Page 25 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575125 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    Have you seen Super? It's very much the same sort of film, but a bit darker! Good fun though. Stars Rainn Wilson and Ellen Page.

I didn't like Kickass. The action scenes were great, and Nicolas Cage was pretty good. But I thought that everything else was just filler.
    I seen it on Lovefilm but was not one of the ones I can watch free with my package online so stuck it on my rental list.

Also, last night I watched Real Steel. It is actually very good, I was expecting to hate it or at the least be bored shitless by it, but they pulled it off well.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Most of the characters were really irritating and stupid.
    Apparently it had a lot of plot holes too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Bakke View Post
    Have you seen Super? It's very much the same sort of film, but a bit darker!
    A bit? It was like watching Robin rape Batman.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    What exactly didn't you folks like about Prometheus?
    I ain't seen it. The Spoonman really hates it though!

Sounds like the worst scientists I've ever heard of.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 11-06-2012 at 01:13 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    What exactly didn't you folks like about Prometheus?
    Disjointed, obvious and frustrating in it's lack of explanation at certain points. For example if a character is going to speak in an ancient language it's not a war crime to put subtitles down so that we (the audience) can understand what was said. For all anyone knows David said 'Your mother sucks cocks in hell' and then shit kicks off accordingly.

Also the dudes in that video pretty much breakdown the problems with it big time. I like Guy Pierce but they totally didn't need him there in old man make up Vs casting an old actor for the role. Plus they are the dumbest scientists ever.
    Last edited by Kadayi; 11-06-2012 at 07:39 PM.

Prometheus was lots of fun to watch, but really really dumb.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    As an aside, and while Aliens-related stuff is trendy (and because I just learnt it from a Cracked article): in Resurrection, when Ripley throws the basket blind over her shoulder, that actually happened. Sigourney Weaver: everything I learn about her just makes her more awesome.
    Last edited by ColOfNature; 11-06-2012 at 11:42 PM. Reason: skip the video to the money shot

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Oh, I'm definitely with Kadayi. I had no idea that Guy Pearce was even in the movie at the time, but I thought to myself "Why is it so important that they got a young guy to play an old man?" And it really wasn't important, at all, because the footage of the younger Weyland never actually made it into the film. I'm excited to see if the director's cut remedies my issues with Prometheus, but I think the script is probably beyond saving.

Didn't help that, as noted elsewhere, he looked an awful lot like Future Biff:
    Last edited by sabrage; 12-06-2012 at 12:06 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    You'll see Guy Pearce in the sequels, playing Weyland at various ages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I found this pretty much sums up my opinion of the movie (Jay's view at least).
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Just sat here watching Survival of the Dead. I never knew Romero was still making films, but this is as good as any of his older ones.

Yep, for me I can't see anything this year topping The Avengers. (Not even Batman as I thought The Dark Knights was kinda pants, but Batman Begins was awesome).

Watched Passenger 57 for the hundredth time (thanks ITV2), It's definitely in my pretty bad action films I'll almost always watch again list, and it features one of the greatest lines of all time:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    You can always rely on Snipes for some cheesy-awesome action. Demolition Man is another highlight of his oeuvre.

Watched the trailer for Brave and I kinda thought this was at least fun to watch, albeit having the rebellious child/princess cliche as the theme of this film. Let's just hope Pixar manages to pull this off
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Going to rent Iron Sky on Lovefilm tonight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    @Voon

The teaser for Brave really made me think it was going to be an epic fantasy which was going to be rich and dark. But nope comedy in the second trailer. Dissapointed but it is Pixar so i will see it.

Saw Red Tails last night, a story 'based on true events' about a squadron of black pilots in WWII. Overall it was inoffensive, ungritty and lacking in weight, with any attempt at making a statement about race relations buried in schmaltz and glorification on how much fun was is. I'm not saying it was a bad film, it's quite a good watch, just don't expect to take anything away from it. I was just wondering during which 'true events' did the USA single-handedly take on Hitler's Germany? Yep, it's that standard BS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Watched Altman's Gosford Park the other day. There a few of scenes of the large cast together, looking pretty, chattering at the same time, not really relating anything... And that's a good metaphor for the film as a whole.

I just say Jin Roh. It's one of the best, most amazing anime films i've ever watched. It's deeply political and social and very, very, very moving. I seriously recommend it. Watch it. Now. Seriously.

http://www.youtube.com/embed/8oui3kAkUqE
    Last edited by Kilometrik; 21-06-2012 at 05:56 AM.

Caught "The Eagle" the other night on tv. Was a suprisingly enjoyable film, not at all one-sided, and did a very good job of reminding me what war is truely like. The acting was only a little flimsy in places, notably Mark Strong rockin' (what sounded like) an american accent..

but all in all, I'd definitly recomend it. It's most comparable to say, the King Arthur movie (with Clive Owen) or the Gladiator movie, with a bit less action. The spoken gaelic language in the film was a very nice touch as well.

Last edited by Wheelz; 22-06-2012 at 07:58 AM. Reason: Video