Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    No word from theBU3NO yet. Let's give it one more day for him or a reserve to show up before starting with 5 players perhaps?

I'd be up for playing, I just bought it as well!

Email me tghclark(at)hotmail.co.uk if you need a quick response :)
    Last edited by hexagonalbolts; 03-11-2011 at 07:18 PM.

That's enough for me. Game created and invites sent. To get started place the .inv file with your name into the _NewGameStarts folder. E.g. C:\Users\<name>\Documents\SoliumInfernumGame\Multi PlayerSaves\_NewGameStarts. You will get a .trn file created in return when you have selected your avatar which you should place back in dropbox.
    Last edited by Jolima; 03-11-2011 at 07:48 PM.

I've submitted it. What happens once we have all done that?

Then I'll process the turn and you get a .sav file through dropbox, you put that in the save folder, play your turn and get a new .trn file to put back into dropbox again.

It's all described quite well in the game manual except that it is assuming email instead of dropbox.

Lesser Hivemind Node

Which settings map wise did we go for in the end? :-)

I've tried reading through the manual a few times, but it's such a labyrinth. I'm scared already...!

Oh, right. These:

Map Size: 12/14/16 hex width.
    Map Type: Great Rivers. Acheron's Locks. Dante's peak. The Lake of Fire.
    Place of Power: None, Rare, Uncommon or Common.
    Game Length: 10/15/20/25

I think that was the majority decision for all things except Map type which was a draw between Locks and Lake. I just went with Lake for being the one I hadn't voted on there.

That was surprisingly easy and painless. Thanks Jolima for setting this up and telling us all what to do.

I'm looking forward to the game, have fun guys!

Oh also a couple of questions,
    does it matter if i'm running 1.07c since Jolima is resolving all the turns?
    and are we doing all our discussing and scheming via this thread and pms or is it just whatever?
    and last one, maybe we should have a post with all players forum and game names (i made mine different since i just used an old avatar without thinking)

cheers

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cable View Post
    does it matter if i'm running 1.07c since Jolima is resolving all the turns?
    and are we doing all our discussing and scheming via this thread and pms or is it just whatever?
    and last one, maybe we should have a post with all players forum and game names (i made mine different since i just used an old avatar without thinking)
    1. I guess we'll find out soon enough :)
    2. Yeah, we can keep this thread rolling for any discussions we might want to make, but there's always PMs for the secret meetings and dirt back-stabbings.
    3. Yeah, If everyone want to post their Avatar name that might be easier to keep track of things. I haven't been on my gaming computer yet today, so I haven't had a chance to sort out my avatar etc, but I'll post it here when I have.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Okey dokey cheers for that.

I'm Yriel by the way.

My initial turn sent in.

Abezethibou is the name.

See you in hell ;)

I'm totally not the right person to ask but I can't imagine 1.07c being compatible with other versions..?

I'm fairly sure I chose Gozom or something along those lines. See you in the inferno!

The first turn is now ready. Just replace the old .sav file with the new one to be able to play it and then copy the new .trn file back.

I won't announce every turn, so please check your dropbox at times. If there's no .trn file of yours in the top folder you have a turn ready to play.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Oooh Lots of shinies around the map! I've not tried this build before but my guy is Sarigs this time round!

There are a lot of shinies, must capture them all!
    I've submitted my turn, hopefully I did it right and didn't break anything too bad.

Very jealous of all the archfiends who got easy places of power next to their armies. I'm looking at you, Yriel/Cable.

I've submitted my turn, hopefully I haven't broken anything too badly (tghclark / hexagonalbolts / gozom)

In case anyone is wondering I'm going to be blogging about the game here: TaleSwallower. If anyone else is planning on doing the same thing we can cross-post to each other's, and you can borrow my (painstakingly contructed) map if you want.

Not sure if I know everyone's in-game name vs Forum name, but I can add those later.

That's great Tail Swallower glad we have someone recording it, and your map is lovely too.

And with regards to the places of power they will all be mine in the not too distant future so do not weep too many bitter tears now hexagonalbolts or you will have none left when I take the rest of them.

Was reading over at the Cryptic Comet forum and thanks to someone's post I realised how long this game could go for (months, likely). And that's perfectly fine (as long as we can all be patient around Christmas-New Year's if the game hasn't concluded by then, as people will probably be busy), but I just thought that we should probably all try and check on the game once every 24 hours. Doesn't matter what time of the day, but if everyone's consistent then it should flow nicely.

Probably should have thought of it at the start, but never mind. And don't worry if you can't get to it every day, but hopefully we can all keep at it regularly enough to get the game finished before we die of old age... And now I'm getting a mental picture of grizzled old people playing SI at the retirement home and taking all the deceit way too personally, hahaha.