Page 17 of 139 FirstFirst ... 715161718192767117 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Yesterday i watched Moon from 2009,very good movie. Today i'm going with Jackie Brown.
    Moon was one of my favorite films of 2009. Sam Rockwell was superb.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Unpopular opinion: I preferred Hunger Games over Battle Royale.
    Like I said, I think Hunger Games is a better film, in terms of watching something for entertainment. I just think that Battle Royale does a few things better, or at least has the ability to.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Yesterday i watched Moon from 2009,very good movie.
    Polarising in my house, but I really loved it. Simple, but effective. Clint Mansell's score was excellent and I loved the use of models instead of CG, even if the buckets on the side of the vehicles was swinging a bit too much for Moon-gravity!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Moon is one of my favorite sci-fi films. District 9, another sci-fi film released in 2009, is worth watching too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah 2009 seemed to be a good year for films especially sci fi ones. Moon really was great and did emotionally affect me. Unfortunatly it is one of those films you can only see once since knowing the twist it kind of loses that surreal distrbing quality it had first viewing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Yeah 2009 seemed to be a good year for films especially sci fi ones. Moon really was great and did emotionally affect me. Unfortunatly it is one of those films you can only see once since knowing the twist it kind of loses that surreal distrbing quality it had first viewing.
    Not sure I agree on that point. It does lose a bit of mystery, but I actually appreciated how the twist came so early in the film. Rather than being a shocker-ending, the film ended up being more about, "Well, we've had the twist. Now what do we do about it?"

But yeah, 2009 was amazing for movies. It's probably the only year that I can easily name ten movies from, all of which I liked and would be willing to see again.

Obscure Node
    I actually watch a lot of movies lately. Inception is one of my favorite, I watched it many times and can watch again and again.
    I'm also very fond of Hunger Games btw, it is a great movie I enjoyed on a big screen.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Polarising in my house, but I really loved it. Simple, but effective. Clint Mansell's score was excellent and I loved the use of models instead of CG, even if the buckets on the side of the vehicles was swinging a bit too much for Moon-gravity!
    Mansell's work was indeed quite nice. The movie itself was so different from what I expected that I probably remember it more for what it didn't - and to be fair, probably never tried to - do than for what it actually did.

I re-watched 天下无双 (Chinese Odyssey 2002) earlier this week. It gets a bit tedious towards the end, but the ridiculous story and outright silliness make it worth watching, as do the enjoyable performances by Tony Leung Chiu-Wai, Faye Wong, Chang Chen, and Zhao Wei - who was dubbed for the Cantonese release.

Last edited by Tritagonist; 29-03-2012 at 11:30 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

I accidentally spoiled Moon for myself (Bringing it the total to 3 Kevin Spacey films I've spoiled for myself), but I watched it anyway and it was absolutely brilliant. I agree with 'The Innocent' above, the idea that the twist came so early was extremely refreshing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Hmm I don't know I guess the twist does come early if your smart enough but i didn't know exactly what was going on, was he slowly going mental? And that was one of the reasons i really liked the film and the surreal disturbing quality I said it had.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Do not go see Detachment. Fuck, I actually did my time working in the public school system and don't need that maudlin shit.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Spent the day trying to watch some films with some friends round at mine. We started off wtih A Clockwork Orange, which makes for some delightful sunny Sunday viewing! It was absolutely fantastic, cementing Kubrick in my mind as an astonishing director. We also started watching Ferris Buller's Day Off, unfortunately we didn't get all the way through that. I'd seen a good few clips from it, but it was great seeing it all stitched together. I can't wait to finish it, but it was very funny.