Page 55 of 169 FirstFirst ... 545535455565765105155 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,100 of 3367
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The book being written by Bilbo is how Tolkien later justified the patronising narrator. That's also how Peter Jackson justifies the difference between the two ring finding scenes in LOTR and AUJ.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rovac View Post
    Agree, the remake of Total Recall is more of a hollywood milking an already famous titile. It also lack the sense of confusion the original have
    Also, also, it's Arnie!
    I haven't seen the newer movie but am told it is much closer to the book than the previous one.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Saw The Hobbit in HFR 3D just before Christmas. Although it takes a bit of getting used to I really enjoyed the feel it gave; it did look a little bit fake at first, though I read someone compare it to being inside a diorama and that is spot on.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by icupnimpn2 View Post
    You might enjoy the Nausicaa manga. It is like an expanded version of the movie and has more of what's great. Plus it is super cheap, in my opinion.
    Thanks a lot, you just gave me a belated Christmas present. I've heard about the manga a few years ago but couldn't find a copy anywhere (local bookstores don't have a lot of japanese media), so eventually I gave up searching. There's really no reason not to buy it for this price though.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Is that the one
    The same.

10char

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    The Grey: I have nothing inherently against the "Liam Neeson: Badass" genre, but I take deep chagrin to a film positing itself within that holy pantheon and failing to deliver. The Grey is a horror film. The location shots are gorgeous, but the script and characterization are hollow and [spoiler] you never do see Neeson bottle-punch a wolf.[/spoiler] I feel like this would have played out better as a survival movie a-la Touching the Void or 127 Hours, but the horror elements stand as a metaphor for the hostility of the Alaskan Tundra and way-side the far more real and pressing dangers of, you know, below-zero temperatures and a persistent lack of food. Besides Neeson, none of the characters are developed nor likeable enough to root for, so we're left with two hours of a pack of jackasses making questionable decisions about their survival.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    The Grey's trailer seemed to give the impression it was about Liam crashing and becoming the beast itself to survive but the actual movie is nothing like that. It's like Final Destination on the arctic.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I quite liked The Grey,don't be so mean :(

Dredd today. I think I'm gonna watch it again. Just can't get enough of it, I guess. The pacing's a bit slower than I expected for an action movie but thankfully this movie doesn't devolve into having something unnecessary like romance, origin stories or all that bullshit, which I appreciate.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Watch me fail as Nobunaga

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mashakos's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    The Grey: I have nothing inherently against the "Liam Neeson: Badass" genre, but I take deep chagrin to a film positing itself within that holy pantheon and failing to deliver. The Grey is a horror film. The location shots are gorgeous, but the script and characterization are hollow and [spoiler] you never do see Neeson bottle-punch a wolf.[/spoiler] I feel like this would have played out better as a survival movie a-la Touching the Void or 127 Hours, but the horror elements stand as a metaphor for the hostility of the Alaskan Tundra and way-side the far more real and pressing dangers of, you know, below-zero temperatures and a persistent lack of food. Besides Neeson, none of the characters are developed nor likeable enough to root for, so we're left with two hours of a pack of jackasses making questionable decisions about their survival.
    I just realised that your avatar is a pic from The Maxx. Respect.
    Steam profile
    PC Specs: I have a big e-peen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Paranorman,cute movie but i expected so much more,hoped it will be something like caroline.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 30-12-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Had a few friends round yesterday for a film and fun day. The fun was a board game (Where's Moldova? or something) and a card game (Cards Against Humanity) but the films were Easy A, which I've discussed before and said that it was a highly enjoyable film, whilst the first was Death Proof.

I had heard a lot about it, that it wasn't too good or whatever. Whilst I don't think it's as good as the other Grindhouse film Planet Terror, a film which sits high up on my favourites list, I thought it was still really good. The dialogue was great, the characterisation was utterly amazing and the attention to detail was obviously Tarantino. I liked everything about it, really. Especially the music. But especially Kim. If you've seen the film, you'll know why. YouTube fails to offer up sufficiently excellent clips justifying that.