Page 31 of 138 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Nolan is on the record as saying DKR has nothing at all to do with any of the occupy anything movements.

I thought Bane was great but the plot is full of deus-ex machina, the terrorists' plan is very poor, and the silly bomb was weak. I had the same issue with it as with TDK's ending, in that framing Batman to save Dent's image didn't make much sense. Everyone seemed to know Batman's real identity too. The twist sure got me though.

DKR wasn't great, but I was gripped and entertained. It's a decent wrap-up and of course still leaves room for sequels. Michael Cain and Tom Hardy were super as usual.

Network Hub
    Downlo- I mean, procured, Abraham Lincoln vs zombies just now - quick check to see if it wasnt corrupt, and also found out there's only 1 grey filter used FOR THE ENTIRE MOVIE. Still, might be worth a few laughs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Nolan is on the record as saying DKR has nothing at all to do with any of the occupy anything movements.

I don't know usually i'm a bit "really?" at these things like with The Dark Knight i kind of didn't get it really but it was clear Bane was a left-wing terrorist and there was a storyline of catwoman seeing the horror of people killing rich people and realising its not all its cracked up to be...i think its pretty clear in that movie really.

It was just a lucky (or unlucky) coincidence. The movie was written well before the occupy movement happened, and it's fairly common for the same idea to be had by multiple people around the same time. Call it convergent evolution if you like, or synchronicity, or multiple discovery. Calculus being invented by both Newton and Leibniz is a well known example. It happens fairly regularly with movies too, like Volcano and Dante's Peak, or Armageddon and Deep Impact, or The Illusionist and The Prestige.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Gonna watch RAGING BULL later today,few days ago we watched THE FIGHTER with mates,good movie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    I don't know usually i'm a bit "really?" at these things like with The Dark Knight i kind of didn't get it really but it was clear Bane was a left-wing terrorist and there was a storyline of catwoman seeing the horror of people killing rich people and realising its not all its cracked up to be...i think its pretty clear in that movie really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    It was just a lucky (or unlucky) coincidence. The movie was written well before the occupy movement happened, and it's fairly common for the same idea to be had by multiple people around the same time. Call it convergent evolution if you like, or synchronicity, or multiple discovery. Calculus being invented by both Newton and Leibniz is a well known example. It happens fairly regularly with movies too, like Volcano and Dante's Peak, or Armageddon and Deep Impact, or The Illusionist and The Prestige.
    Again, Batman has been Republican for a very long time.

Dennis O'Neil, one of the writers for the Batman DC comics said, "Gotham is Manhattan below Fourteenth Street at 3 a.m., November 28 in a cold year. Metropolis is Manhattan between Fourteenth and One Hundred and Tenth Streets on the brightest, sunniest July day of the year." IE: Downtown versus Uptown.

It's basically the difference between "humanity is basically bad" and "humanity is basically good." It's the juxtaposition of the former, known most for being a high-crime no-man's-land filled with punks, heroin addicts and prostitutes pressed cheek to jowl with the richest, most rapacious scions of high finance, against the latter, known for gleaming wide avenues, uniformed doormen and the carefree cosmopolitanism of its citizens.
    Last edited by Nalano; 29-07-2012 at 11:36 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    But where does he get those wonderful toys?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    But where does he get those wonderful toys?
    With the most tangible superpower of all: Money!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    [/COLOR]I don't know usually i'm a bit "really?" at these things like with The Dark Knight i kind of didn't get it really but it was clear Bane was a left-wing terrorist and there was a storyline of catwoman seeing the horror of people killing rich people and realising its not all its cracked up to be...i think its pretty clear in that movie really.[/LEFT]
    I didn't see it that way at all. I thought the whole 'revolution' act was Bane's way of giving people hope before he destroys the city completely. He said something to that effect at some point in the movie I think: that the best torture is when you still have hope etc, like the prisoners seeing the sunlight and hoping to get out. In any case, I think it was clear, beyond the rhetoric Bane used, that this was just retribution and not some kind of political revolution.

I had the feeling that Catwoman was the more 'politically aware'.

I really liked Bane (a force of nature like the Joker but without his chaotic streak) and the movie overall. Somehow I found myself cheering for Bane and not Batman towards the end. I was disappointed with Bane's portrayal, he goes from impeccable strategist to a mumbling idiot towards the end of the film. I think the last 20 minutes had too many things that Nolan did not explain well or made no sense.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    A Fistful Of Dollars - Really great western I have to say, not got stuff in normal westerns that i hate like constant travelling and talking inaly about stuff. It has such really funny lines and a great performance by Clint Eastwood, there is some iconic moments and some really nice and interesting shots in there with a quite simple storyline but a character you don't really know where he is going to go. Probably the two best shots are the one where it makes the gang look like creatures come from hell while shooting people in a burning building, and the end shot where it just makes Clint's character come from smoke giving him a very mythic quality. Quite recommended.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Are you intending to watch that trilogy, or was that just a random choice? I'd say Fistful and A Few Dollars More are about on level terms with each other, but The Good, The Bad and The Ugly is just something else altogether. It's a fantastic trilogy and if you liked Fistful as much as you did, you should push on with the other two.