Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    The link in my signature might be useful for figuring out Mumble.
    Mumble :: Thread :: Click to Join

Quote Originally Posted by Nullkigan View Post
    The link in my signature might be useful for figuring out Mumble.
    Thanks! That is very helpful!

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I play on ultra because it looks gorgeous. Do you need another reason?

Then again, I've never understood the switching your game to wireframe mode, just to eek out an extra couple of frames. Always felt a bit like cheating, particular when you start disabling smoke and such.

The couple of times that I've played on the RPS server, I have wondered how many on there actually are from RPS. Considering that we have already filld up a couple of platoons, I would have thought it would be very easy for the server to only be RPS readers.

Joined Platoon 3 today or rather yesterday, (note to self sleep soon) as Anticitizen0ne, what are the chances of getting the server going tomorrow evening for some team based shenanigans?

Activated Node
    Does the UK server see more action than the US one?

Activated Node
    Part of yesterdays patch:

"Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode."

Any chance the RPS servers could get setup with this? Who are the admins?

One or two players to start would help a lot in getting the servers populated. Once they get some people in I think they would stay full. I know I would play on the US one anytime I wanted to play a non-hardcore round.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtVandelay View Post
    Part of yesterdays patch:

"Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode."

Any chance the RPS servers could get setup with this? Who are the admins?

One or two players to start would help a lot in getting the servers populated. Once they get some people in I think they would stay full. I know I would play on the US one anytime I wanted to play a non-hardcore round.
    Yes this would be great. I keep an eye on the server regularly, and except when I arranged a match last friday, it's all been as deserted as a very deserted thing, in a desert.

I'm theoretically running the US BF3 outfit, though I've been doing a poor job due to work busyness. We've set up a time for a regular scrimmage starting at 5:00 PM PST (so 8:00 EST and midnight GMT) on Friday nights.

I've contacted Jim for the admin info, haven't heard back yet though.

Network Hub
    I don't think there are players with admin, we should definitely had a regular night when people know to turn up. Winston seems to have made a start on such things, do you want to take a lead on such matters?

EDIT: Winston i have made you a leader in RPS incase it makes things easier.

Bodge - thank you - yes, more than happy to help in rounding up others for mass shootings. It would be a terrible waste to let the RPS server remain empty.

If any admin is reading this, it would be of great great help to the life of servers if you can reduce the number of people needed to get a game going to 2 or so -once a game is up and running it is very easy to increase the number of people and keep it rolling - it is just getting to that point in the first place which requires the effort.

I propose this Friday at 7pm GMT to get the RPS server up and running - I will harass and poke and cajole however many people it takes to get it going.

Going to ask here since EAs support is still awful, does anyone know how to fix Battlelog insisting that there is an update available for BF3, yet Origin says otherwise? I've done the whole repair install/reinstall tango, but no such luck.

Cheers!

Activated Node
    Friday at 7pm sounds good to me!

I've applied for platoon #3, but I forgot to say 'Hi!' here first. So: 'Hi!'

My soldier's name is MegaKEK even though my skills are not that 'Mega', but they're certainly 'KEK'

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Friday sounds good, although I'll likely be on nearer 7.30 then 7.00.

Edit: or actually not. Probably not able to play until Sunday.

Only managed a brief play of Karkland last night. I liked what I saw a lot.
    Last edited by Vandelay; 15-12-2011 at 05:15 PM.

I might also ask that the server admin adds in the Karkand maps, or I feel we won't be able to get much of a turnout at this highly exciting time.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Winstons View Post
    I might also ask that the server admin adds in the Karkand maps, or I feel we won't be able to get much of a turnout at this highly exciting time.
    This would be nice.

Played the new maps a couple times each now and have to say they are all pretty good. I didn't play the originals, so I can't compare them in that manner but they are far better suited for 64 battles than the normal BF3 maps.

Edit: I will get on the RPS US server tonight, hope enough people get on so that we can have game. If I feel like playing with a 100-120 ping maybe I'll check out the UK server.
    Last edited by ArtVandelay; 16-12-2011 at 06:24 PM.

Just in case I wasn't clear: while the 5:00 PM PST is for the US server (obviously, what with PST being GMT -7 right now) any late-night europeans are more than welcome to join in!

Network Hub
    That was some good shooting gents.

Top stuff - got lured away to a Karkand map a bit later on, but some excellent games on the RPS server before that.

Activated Node
    Yeah, I was regrettably rather late to the UK RPS server game (didn't join till, like 9pm), and by that time I think there was only one other identifiable RPS platoon member on the server. But still, it was a blast, and I played what were probably some of the closest games of BF3 I've EVER had. These games were ending in ticket scores where the victor was in the double digits. Normally, when I go pubbing, games tend to be a lot more one-sided...