Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
    Obscure Node

Battlefield 3 - Rock Platoon Shotgun

I've taken the liberty of setting up a BF3 platoon.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5240991405978/

Chances are this will be one of a few, since there's a 100 member maximum on platoons.

Also, remember the steam chat group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/rps , which will likely act as the best place to keep in communication, especially between separate RPS platoons. I'm stalinsghost, one of the moderators in the chat group, so feel free to get in touch if needed.

Voice communication, as ever, will be provided through the community mumble server:

server.herosquad.org
    Password? The password is always 'rumpus'

And there's more!

Sabrage has set up a second platoon, called Rock Paper Flechette. This will be the U.S. alpha Platoon, for now.

Might I suggest that those in the U.S. who joined Rock Platoon Shotgun switch to RPF, since it would probably be a massive help when it comes to organizing group shenanigans (which will undoubtedly begin in earnest soon).
    Last edited by Greg Wild; 29-10-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Network Hub
    Will join as soon as the game turns up. Also people should be joining this too - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSBF3

I was wondering why there wasn't one of these yesterday, and then I remembered it wasn't out in Europe yet (So I guess DICE can't play it in their Swedish homeland?). I'm a forum newbie but would love to join in on an RPS platoon.

It's worth noting that there's also a party voice function, so if you're playing a small game (8 or less) you can just load people up in the comm center and use that to talk.

Just so you know, I'm prepping a very-belated review of the multiplayer after my upcoming singleplayer review, so you'll all be my guinea pigs!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bodge View Post
    Will join as soon as the game turns up. Also people should be joining this too - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/RPSBF3
    Yo Bodge, the links to the platoons on the Steam page don't work for me. If they work for you... is this a region problem? (I'm in USA)

Network Hub
    nah it is because they are the old platoons from the beta. I don't have the game so can't log in to the comm centre, i will update it with the link in the OP

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    100 people to a platoon? Well bums. Wish I could get on Battlelog and get in, but considering I likely won't be playing till late next Friday...grrr...
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Bodge, I made an avatar if you want it:

Activated Node
    Joined up. Look forward to playing some BF3 with you all.

Whats the plan? All join the same server and make different mumble channels for each squad?

I guess? I remain absolutely flabbergasted that there's no in-game VOIP. On a normal public server, it's a team game where you can't communicate with your team (because nobody is looking at the text box in this day and age, and the preset radio commands are almost useless and difficult to select to boot). I wasn't expecting a revolution, but removing key features that were in its 6-year-old predecessor is not what I was looking for.

Obscure Node
    Yep, the VOIP provision is pretty crap all in all. Mumble it is, I think.

Also, would anyone mind taking up the role of admin in the group? I'm only going to be around intermittently over the weekend, so perhaps a few other people to let people into the group would be good :)

Obscure Node
    Joined - hope to see you all on the battlefield, provided it installs ok when I get home.

Network Hub
    I just realised i can use the old platoon logo.

Network Hub
    Game arrived \o/ application sent.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Arrived in the post today. Likely won't be able to play for a week, but made an application to join.

Also, for some reason I have access to the physical warfare pack for free, as if I pre-ordered on Origin? Errrm, okay!