Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    It sure does have fucking mortars.

...though I do think they maybe need a bit more tweaking.

At the moment, they are a little innacurate, a little weak against personnel, good against vehicles and have infinite ammo.

Thus the mortar spam commences!

I think I would rather see them a little more powerful, but with limited rounds - say 5 - that aren't replenished by the ammo pickups.

This would encourage more effective, considered and tactical use of the things without allowing spammage.

That said, I have knocked out a fair few vehicles with them and a direct strike on the opposing teams mortar guy is immensely satisfying.
    open-faced club sand wedge

I drive tanks! Feels like a slightly more hectic World of Tanks at times, which I enjoy. At times, though, teammates can be -really- frustrating. Once I was doing a quick fix-up of the tank and my team-mate jumped in, drove off withouth me only to drive onto land-mines and die. Hell is other people.
    BobHound - EVE Online

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    K, when I unlock this thing, I'm going to organize a pure mortar team. Our enemies will look to the horizon, and see nothing but bombshells.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanban View Post
    I drive tanks! Feels like a slightly more hectic World of Tanks at times, which I enjoy. At times, though, teammates can be -really- frustrating. Once I was doing a quick fix-up of the tank and my team-mate jumped in, drove off withouth me only to drive onto land-mines and die. Hell is other people.
    I had my best round ever, ever yesterday. I got in a LAV with a squadmate at the start of the match and proceeded to spend nearly the entire 20 minute round in that same vehicle with that same team-mate gunning and repairing.

We tore up the damn place, it was sublime.

Finished 12/3 K/D and with nearly 8000 points on the board - my first MVP ribbon too.

I know there are plenty of folk out there who would sneer at this score, but I was dead chuffed - me and random player in perfect synergy, raining down death upon our foes and taking flags like sweeties from infants.
    Last edited by Item!; 30-10-2011 at 12:03 PM.

Also; hooah!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I cant believe it zako, there are more than 100K players currently online according to bf3stats.com, and for each platform!! To sum up there are more that 350K soldiers online. Such a formidable force.

Discovery!

You can now actually change your Origin name, and thus your soldier name.

I am now no longer ProsaicMosaic (thank tits) but Item was already taken and they don't let you use special characters, so I am now...1t3m.

Quote Originally Posted by Item! View Post

You can now actually change your Origin name, and thus your soldier name.
    Cool, then after being knifed one can change his/her name and denies that it's his/her dog tag?

BTW can one update other personal info, say, email, so that the Origin account becomes transferable?

Anyone know whether gamepads are supported on the PC? I'm just thinking for flying helos. I reckon I might actually manage to keep one in the air with a pad. What I want is to leave the pad plugged in and have the game auto switch to pad when I get in an aircraft. That would be cool. Anyone know if its possible?

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    Cool, then after being knifed one can change his/her name and denies that it's his/her dog tag?
    I would imagine the soldier name is just a dynamic text reference to some kind of SID - so sadly, I think your stolen tags will be updated as well...

Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    BTW can one update other personal info, say, email, so that the Origin account becomes transferable?
    Surely they would have to allow you to change email - what if your providor or domain name changes or ceases to exist for some reason beyond your control?

It maybe that your logon ID stays as the original email your registered with, but they would *have* to allow for email address changes, no?

Quote Originally Posted by battles_atlas View Post
    Anyone know whether gamepads are supported on the PC? I'm just thinking for flying helos. I reckon I might actually manage to keep one in the air with a pad. What I want is to leave the pad plugged in and have the game auto switch to pad when I get in an aircraft. That would be cool. Anyone know if its possible?

Not sure!

Will try tonight, as so far my career as a helicopter pilot as been brief and mostly fatal.

@Item!

Thanks so much for the info. My Origin account is the old EA account got transferred to the Origin platform, and as I recall I only provided my email as personal info. So even with Origin DRM games are pretty much transferable.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Item! View Post
    and have infinite ammo.
    All Support class weapons have infinite ammo. Support classes have infinite bullets and infinite grenades. Why would mortars be any different?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    New video, my first battle as an Assault class. Rush on Metro but with a funny bug at the start of the map !

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by battles_atlas View Post
    It's possible with the 360 gamepad, so my guess is others would work as well.

Activated Node
    Given the amount of times i've lost connection (basically i'm fine for the game I join, but following the launch of the next game I last 5-10 mins before being kicked for losing connection) ... I decided to try the SP Campaign. So far so good - the level where you are in a jet has to be one of the best flight sequences i've ever played ... played it 3 times now, just for the take-off :)

Pet Peeves on BF3 MP:

[Admin]: Welcome to [Clan] server!
    [Admin]: Enjoy your stay!
    [Admin]: Add us to your favorites!
    [Rube]: wtf hax
    [Hacker]: lol
    [Rube]: Is an Admin on?
    [Rube]: Anybody?

[Sniper1]: Is anybody going to cap the objectives?
    [Sniper2]: We're gonna lose if you don't go
    [Sniper1]: Doesn't anybody understand how to play?
    [Sniper3]: Teamwork, asshats!
    [Sniper4]: Someone cap the m-com!
    [Support]: I hate you all.
    [Sniper2]: suck it up fag

Somehow, if there is one object in four square miles of open terrain that a tank can't just run over, the tank driver will find it, hump it, get stuck on it, and discover the three enemy engineers hiding behind it.

Reinforced concrete bunkers crumble when looked at wrong. Sheet metal shipping containers are invulnerable to everything short of tactical nukes.

Does anybody know how to fly a support helicopter? Anybody? ...Beuller?

Moments that make it worth it:

Getting a tank, sniping a support helicopter with the main cannon, walking shots to snipe an enemy tank on the far end of the map, getting out and shooting the asshat who blew up my tank, and then walking back to the tank spawn, capping two flags on the way, to get a fresh tank and repeat it two more times.
    Last edited by Nalano; 30-10-2011 at 10:22 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Obscure Node
    Oh god. I remember struggling at first with BC2 but I eventually got pretty good. But I am rancid at BF3.

I just seem to spawn, start running and then get shot in the back. And when I see someone and open up with a couple of short controlled bursts, the enemy just blinks, turns and blows me away - and then I see in their kill cam that their health is still 90% or something. I'm not sure whether to get back in the saddle or go and weep quietly somewhere.

Still, there are many things to love about BF3. Apart from conquest metro. It's like the Somme with escalators.

Quote Originally Posted by Wayward_Ronin View Post
    Still, there are many things to love about BF3. Apart from conquest metro. It's like the Somme with escalators.
    Horribly balanced map. Rush to B, then spam nades and rockets down all the escalators until you win. The battle's won in the first thirty seconds, and then it's all over but the fifteen minutes of crying.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Sucks getting in the Jet for your first time and being up against a high level Jet player with missles that kill you with one hit. Just kills you before you blow up. You do not have flares till you get 300 points.

Everything else the game is fantastic. Mostly play Engi and Assault right now. Attacking rush revive can be nice to save those points.