Network Hub

Disc Golf Thread of Zen Hipsterism

Though I have played a few times very casually over the years, a visit to my brother-in-law's place in Portland, OR with excursions to a couple of its many many disc golf courses has converted me to a tentative enthusiast. That is, I've played probably 20 rounds of disc golf in the last 3 weeks, joined the local club, bought a bag and a collection of discs, learned the difference between hyzer and anhyzer throws, overstable and understable discs, push and spin putts, etc. I find that I'm really enjoying the sport. Anyone else a disc golfer? Any tips?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt_W View Post
    Though I have played a few times very casually over the years, a visit to my brother-in-law's place in Portland, OR with excursions to a couple of its many many disc golf courses has converted me to a tentative enthusiast. That is, I've played probably 20 rounds of disc golf in the last 3 weeks, joined the local club, bought a bag and a collection of discs, learned the difference between hyzer and anhyzer throws, overstable and understable discs, push and spin putts, etc. I find that I'm really enjoying the sport. Anyone else a disc golfer? Any tips?
    I used to play a lot of discgolf with friends back when one of us lived near a park with a discgolf course. I see you've already invested in some discs - that would've been my first suggestion. The disc you use can have a lot of influence on your throw. Changing up the courses you play at is a good idea too, because you will get to know every in and out of a course you play at regularly. Playing a course in reverse order or from different starting points is fun too, just to add some variation to your playing.
    Want to add me on Steam? Steam name: Mr. Gert

Guild Wars 2 characters: Norgothus (Norn Necromancer), Maggrivo (Charr Warrior)

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Never go full Wulf.