Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DWZippy View Post
    Fixed that quote for you.

Genuinely though, come and play - BF3 really shines with a full squad, and it gives us more firepower on voice chat to call down at any one time.

I'd agree that the M16 is stupidly powerful [it's my favourite assault gun every now and then. I change my mind a lot] and that recon IS an entirely different game. Although, I play recon differently to everyone else, with a 3.4x scope, silencer and making most of my shots within 200 metres [besides a 650 metre headshot and a 550 metre headshot on a little bird pilot who thought he was safe. mwahaha]

Recon soflam is a key part of any good rush defence strategy however, so it's worth learning to use the spotting and flam to your teams advantage.
    Yeah, whenever I play recon, I tend to go with the Semi autos or the PDWs and put down the T-UGS anytime I cap a strongpoint. That thing is a lifesaver. Recon is not all that differnetn when you go the "DMR" route instead of the "Dedicated Sniper" route.
    On rush it is completely awesome to use the TUGS or the MAV.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    A bit late to the party, is anyone still playing? Is there any organized nights going on?

Quote Originally Posted by kataras View Post
    A bit late to the party, is anyone still playing? Is there any organized nights going on?
    I'm kind of wondering the same thing.
    Really want to jump back into BF3 but only if I can play in an acceptable organised manner. :)

I'd love to.

Network Hub
    I would also be down for playing with RPS folk, I only just got it in November when it went on sale that one time. I'm Fafhrd42 on Origin and just applied to Rock, Paper, Flechette. I'm a not entirely terrible sniper.

[edit]it looks like the RPF server is no more, though
    Last edited by Dave L.; 03-03-2013 at 09:43 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    So we have a full squad... That's a start I guess. How about deciding on a day/time, hopping on a server and trying to get a game going? I m not here the weekend but I can play most weeknights this week. My nick is Kata2390 (don't ask) on Origin.

DW and myself are regularly playing with a clan called Destruction Jockeys. If you add me (Capernatious) on BattleLog, you can hop right in when we're online! That's most week nights and during the weekend. If someone wants to set up a place and time to get together and shoot shit, post it here.
    EDIT: Forgot to post a link to their website.
    Last edited by Siddin; 04-03-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    I personally play with a clan called Team Europe - who have a few servers here and there. Really nice blokes, try and find their servers one day.

Evening folks.

A friend and I have picked up Premium from Amazon.com for just under a tenner - just use a billing address in the USA (I changed my region to 'California' and just entered '90210' as the ZIP, heh). As a result, we were wondering if anyone would fancy playing a few games across the expansions at the weekend? I was thinking Sunday evening, as I have a GW2 event on the Saturday and it is a bank holiday after all.

Are people still playing and is anyone up for Sunday night?
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Krathor View Post
    Premium from Amazon.com
    I'm conflicted about this, i do want to try all the gubbins but they ruined so much in bf3 (no servers ran by players directly, unlock level equipment dlc, grinding focus, auto swearing troops)
    so I don't know I can upgrade with an easy mind.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Yeah I know what you mean, especially with BF4 on the horizon too. To be honest though, I didn't really have an excuse not to buy it at that price - especially when I potentially have a few people to play with.
    Guild Wars 2:

Main character name is Seigous Bearheart. I also play on Duke Witherheart. And Lindenheart.

My GW2 blog that you can follow on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar
    I imagine there'll be an influx of people who (like me) picked this up for a handful of pennies.

What's the state with the platoons; are they still active?

Also, do we still have community servers, or did they die?
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    I imagine there'll be an influx of people who (like me) picked this up for a handful of pennies.

What's the state with the platoons; are they still active?

Also, do we still have community servers, or did they die?
    I'm game, I'm sure there will be a huge influx of Humble Bundle people like me.

Activated Node
    It's good to see new people here, I was just about to ask if anyone was still playing. I was trying to get into the game again, but since everyone I know quit BF3 and playing with randoms is not much fun, I thought I might come here.

Network Hub
    I'd definitely be up for an evening's BF3 with RPS (obligatory OMGWTFBBQ etc).

But arent both platoons full? :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    I've recently started 'hanging out' in the RPS Steam group chat, and I've also recently had pangs of nostalgia which are drawing me back to BF3. If anyone wants to play tonight and I'm not already playing, come give me a prod or something. I can't remember the details for the TS3 nor Mumble server though but they're around somewhere.

Edit: 4.5GB update. Never mind, I might be around on Tuesday though.

Network Hub
    Well up for. Used to play it on the PS3.

There is a Battlefield channel on the Mumble server we use for Planetside - is this the one people use?

server.herosquad.org
    port 64738

Post a time here or find me on Mumble. Tonight I'll probably be playing Planetside though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus neema_t's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by b3ll3nd View Post
    Well up for. Used to play it on the PS3.

There is a Battlefield channel on the Mumble server we use for Planetside - is this the one people use?

server.herosquad.org
    port 64738

Post a time here or find me on Mumble. Tonight I'll probably be playing Planetside though.
    Well I don't think anyone is using it to play BF3 at the moment but yes, that would be the one. We have three RPS platoons, two full and one half full, and when I was online last night (managed to convince Origin to download the update) I was the only person online. Same goes for other platoons I'm a member of, such as the GT Planet and Pistonheads platoons. It's pretty dead, but I guess most people who got it in the Humble Bundle won't be a member of a platoon yet or whatever.

Network Hub
    Couldn't download the last gig or so till I updated Origin to the beta. Others might find the same.

What is the name of the RPS platoon?
    Last edited by b3ll3nd; 24-08-2013 at 06:36 PM. Reason: OK, it's the name of this thead :)