Page 60 of 130 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270110 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,200 of 2586
    Obscure Node
    The latest film I watched was "Crazy, Stupid, Love". I was laughing all the time! Great comedy! :D

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosage View Post
    The latest film I watched was "Crazy, Stupid, Love". I was laughing all the time! Great comedy! :D
    I couldn't agree more. It's the type of movie you'd say they just don't make anymore...but they actually do, thank goodness.

I just watched Restless (2011), quirky. I feel so relaxed after watching it.

I also realize that I've been loving Gus Van Sant's works, like Finding Forrester (which is very much enjoyable movie).
    Looking forward to watch Elephant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Gummo: Were it not for the inclusion of Sleep on the soundtrack, this would be a worse film than Batman & Robin.

I recently watched Prometheus (2012 I think). It was very bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ernesto View Post
    I recently watched Prometheus (2012 I think). It was very bad.

Why bad ????

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I just watched Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the house of God, a documentary about the rape of children and the Vatican's complicity in covering it up. Quite possibly the most depressing movie I've ever watched.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Wreck It Ralph. Haven't seen THAT good animation since Coraline. Everything is perfect here. Well constructed plot where almost every little nuance will play significant role later. Erase one of them and everything will crash.
    Characters are very likeable and well created. The movie do not tries too hard to be funny, which is good.
    There aren't much videogames references, but it's good too, because adding more of them would turn movie to "hey, we want to reference every existing game in the universe in one animation".
    I just love it. I'm gonna watch this second time, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I saw a preview screening of it about two weeks ago and I've been dying for the bloody thing to get a full release so I can go again. Great movie.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The true baddie reminded me of Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit in some ways, that guy scared the shit out of me as a kid.

I think I stand by my preconceptions that it's basically the gamer version of Toy Story, and that's no bad thing. One of my favourite TV shows was ReBoot. It's a bit annoying that we only see a few minutes of genuine video game characters (literally 2 seconds of Chun Li), but the candyland racing and the space marine shooter? Awesome to watch.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    The true baddie reminded me of Judge Doom from Who Framed Roger Rabbit in some ways, that guy scared the shit out of me as a kid.
    He terrified me too. When I got older and found out it was Christoper Lloyd I refused to go near him last year at comic con.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    He terrified me too. When I got older and found out it was Christoper Lloyd I refused to go near him last year at comic con.

The stuff nightmares are made of.

I went to see The Last Stand and it's pretty much what you'd expect from a standard action film. Horrible writing, over-the-top villains, incompetent police officers, lots of explosions, fast cars and creepy fetishization of guns. Not that it's badly made, mind you. It starts out slow, but the second half features constant action and some solid cinematography. Even the characters, as boring and stereotypical as they are, start to grow you on after while.

Really though, the only thing that sets it apart from the bulk of action cinema and the only reason I bothered to see it is that it features the comeback of Arnold Schwarzenegger. His acting certainly hasn't improved (although to be fair, he did as well as you can expect given the terrible writing) and he's gotten noticeably older, but seeing him defeat lots of bad guys without breaking a sweat is still oddly satisfying. Maybe it's the accent or maybe it's just nostalgia, but from the moment he appears you pretty much know you're in for a good time. He even retained his uncanny ability of making cheesy lines sound cool.

Long story short, Last Stand is solid entertainment. Watch it if the thought of a sixty-year-old Austrian bodybuilder beating up a bunch of cartoon villains sounds exciting to you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    I will always have a soft spot for Arnold to be honest and even though I know its a standard action film and probably won't be as good as the over the top 80s-90s films he was in I still kind of want to watch it.

My Neighbour Totoro last night. Remarkable. Simply remarkable. You know, it's incredibly rare for just about any japanese studio to make something of a masterpiece such as this one. Sure, Spirited Away might be better considering it had the whole package but this movie is just so charming while being so simple and so innocent. The giant cat bus was always awesome to see on screen. Bravo, Ghibli, bravo.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddlesticks View Post

The stuff nightmares are made of.
    No, no, SHIT. NO. DUDE! NOT COOL! I got nightmares from that shit when I was a kid!

Speaking of, I did watched a bit of Who Framed Roger Rabbit, today. Ah, nostalgia... also nightmares.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    My Neighbour Totoro last night. Remarkable. Simply remarkable. You know, it's incredibly rare for just about any japanese studio to make something of a masterpiece such as this one. Sure, Spirited Away might be better considering it had the whole package but this movie is just so charming while being so simple and so innocent. The giant cat bus was always awesome to see on screen. Bravo, Ghibli, bravo.
    Hmm, not sure I'd agree entirely.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    The Iron Lady - A good film about an old lady that seems to have the same name as a famous lady about the grief of her husband dying and remembered how she got into politics that one time and fought the boys. Or thats the bits i liked anyway. Yes I know its about Margarat Thatcher but you know that old lady could have been anyone and it would have been affecting and emotional with a great natural chemistry between the lady and the dead ghost husband, and I didn't mind the bit at the start where she was getting into politics and showed some real feminist stufff and the visuals of when she gets into parliament perfectly capture the lady in a male dominated world.

The rest of the film though is just Thatcher the greatest hits montage, lets show the miners strike, lets show the bombs, lets show Falklands. lets show when she got back stabbed and the protests without explaining them or why they were important. You had to live in there to get that and i didn't so it didn't do anything for me and even if it did its just ticking boxes and not saying anything about them.

There could be so many good and interesting films about thatcher I don't really think this is one of them, I really felt emotionally attached to old Thatcher though so that's the strength.

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    Ehh, each to his own i guess. Not saying it's objectively better than SA or vice-versa but it's awfully cute
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Re-watched Kelly's Heroes because of a certain new member's avatar.

Still love it.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Xercies View Post
    There could be so many good and interesting films about thatcher I don't really think this is one of them, I really felt emotionally attached to old Thatcher though so that's the strength.
    I haven't seen Iron Lady, but I'd say any film that actually manages to make you feel sympathetic towards Margaret Thatcher of all people deserves some recognition.

I too, have finally been able to see Wreck it Ralph - Support No Borders!! - thoroughly enjoyed it, although like others I was slightly disappointed by the lack of overt game references, but in and of itself it was a really good film.

That being said I confess I would have preffered someone other than Sarah Silverman to voice Vanellope. Its so obviously her, and I found it distracting. Largely because I'm very ambivalent about her - sometimes she's hilarious; more often she's just overly weird. Which I realize is kinda her bit, but I think she frequently goes too far.

I was surprised and delighted to see that it was Alan Tudyk that voiced King Candy.

Also, because of showtimes I ended up watching in 3D - I still think 3D in films is a complete waste of time.