Page 33 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Watching THE OUTSIDERS,not so far in so can't tell much but it good so far,any other good movies about gangs,i watched THE WARRIORS and GANGS OF NEW YORK.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    Bronson - I have no idea if this is style over substance to be honest because the film was fantastically weird. Tom Hardy was just great doing a performance that was really ledgendary and it made you guessing whether you should feel sorry for Bronson, hate him or what. It was very Clockwork Orange but it also had its own uniqueness to it and well the story was great, with lots of surprising humour to be honest and surprising turns and really bizarre moments. But still what did it say? I have no idea really...maybe there was something about a sad man that was a psycopath or could have made the right choice but never did at all and destroyed himself in the process...i don't know but it was interesting anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    That would be an awesome double feature. I think I'm going to screen Eraserhead and Bambi next weekend.
    What about The Haunting and The Sound Of Music or Ghost Dad and The Holy Mountain?
    'Your sacrifice completes my sanctuary of a thousand testicles'
    My Steam profile

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Watching THE OUTSIDERS,not so far in so can't tell much but it good so far,any other good movies about gangs,i watched THE WARRIORS and GANGS OF NEW YORK.
    -Outrage (2010, not the documentary)
    -Eastern Promises
    -Goodfellas
    -Road to Perdition
    -Miller's Crossing
    -The Departed
    -The Untouchables
    -City of God
    -Boyz n the Hood

That covers pretty much the full spectrum of gang movies.

No The Godfather? It's an easy choice but that shit's pretty intense as it goes on. It had some of the best scenes I've seen in a mob flick, especially The Don's death.

I fucking love The Untouchables
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    What about In Bruges? Does that count as a gang film?

...well it should do.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Network Hub
    In Bruges is awesome - I totally reccomend that one!

And I saw "It's Kind of a Funny Story" today and I liked it a lot. You might need a certain mind-set to enjoy it and I think I was exactly in the mood for a movie like that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Eh. Make sure you watch the first Godfather with subtitles on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Sorta related to In Bruges, if you want to watch Brendan Gleeson being awesome again then see The Guard.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1540133/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    Bronson - I have no idea if this is style over substance to be honest because the film was fantastically weird. Tom Hardy was just great doing a performance that was really ledgendary and it made you guessing whether you should feel sorry for Bronson, hate him or what. It was very Clockwork Orange but it also had its own uniqueness to it and well the story was great, with lots of surprising humour to be honest and surprising turns and really bizarre moments. But still what did it say? I have no idea really...maybe there was something about a sad man that was a psycopath or could have made the right choice but never did at all and destroyed himself in the process...i don't know but it was interesting anyway!
    I was not wicked, I was not an evil villain. I still have my principles.

Couldn't make up my mind about that movie either, it sure does make think about it a lot. To me it seems he had a sickness, an uncontrollably urge to inflict violence. He did try to be good for a very short period of time but he couldn't control his urges after all.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    About an hour ago I fell asleep on the couch watching Captain America. Hell, it was my girl's idea to watch it and even she changed it when I was out cold. Not exactly a captivating movie.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus thegooseking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    About an hour ago I fell asleep on the couch watching Captain America. Hell, it was my girl's idea to watch it and even she changed it when I was out cold. Not exactly a captivating movie.
    Heh. When my girlfriend was here in May, we looked all over for that movie and couldn't find it (after we went to see The Avengers in the cinema). We got Thor instead. I fell asleep during that.
    "Moronic cynicism is a kind of na´vetÚ. It's na´vetÚ turned inside-out. Na´vetÚ wearing a sneer." -Momus

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jockie's Avatar
    In Bruges is worth watching just for 'YOU'RE AN INANIMATE FUCKING OBJECT!'

I write about them video games at these locations

And on Twitter

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    To think, I rented (wow, talk about some time ago) In Bruges with a couple of friends with none of us having any idea whatsoever about what it was like. It made up for the time when we rented Jumper. The swearing and general comedy of the film is great and it's acted so damn well.