Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Newbie heroes should know when they'tr outclassed, and chill out in the tavern and react to sieges. I *think* they react to guards being attacked, as they react to other heroes nearby being attacked.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistabashi View Post
    That was quick :)

Hero levelling sounds good, although I do predict one issue - if you lose a lot of heroes after you've cleared-out the easy levels there won't be any easy monsters for new heroes to fight, meaning you'll effectively be stuck with low-level heroes who can't do anything useful. Not sure what you'd do about that though, perhaps if you add more recurring low-level spawns to the upper levels & surface that they can 'grind' to level-up. Sieges could do with being changed anyway, I think the way soldiers are being put in more of a guarding role doesn't really suit having mass sieges to defend against all the time, i'd rather have more constant, smaller threats that made it worthwhile having soldiers on patrol. Mass sieges will always be most effectively dealt with by just throwing all your townies at them at once.
    Actually, heroes can come at all kind of levels, depending on the highest level hero you have/had. if your average level of the heroes gets high, you will get a good chance at having high level heroes.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by burningpet View Post
    Actually, heroes can come at all kind of levels, depending on the highest level hero you have/had. if your average level of the heroes gets high, you will get a good chance at having high level heroes.
    Ah, that makes sense.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by kinemmenik View Post
    Fast Monsters should be every now and then
    Aye, just yesterday i was thinking that same thought exactly.

When we get heroes partying up, we will temper with some of their movement speed, because right now, fast walking strong monster will mow down the Mage and Elf (ranged attack gets a 50% penalty when fighting melee).

In a party of heroes, the barbarian could direct the mobs attention from them to himeself.

So pulling and rage tactics start emerging? oooh.
    - Tom De Roeck.

monochrom & verse publications

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    We have just released version 0.47

This update brings Traps which can trigger special effects such as slow, stun, damage over time effects and confusing enemies.
    New high tier weapons and armours based on silver and gold and another specially dropped loot only flaming sword which is dropped from the burningpets.

We have tweaked some graphics, added a different texture for each zone and improved the heroes exploration routines

We have implemented the basis for diseases, right now townies who eat raw food will suffer from food poison. and there is also the lycanthropy which can be transferred to heroes/townies from the werewolves.

i hope you'll enjoy this new patch and as always post feedback about it.

Did you give townies fear yet? because Im tired of them hacking at monsters till they die, unlike heroes that just run away when theyre overwhelmed.
    - Tom De Roeck.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Network Hub
    No, the fear mechanic is not in yet..

Quote Originally Posted by burningpet View Post
    No, the fear mechanic is not in yet..
    k. anxiously awaiting that feature :D
    - Tom De Roeck.

patch .47a out, to fix a couple bugs.

Version 0.47a

Change: Crippling shot chance increased
    Fix: A new ATI crash
    Fix: Thief poison attack
    Fix: Ranged attacks that adds effects to livings (IE. Elf crippling shot)
    Fix: Prerequisites to build silver/gold armors

Anything I missed? I was really enjoying the builds upto 46, havent tried the new one yet.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Well, the exprience is more or less the same as 0.46. we added traps which help against sieges and chasing monsters and we also added effects, for example, werewolves can infect heroes/townies with lycantropy.

The next patch is going to be massive. i dont wanna jinx it as it really isnt close to being ready yet, but, really, its going to be massive.

One of these days I'm going to play this again. Think the version numbers started with .3 when I last played.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

ooooh.. v.50 sounds like a big step, and like a lot of fun!

http://www.townsgame.com/forums/view...php?f=8&t=3498
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by QuantaCat View Post
    ooooh.. v.50 sounds like a big step, and like a lot of fun!

http://www.townsgame.com/forums/view...php?f=8&t=3498
    Hells yes! I'd been secretly hankering for proper 3D terrain, and I'm loving the idea of water being used as part of your defenses.

Also, flying sharks apparently!

Network Hub
    Well guys, we are please to announce Towns 0.50 has been finally released!

you can check out the news post here:
    http://www.townsgame.com/index.php?o...egory&Itemid=1

And here's a mini guide on how to build multi level buildings in the new version here:
    http://www.townsgame.com/forums/view...hp?f=15&t=3848

This was a major change on our part and due to unfortunate personal situation we had to take our time with it.

However, the new version which we hope to release not too long from now will have all the bits we promised in 0.50 and didn't yet deliver. (flying sharks not in yet :(

Thanks and Gambate!

(As far as I'm considered, I already got my money's worth.)
    - Tom De Roeck.

This has been on my list to play for a while now and I finally had some free time tonight - and I absolutely love it. Great job with the game, and I can't wait to see future versions.

Yeah, I just heard there will be a bit of a slog, due to a team member essentially having to stop work, but like I said, I already got my moneys worth on this game, so it can take forever.
    - Tom De Roeck.

Network Hub
    Well, we are at almost full speed again, getting ready to release the next patch which will provide a UI overhaul and the trading system as well as few more goodies. we just had a bit of a slowdown due to an illness in xavi family.