Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar

Half Price Demon Battles!

Well, the recent sale of Solium Infernum convinced me to buy it.

If you're on the fence, let me attempt to convince you:
    Solium Infernum is a board game gone electric. You are one of the Lords of Hell, and currently the throne sits empty. Being the devious demon that you are, you're conniving a way that you can seize it... The problem? So is everyone else.

It is currently 50% off. I tried the demo and bought it almost immediately.

Game page here.
    Demo here.

And if you still aren't convinced, read this After Action Report at RPS. It's what got me interested in the first place.
    So, who's interested, who wants to buy it and join me in battling for hell?

I'm a total newb, playing against the AI to try and learn the ins and outs of the game better (like how the hell do you increase the number of Orders you get per turn?), but I'm happy to play against whoever. I have no idea how it even works, so an experienced player organising/hosting would probably be best.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

I also have just bought it and i'm completely new. I'm currently studying for exams (or should be) but i'll be keen for a game in like 2 weeks or so!

I've been stuck on said fence for what feels like forever. Hell will be mine.

I could join (or even help run if needed) another game. I've only played in the three games that started here on RPS a month or two ago, but I'm starting to feel like I've got the hang of it now.

PS. You get more orders by increasing most attributes to level 4 (5 for wrath, never for charisma). You can also get it from some relics or Places of Power.

Obscure Node

Hell yeah

Another previously on-the-fencer here that would definitely be interested in some games. See you in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    I could join (or even help run if needed) another game. I've only played in the three games that started here on RPS a month or two ago, but I'm starting to feel like I've got the hang of it now.
    Great. I think if one more person puts their hand up we've got enough. I've read people talking about emailing turns in and what-not, so hopefully having someone that's been around the block a couple of times already will help things run smoothly.
    I'll read the other threads to see how they went about things, and we'll see about getting it started in the next little while.

Quote Originally Posted by Jolima View Post
    PS. You get more orders by increasing most attributes to level 4 (5 for wrath, never for charisma). You can also get it from some relics or Places of Power.
    Ahhh. I gained an extra Order but I wasn't sure exactly what I had done to earn it. Thanks for that (may it be your downfall! :) )

@Cable - I don't think it will be a big deal. It should only take 10 minutes or so once every few days to get your orders sorted out (unless I'm seriously underestimating how complicated the game gets with real people), so I don't think it should interfere with study too much. That said, I'm happy to wait a bit until you're confident your demonic aspirations won't usurp your real-life ones.

@Antares & theBU3N0 - awesome. Keep an eye on this thread and we'll get the ball rolling soon. And take this opportunity to play some AI games - they won't connive and stab you in the back anywhere near as much as a human will, but it'll give you a chance to learn the game mechanics.

Anyone else interested?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Kelron's Avatar
    I don't want another game right now, but check out Dropbox. You can share a folder with all the players and drop the files in there, rather than faffing about with email.

For time commitment, I've certainly decided to take an hour or even a day to think over my next moves before. It doesn't get complicated so much as induce extreme paranoia about what your opponents may be planning. In terms of actual time spent clicking things in game, 10-20 minutes per turn is about right (less at the start).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I'd be up for another game if you've still got a open slot :-)

Network Hub
    Hey guys, I'm so in if there's still some space?

Looks like Sarigs is in. Easy, it will depend on if Cable wants to risk it, or if he wants to just wait for another game.

So we've got:
    1. TailSwallower (that's me!)
    2. Jolima (Minister of Defense [against my ineptitude])
    3. Antares
    4. theBU3N0
    5. Sarigs
    6. Cable, or if he want to bow out of this round Easy.

Once we've confirmed this we'll take a little vote on Map options and get the ball rolling.

i'm keen exams are over in a week anyway!

If everyone PM's me their email address and signs up for Dropbox (referer link) if you haven't already I can set up the game.

Options (defaults in bold):
    • Map Size: Choose between 12/14/16 hex width. Height is always 12.
    • Map Type: Picks between major map features. Great Rivers tends to be more open. Acheron's Locks has many small areas. Dante's peak has a large mountain and chasms to channel conflict. The Lake of Fire is also open, but adds a special place of power, The Palace on the Lake of Fire, which grants +1 order slot, in addition to prestige.
    • Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common. Determines the number of places of power that will be generated. Public objectives and the Lake of Fire can override the None value.
    • Game Length: Determines number of tokens to be drawn to end the game (10/15/20/25). You can estimate a turn length of 4x the number of tokens.

I think all of my other games have been on Dante's peak, so I'd prefer some other option than that. Perhaps Acheron's Locks? Otherwise I'm fine with the defaults or anything else.

There is also the beta patch which adds more content, but it may be better to stay away from that for people's first game.
    Last edited by Jolima; 01-11-2011 at 08:42 AM.

Sorry Easy, we won't have room for you this time, but SI seems to be fairly popular around these parts, so I'm sure a new game won't be far off.

My vote (in bold):

• Map Size: 12/14/16.
    • Map Type: Great Rivers, Acheron's Locks, Dante's peak, The Lake of Fire.
    • Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common.
    • Game Length: 10/15/20/25

PM sent.

If the voting doesn't work then we'll default to Jolima's choice. I like games to run a little longer against the AI, but if people want a shorter game for their first foray that's cool too.

Network Hub
    Ach well. Keep me in mind for next round. I'll just crawl back to my dark corner and sulk :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Map Size: Choose between 12/14/16 hex width.
    Map Type: Great Rivers. Acheron's Locks. Dante's peak. The Lake of Fire.
    Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common.
    Game Length: 10/15/20/25

My Votes in bold and PM sent!

Map Size: Choose between 12/14/16 hex width.
    Map Type: Great Rivers. Acheron's Locks. Dante's peak. The Lake of Fire.
    Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common.
    Game Length: 10/15/20/25

My Votes in bold and PM sent!

I'm not fussed about what map we play though i've only played great rivers before so anything new would be cool

I've already updated to 1.07c or mine was like that to begin with but i can download a previous version if people don't want to play that version. (since it's the beta, i think)

Terribly sorry, my fellow archdemons, but my computer's in its dying throes and it might take me a while to fix it for good. I'm afraid that taking my righteous place on the throne of Hell will have to wait for later.
    Easy can have my slot, if he's not too busy sulking in his dark corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    I've already updated to 1.07c or mine was like that to begin with but i can download a previous version if people don't want to play that version. (since it's the beta, i think)
    We'll probably be better off sticking to the non-beta version - that way we'll at least have one MP game in the 'old style' and the information in the manual won't be quite so out of date.

Cheers Antares. PM sent to Easy to see if he still wants the spot.

I'd happily join if you have a spot left.

Great! duff, you're in.