Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Loving the game but the lack of a proper map is stoooopid.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Applied to the Platoon, as X-Sp0nge. Look forward to shooting the breeze (namely, not hitting the enemy) with you guys.

Obscure Node
    Crikey. Just admitted 24 new people to the Platoon. It's filling up fast. We're now on 66 members. :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Just wanted to show off the platoon insignia I made: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5391317780928/

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wild View Post
    Yep, the VOIP provision is pretty crap all in all. Mumble it is, I think.

Also, would anyone mind taking up the role of admin in the group? I'm only going to be around intermittently over the weekend, so perhaps a few other people to let people into the group would be good :)
    I'll do it - currently unemployed, I got the time!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    I am wondering the same thing. I joined the platoon but maybe there needs to be a second one for NA so there aren't timezone and ping problems.
    Yeah, we'll see about timezone - I'm GMT -8, so (once employed) I'll only be able to play with Euro folk if they do evening weekend games. I imagine that if it fills up enough to have multiple platoons, all non-Europeans can get thrown into one of them.
    Last edited by Aerothorn; 28-10-2011 at 05:38 PM.

Obscure Node
    So erm how do I actually get to play with you lot?

Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Just wanted to show off the platoon insignia I made: http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5391317780928/
    What happened to the Crabs?

And puls, I think they're just getting geared up now, presumably organized matches will be incoming (and a server?).

Quote Originally Posted by pulseezar View Post
    So erm how do I actually get to play with you lot?
    Yeh, should we make a spreadsheet with some session times like the DDO group?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus President Weasel's Avatar
    I am nearly finished downloading the client from my preorder, but it will be tomorrow at the earliest before I can get over my grumpiness at being forced to deal with Origin and actually sign up. Not even sure my PC will hack the game, it's the first game in about 4 years where I am closer to min spec than recommended.

Network Hub

Here is part of a typical session on mumble.

Network Hub
    Oh and i accepted a bunch of invites we are up to 85 members \o/ New platoon will have to be started soon

Quote Originally Posted by President Weasel View Post
    I am nearly finished downloading the client from my preorder, but it will be tomorrow at the earliest before I can get over my grumpiness at being forced to deal with Origin and actually sign up. Not even sure my PC will hack the game, it's the first game in about 4 years where I am closer to min spec than recommended.
    You should be fine - I'm below recommended specs by a bit and I can run it with everything on high totally fine. It's not nearly as demanding as the pretty visuals would suggest.

Yeah, a new platoon should be added in the OP, with "Non Europeans Go Here" instructions. Though I'll hate to have to leave the original :(

Activated Node
    Thanks for accepting me in, Bodge!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I joined, but has anyone gotten on that US Platoon? If not I'll endeavor to set it up; it just makes more sense with the 100 player limit and the time zone differences.

If you could get that up that would be great, sabrage; I'd do it but I just spent too much time setting up another platoon (which is to say, designing the logo, cause that's the only part that takes any time) and I've got a couple of articles that need to be written tomorrow. I'm happy to be an admin for the group, if you'd like.

I think the leaders of each platoon should be members in every platoon so that there's some continuity between them and we can coordinate events better, etc. Unless we're using Steam for that?
    Last edited by Aerothorn; 29-10-2011 at 07:19 AM.

Obscure Node
    Sounds good sabrage. I think it might work best if the current group remains as the EU/UK side of the operation, perhaps. If mostly because the leadership is from this part of the world.

Behold: Rock Paper Flechette

In my infinite creativity, our emblem is the traditional symbol of power (the Black Flag logo.) Subject to change when I've got the time and the inspiration to make it better! I think I can handle acting as admin, but if anyone has suggestions I'd appreciate the input.

Oh, and feel free to add me on Steam or Origin or whatever.
    Last edited by sabrage; 29-10-2011 at 10:25 AM.

Can I second the question about how we actually go about coordinating a game once we're in the group? I'm new to this real+virtual stuff.

RPS should rinse a server out of someone.

Obscure Node
    The Blag Flag logo is forever acceptable in my eyes. :D

I've updated the opening post with details.
    Last edited by Greg Wild; 29-10-2011 at 10:50 AM.

Well, as someone with only two IRL buddies who own this game (and only one that can run it!) I see these platoons as an easy way to get on, see "Hey this dude is online!" and party up to crash a random server when I lack the actual friends to play with. I've also got an interim Ventrilo server for anyone who parties up with me, but as I don't own it I'd hate to have it constantly overrun by people I'm not even playing with.