Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    If you want surround sound to work, turn off "enhanced stereo mode." I didn't notice it at first because I use a "speaker fill" option for stereo modes, which sounds a lot like surround, but isn't.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smashbox View Post
    Still comes up with 32 player games for some reason... No matter - it is still possible to find the games you want. And probably unfair to skip the game over server browser concerns. The browser is adequate, and fast, and will presumably be easy to upgrade, as it's a website.
    i hope so. i feel like, at the moment, it's mostly an annoyance and a lost opportunity. instead of adding a lot of functionality that might not be possible with an in-game server browser, they've essentially just popped all the functionality of an in-game browser and added some terrible bookface-alike qualities that don't really aid the primary function (in my personal experience).

this is why i find it annoying. it's no more helpful to me than the bc2 server browser at this point, except it requires extra pointing and clicking.

Strange..I seem to be nearly the only one having no problem at all with the new system (looking at the Amazon-reviews for example) and Origin (as Origin just keeps sitting in the background doing nothing, except collecting data I guess).
    I think it's a welcome refresh and handles quite fine, also because it's quite seamless and lets you kill the waiting time:

1. find a server
    2. click join
    3. look at stats/do some browsing/play a round of minesweeper
    4. once everything is ready to play --> game pops up --> play.

Beats staring at the 'Connecting/Joining/loading'-screen in my book. But they really should work on those loading times. Compared to BC2, this really takes too long.

p.s.:
    Also, I must be getting old as this is the first time I'm actually speaking *for* something coming from a big corporation. Normally, I'd be more "this comes from a big publisher, omgwtfbbq, they're evil, this is devil's work!!11!"..
    Last edited by Christian; 28-10-2011 at 10:41 AM.
    Steam-Id inside.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Christian View Post
    Strange..I seem to be nearly the only one having no problem at all with the new system (looking at the Amazon-reviews for example) and Origin (as Origin just keeps sitting in the background doing nothing, except collecting data I guess).
    Remember, people are generally much more likely to post a message if they are having issues than if they are playing with no problems.

I've not had any problem with Origin, nor do I have any real qualms with the Battlelog system. I've said before, I do not understand why they can't have an in-built browser in the game to access it from, but the actual concept is good and they have executed it pretty well too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    Yeah I was ready to give it an F, but its current implementation is probably a solid B+.

Here's hoping for creative, easy-to develop and quick improvements and changes to the web-based system. (and an API if we're really lucky)

I'm really loving the game so far. The Beta put me off from pre-ordering the game, but its been great so far. I myself have been pretty lucky and have not run into many issues. I really like the Support class actually. Setting up a bipod on cover or while prone and suppressing a corridor of enemies is damn satisfying.

I added you on BF as well. My tag is hardpixelrain, look for it.

Activated Node
    Here is my YouTube battle channel. Used it for Total War Shogun 2 battles and a movie based on the game. Now its all about BF 3.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/perafilozof?feature=mhee

I will start uplolading my battles from Battlefield 3
    First video is named: ''I can fly, I can fly...''

Let's talk about platoons? Or rather, let's make a Rock Paper Shotgun platoon in which we all could enjoy digital warfare at it's finest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    There's already one.

With one member and 2 fans? With an emblem that doesn't depict RPS in any way? With the platoon wall full of only non-english? http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3...5241007594676/

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think we could do better.

Much better! Thanks!

I love joining a big map with air combat, running around with the anti air Stinger and landmines while trying to cap as many points as possible.. you really gather up points fast unless the pilots are really good!

Quote Originally Posted by Zyrden View Post
    Thank you for that. I will join immediately.

Network Hub
    Boo, it's full :(

Quote Originally Posted by Estel View Post
    Boo, it's full :(
    Jump over to the main thread and yell at them until they make another. Or join the North American platoon, if that's where you're located.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...latoon-Shotgun

Activated Node
    Here is a new video of me as an Engineer powning and getting powned. Enjoy!

Well, 15 hours down in multiplayer over the weekend and I am still loving it - starting to find my groove as well.

Still preferring the Support class and doing much better now I have unlocked the mortars and some decent kit for my M249.

Aside from the server browser being oddly coy about showing ping rates for any more than 10-15 servers after a refresh, I have been more and more impressed with Battlelog the more I have used it. The interface is slick, the party mechanics work great and the stats are engaging and seemingly endless.
    open-faced club sand wedge

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I'm waiting for some ram to come in the mail so I can enjoy this game proper, but... This game has fucking mortars?!??

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I'm waiting for some ram to come in the mail so I can enjoy this game proper, but... This game has fucking mortars?!??
    This game has fucking mortars.

Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen