Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    I was just coming on to bump too! I think I'll go post it on the games for the weekend topic on the front page.

Network Hub
    I regret to inform you of my inability to join you, but please kill many dudes in my absence

Need mans online to get the shooting going!

Need four more mans to get going!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'd just like to cross-post that the US Platoon is endeavoring to play together at roughly 8:00PM PST tonight. I'll be on with a few friends, and I know Aerothorn will be there, so come join us for explosions and frustration!

Edit: Apparently this will be a weekly meeting time, but as Fridays are generally when people go out and enjoy the company of real people I'll probably try to have another weekly time as well.
    Last edited by sabrage; 02-12-2011 at 10:07 PM.

Activated Node
    I applied to join the 3rd platoon under the name GTonkatsu =]

Network Hub
    I have applied to join platoon three under the name evilbobthebob. I hope to see the server flooding with men to shoot this evening!

I applied to join Platoon #3 - see you on the battlefield!

Activated Node
    I often find the server to be empty (according to battlelog). Are there set times that people gather, or is it just a case of we are all individually coming across the empty server?

Network Hub
    I haven't seen the UK server with anyone in it since I added it to my favourites list. I can only assume that we choose bad times to take a look? Server regulars, help us out here!

Activated Node
    I just applied for the US based squad. Will we have fun?

Quote Originally Posted by evilbobthebob View Post
    I haven't seen the UK server with anyone in it since I added it to my favourites list. I can only assume that we choose bad times to take a look? Server regulars, help us out here!
    In reply to this and StormTec - basically, no, the server is always empty. Yesterday I set up a 7pm gathering time to get a game rolling - we were short on people and it took about half an hour of ninjaing people from friends lists, but we did get a game going in the end - and as soon as we got 8 people on the server, it started filling up really quickly which was great, and then it kept going until about midnight I think.

So to get the server cooking you need to organise a set time on the forums really - but once it's up and running and it appears in the public battlelog listing, it keeps going for quite a while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    We tried to get the US server going last night, but we were one person short of the 8 person limit for a looong time before we just gave up. The server is always empty so nobody ever joins it so it's always empty, basically. It's a vicious cycle.

Obscure Node
    hey guys, just applied to the US squad, names glitchpanda, add me regardless of where you are, would love to have more people to play. I play at all times, with more on the evening/late night pacific.

Network Hub
    As i posted in the platoon feed:

Go to the member page and see who is playing, then click their name to go to their profile and join them. Make sure you have RPS in your tag so that people know who you are. You can use just RPS or RPS3 if you want to be platoon specific.

Patch notes ahoy - http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...4489494744784/

Some good news right at the bottom too :

"Min player requirements
    Also, it will once again be possible to reduce the number of players required to start a round to 1 both in ranked and unranked mode. We changed it back after getting a lot of negative feedback from both individuals and the RSP companies.

Our plan for the future is to introduce a warm-up mode, where players can move about and play the game, but with scoring disabled; then, when the number of players goes above the threshold -- that's when the real round starts."

Will be much easier to get the RPS servers pootling along now.

Obscure Node
    Just applied to Platoon #3 - had the game since day 1 and struggled with playing with terrible randoms. Why oh why didn't I think about checking to see if RPS had a platoon sooner?!

Just applied to RPF - I'm in CT, USA.

I do have a couple questions for my fellow players regarding your BF3 and Mumble settings, if you don't mind...

I just recently set all my settings to Low based on recommendations from some competitive players, so that it's a little easier to see opponents.

Found a rather interesting discussion here:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3..._best_configs/

There's a link there to this config utility (to allow you to change settings outside of the game):
    http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=154145

Does anyone here play on high settings? What advantages (if any) do you see for low settings or any other settings in a competitive setting?

And...

How do you guys usually use mumble? For example, do you use the continuous, voice activated, or touch to talk setting? Do you play BF3 full-screen or window-mode in order to use Mumble at the same time?

I'm looking forward to finding at least a few people to play rather consistently with as that is my primary interest in BF3 (teamplay rather than just solo run-n-gun). I also prefer to be support (i.e. leveling up my medic right now).
    Last edited by FakeKisser; 06-12-2011 at 10:51 PM.