Page 29 of 143 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979129 ... LastLast
    Last movie I watched was Blade Runner. Again.

Not having seen that movie is just plain wrong.

This weekend I watched the Fellowship of the Ring for the umpteenth time, but with a twist! I saw it screened with a live orchestra performing all the accompanying music, which was really quite amazing. I think the percussionists may have had the best night of their lives what with all the war drums in the score.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Splynter View Post
    This weekend I watched the Fellowship of the Ring for the umpteenth time, but with a twist! I saw it screened with a live orchestra performing all the accompanying music, which was really quite amazing. I think the percussionists may have had the best night of their lives what with all the war drums in the score.
    That sounds pretty kickass. Reminds me of the time I saw Star Wars: In Concert; that was one hell of a birthday gift from my girl.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Just watched Iron Sky, what a big steaming pile of shit.

Network Hub
    Never trying to be anything different! I really enjoyed it as a naff piece of intentional naffness. From the second the Nazi teacher got her clothes ripped off by the airlock I was sold.

I watched Amazing Spiderman last night. Had little to no expectations - was massively and pleasantly surprised. Andrew Garfield is a better spiderman than Tobey Maguire, though I don't knock the latter unlike some. I was sold on him the second he he stood up to Flash and saved another kid from a bullying, without powers. That's Spiderman! Fight scenes were a little lightweight and there were some minor notes of complaint but I came out smiling with the urge to websling across town...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Yeah saw Amazing Spiderman myself and after reading negative reviews i was going in expecting to hate it and well i liked it actually I liked it a lot. Now i do like the sam raimi ones but i think this spiderman is more like spiderman, hes got the quips and the saving the weakest part down right, aunt may and uncle ben are so much better and I really liked the romance between peter and gwen(it also helps that Emma Stone is always smoking hot especially in boots and a skirt...hmmm). The lizard i think is well done(except maybe one part where the CGI is really bad!) and well its pretty damn great. One thing I do have a problem with is that the indian guy who is kind of intergral to some of the plot dissapears half way through when he was going to do something important and you never hear anything of him again. Other then that recommend it!

Still, I don't think Amazing Spider-Man managed top off Spider-man 2. That train fight was brilliant
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Eh, the Indian guy was just put in there to attract the people in India where the film has made record breaking opening collections.

Watched North Face the other, it was about a mountaineering expedition to be the first ones to climb the Eiger mountain in the Alps. It was well worth watching in German with subtitles.
    Last edited by Shane; 15-07-2012 at 03:44 AM.

Oh, god yes. I just found a video of The Iron Giant and man, this has some of the best animation I have ever seen. All those movements, facial animations, everything (as far as the 2d animation goes, anyway) is just amazing. I don't want to be the guy that says they don't make things like these no more but, they don't make things like these no more. If they do, they're pretty hard to come by. Beyond the animation quality, the story's decent, love the setting, and I found the voice acting in this movie, like the animation, superb. It has a few slip ups, especially during the part where the giant goes to town (felt a bit rushed at that point) but it doesn't matter much since everything else before and after that is much better. Looks like I'll be watching this again.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Iron Giant himself is actually CGI. It's my favourite animated movie.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    I found the voice acting in this movie, like the animation, superb.
    Vin Diesel was particularly good as The Iron Giant.

Vin Diesel? Acting like he was a robot? On purpose?
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus ColOfNature's Avatar
    Vin Diesel can make dross for the rest of his life and it won't matter: he'll still have Pitch Black.

I just watched Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Are Dead again. An excellent film, I recommend it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leopig View Post
    Vin Diesel? Acting like he was a robot? On purpose?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Obscure Node
    I LOVED Dog Day Afternoon. Pacino was amazing in the 70's. SO GOOD! If you liked Dog Day Afternoon, check out Serpico! Also a great Pacino movie from that time period.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Just came back from watching The Dark Knight Rises. It's really quite mediocre except for the awesomely awesome Hans Zimmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Just came back from watching The Dark Knight Rises. It's really quite mediocre except for the awesomely awesome Hans Zimmer.
    Funny, I left with pretty much the reverse opininon. Really liked the movie and especially the nods to the comic books (duh), but Hans Zimmer's music, while bombastic, is something I've heard a million times already - the man keeps making the same score for every movie he works with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    My latest movies:
    - Childrens of Men
    - Men of War
    - Requien for a Dream (I stoppped watching it, because was depressing me)
    - Dangerous minds (I got sleep by the first half, I have to watch the second half).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaira- View Post
    Funny, I left with pretty much the reverse opininon. Really liked the movie and especially the nods to the comic books (duh), but Hans Zimmer's music, while bombastic, is something I've heard a million times already - the man keeps making the same score for every movie he works with.
    It seems I am taking the best of both worlds- I loved the film so, so much, and thought the score was key to that. I'm not even a comic book person, I don't quite know why I liked it so much.