the game's dynamics to make it work. Of course, its blending of genres would now be shot down in a marketing boardroom as being "too confusing for joe xbox".