Secondary Hivemind Nexus Cooper's Avatar

DRM database / listing

I've been looking for something like this:
    http://www.drmdatabase.net/database
    For a while.

Because 'Reclaim your game' has a limited list, and way too much of an agenda...
    http://www.reclaimyourgame.com/conte...-of-resultsAny

one else know of anything similar?

Because the details given by Steam or other retailers is usually wrong / limited / in jargon / difficult to find. I've not bought games before because I thought they contained always online DRM, and am never sure if / when DRM gets patched out...
    Quote Originally Posted by CROCONOUGHTKEY
    KING GEORGE IS A FROG
    le BANG~__-MICHEAL FUCK OFF~~__-INTERPOL KNOW YOU WELLBIENG~—
    OFF
    NOT RUSHMORE MOUNTAIN
    KILL WESTON KILL MUST KILLTHEWESTERNINMYHEADDOESN’TEXSIST
    TEXASISDEADINPARISHEWASAMAN..BINGBING.TETTOHEAD.SP ACEOK,TIMEDEADANDSTOPPED1920HOKKAIDO.UNDERSTOODAT1 ONE.
    UNDERSTANDTHISANDFUCKOFFPIRATEBAY.TIMEDOESNTEXSIST FORMEASIMPATEKPHILLPE.
    BANG

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Finally something like that appears. It's a bit rough, but it's not too bad.
    I use http://steamdrm.flibitijibibo.com/the-big-drm-list/ for Steam games, and for the rest I just trawl forums looking for information.
    RYG are way too biased, they don't really make an objective and technical evaluation. When DRM-Free games are rated differently whether they are on disc or digital, just the rates in the first place are stupid.
    a Publisher’s contribution to the overall Consumer Experience is consistent with:
    Their DRM Policy
    Their decision on what DRM scheme(s) to implement
    Their attitude towards their retained and/or emerging Consumers. This is, by far, the most important aspect that decides whether Consumers receive a positive or negative outcome.
    They are not evaluation the DRM, they evaluate the attitude that publishers demonstrate. That explains why Starcraft2 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood have the same kind of DRM and yet their ratings are much different.
    Last edited by somini; 22-01-2012 at 11:25 PM. Reason: typo
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    I think "Reclaim Your Game" targets mainly Securom. And what kind of agenda being too much you mean? Or are you actually meaning that they are too high profile?

And tell you mates what, you can always, whenever a new game is released, check for its scene-release. No I am NOT saying you should pirate it, but warez groups always state the DRM that game is employing. They start to consider this as public knowledge people are entitled to be informed of.
    Last edited by squirrel; 23-01-2012 at 01:22 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus somini's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrel View Post
    I think "Reclaim Your Game" targets mainly Securom. And what kind of agenda being too much you mean? Or are you actually meaning that they are too high profile?
    I think they are totally biased and shun UbiDRM when other, technically similar DRM solutions are ignored. Starcraft 2 is a scandal. not only that, giving a DRM-Free games not 100% tells me they are just haters. I would like technical information, not a lecture on the evils of DRM.
    As to the scene release, I had never though of it, that is really a great tip, thanks!
    Steam(shots), Imgur, Bak'laag, why do you forsake me?