Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Activated Node
    By the way champs, if anyone is stuck with a username they don't want on Battlefield 3, there issss a way to change it; it's just well hidden.

https://help.ea.com/article/change-y...?showhome=true

I used it to change mine, and it worked a charm.

Obscure Node
    Well, Rock Platoon Shotgun is now full. We're going to have to set up some more platoons really.

Any of you guys want to team up and play some this evening?

I'll be poking around in the RPS BF3 steam group chat room.

EDIT:

Bodge I added you to my friends list, you seem to be a man in the know :p
    Last edited by duff; 29-10-2011 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by duff View Post
    Any of you guys want to team up and play some this evening?

I'll be poking around in the RPS BF3 steam group chat room.

EDIT:

Bodge I added you to my friends list, you seem to be a man in the know :p
    Stay in the main RPS group chatroom, the BF3 one is more of a sub-group.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Quote Originally Posted by Joseph-Sulphur View Post
    Stay in the main RPS group chatroom, the BF3 one is more of a sub-group.
    Right you are, thanks.

Obscure Node
    So far it has been discovered that it is incredibly difficult to play with friends

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Wild View Post
    Well, Rock Platoon Shotgun is now full. We're going to have to set up some more platoons really.
    Of course, a solid chunk of those people are American players - is there a mass PM system or any way to contact them and say "Hey Youse Guys, Go Join Flechette?"

For anyone having trouble with Battlelog and Avast and you can't be arsed to keep switching Avast off:

Go to Real Time Shields tab > Web Shield > Expert Settings > Exclusions > add battlefield.com

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerothorn View Post
    Of course, a solid chunk of those people are American players - is there a mass PM system or any way to contact them and say "Hey Youse Guys, Go Join Flechette?"
    As far as I can tell, there's no messaging system whatsoever with anyone who's not on your friends list.... I suppose the best we can do is make it clear in the descriptions the distinctions between the two Platoons and try to shepherd people in the right direction. It certainly doesn't help that most people don't list their location to help place them correctly.

Yeah the platoon thing is actually pretty functionless at this point, without the ability to message the whole platoon. Its just a shortlist from which you can add friends one by one, and only at that point can you do any useful communication. Not sure what purpose the platoon is supposed to service.

Obscure Node
    It's worth pointing out that I've had some really good games with RPSers, zooming around in Spurros' helo and dropping onto the cap being a highlight! hopefully a patch will make the platoon system a bit more functional.

Activated Node
    If anyone makes space can they let me know? I'd quite like to join... Then I can be SuperMedic again.

Obscure Node
    I've got 14 applications, and no slots :D

This platoon malarkey is rubbish.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by battles_atlas View Post
    Yeah the platoon thing is actually pretty functionless at this point, without the ability to message the whole platoon. Its just a shortlist from which you can add friends one by one, and only at that point can you do any useful communication. Not sure what purpose the platoon is supposed to service.
    I've been a bit confused of the purpose of it too. There isn't any chatroom and no way to message people (except for on the "wall.") You can't even join on people's games. The only difference I've noticed since joining the platoon is a message popping up when joining a server that says "Representing Rock, Platoon, Shotgun", but there is no indication I'm part of that platoon in the game.

All seems a little pointless for the moment. We might as well have a Steam group! You would at least actually be able to organise something through it.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    I've been a bit confused of the purpose of it too. There isn't any chatroom and no way to message people (except for on the "wall.") You can't even join on people's games. The only difference I've noticed since joining the platoon is a message popping up when joining a server that says "Representing Rock, Platoon, Shotgun", but there is no indication I'm part of that platoon in the game.

All seems a little pointless for the moment. We might as well have a Steam group! You would at least actually be able to organise something through it.
    We do have a steam group, I believe its called 'RPS BF3'. And I know it isn't much, but you can set your own clan tags, so you can be [RPS] Vandelay if you want.
    RPS Arma 2 community server!
    Join us for tacticlol manshootery, explosions and helicopter crashes.

Network Hub
    2nd Platoon is here
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5241028883850/

WIP at mo but join up now!

Yay. I applied, TimmyA here.

Network Hub
    Applied to the new one - Dolphan87.

Obscure Node
    Just applied to the US platoon. Hopefully Dice'll make platoons more useful soon. Although then we'd still have the problem of only having eight members. Wouldn't be Dice without their buggy releases though, now would it? :D

Network Hub
    accepted a bunch more into 2nd platoon