Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I was talking to someone else earlier saying that I don't believe BF3 has that Battlefield soul to it. It's a very good open warfare game, but not a Battlefield one. It doesn't make sense, but that's how I feel and I agree entirely vagrant, there are no gems. There is no El Alamein, *insert from BF2*, Shuhia Taiba etc.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kadayi's Avatar
    Surprised these haven't been posed here already (and if they were I missed the thread). This guy is Boss: -

Why yes you're right I'm deliciously evil

Tradition is the tyranny of dead men

Steam:Kadayi Origin: Kadayi GFWL: Kadayi

Probable Replicant

*blush* I'm flattered by the attention boys, but please let's not make the thread about liddle old me

Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    Kadayi will remain the worst poster on the interwebs.
    Gifmaster 4000 2014 Year of the Gif

Persons of disinterest: Nalano, deano2099

Wish my opponents were that unobservant...

Alas, don't think I'll be getting this. It's too expensive for the fun I'll get out of it seeing how I'll be WTFPWNED at every turn and by the time it's cheaper peeps will have moved on to other games or be SUPER-PRO

Quote Originally Posted by The Pink Ninja View Post
    Alas, don't think I'll be getting this. It's too expensive for the fun I'll get out of it seeing how I'll be WTFPWNED at every turn and by the time it's cheaper peeps will have moved on to other games or be SUPER-PRO
    I admit I was weakening until coverage of the forthcoming 'Back to Karkand' DLC cropped up to remind me of the nature of the beast I'm dealing with here. No EA, I'll not be paying for the privilege of joining your revenue stream.

And yeah, unlike single-player games by the time this is actually worth buying it won't be worth playing.
    Last edited by Rii; 12-11-2011 at 08:40 AM.

EA are just so evilz!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Between PR mod, and ARMA 2 I feel my own combined warfare needs are fulfilled. No unlocks, no opponents grinding, or over/under equipped players, no stupidity like not being able to hop out of a tank and assuming a nearby ally can use the equipment but they simply lacking the capacity because they haven't grinded enough.

I'll buy it in a year for the coop, mind you.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 12-11-2011 at 10:37 AM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    ...no stupidity like not being able to hop out of a tank and assuming a nearby ally can use the equipment but they simply lacking the capacity because they haven't grinded enough.
    Eh? There's no unlock for 'Drive Tank' :|

Instead it's more they simply lack the capability because they're retarded.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Grizzly's Avatar
    So it is better then in BC2 then?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I mean the full capacity rather than the capability.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I want the next BF to drop a shit-load of unlocks. It doesn't fit. I'm not saying remove choice; optics are fine for those who want, but flares for air vehicles? Bipods for LMGs and sniper rifles? Ugh.

Looking forward to Karkand as I twiddled a few more network settings yesterday and was able to play consistently. When this game works well, it's almost there. It's almost that Battlefield gold standard. The rest of the time it's just nowhere near as fun. In this game, for example, it's so damn rare to have those rare moments that you can sneak off and recapture the point you were stalking as an enemy squad took it and have since left. The maps are too small for little tricks like that.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

It reminds me unpleasantly of world of Tanks where I'd always be outclassed by the enemy tanks but could only unlock new tanks by beating those better tanks. Yes you do get xp from just fighting but without getting kills it's a slow fucking grind.

Admitedly since it is still just an FPS which I tend to be moderately good at and it has fast respawns (Unlike WOT) it won't be nearly so bad but still, I'll get flashbacks to the Eastern Front.

Obscure Node
    Bipods for LMGs are amazing. Sniper rifles too, but being able to hold-breath basically makes it pointless.
    Also, flares for aircraft were in Battlefield 2 and are perfectly relevant. Also, not overly effective.

What is dumb: Lock-on tank rounds. Haven't unlocked it so maybe it's not as bad as it sounds. Really though, the only thing I miss is an effective radar probe. That plantable radar is rather spotty, and the UAV rarely gets used (but is cool). Every time I've used it, it seems like my team doesn't know what a red triangle means.

You miss-understand my point. I wasn't saying that they should be removed, but they should be there from the start and then unlock things later with the choice to replace them with something else. For example, give all the optics at first and then you can choose which one you want to use, if any. The unlock choice should be the weapon, not the attachments.

I basically wanted the 2142 or even BC1 approach to unlocks. You get an unlock every rank or two, you get to choose what you want to unlock, no kit performance required. Want to get everything while playing as an engineer? You can do. By the time you've unlocked things for another kit, you'll probably be far enough into the game to know what they do anyhow. Choice is maintained, no complete bullshit with unlocks and the game starts and maintains its own balance.