Page 67 of 168 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117167 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,340 of 3358
    Obscure Node
    Gattaca for like the thousandth time :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Friend introduced me to The Cabin in the Woods last night. I don't usually go for horror films (not out of fear, but usually tedium as I cannot take them seriously), but I knew enough (unfortunately) about it to for once not kick up a fuss. I thought it was really very good. I...can't really say any more about it without completely spoiling it, so I'll just leave it at that.

I then returned the favour by showing my friend the second Riddick film, The Chronicles of Riddick. It doesn't feel like it's been 9 years since it came out, but heh, the CG certainly shows it. It's obviously a very different film to Pitch Black's sci-fi action/horror thriller, what with it being incredibly based on fantasy elements, but it's still enjoyable, if not a little weird, especially when in comparison to Pitch Black. Upon re-watching, especially so soon after Pitch Black, Riddick doesn't appear to be quite as snappy/morally ambiguous. That's not to say that he isn't, but it's less towards the middle line and a little more towards hero. I suppose you could say that Pitch Black changed him, but hey. His retcon never really sat amazingly with me, but it's not too bad.

Besides, whilst the film isn't flawless, it's hard to hate on it when it has death by tea cup scene. Regardless, roll on Riddick later this year!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

yeah, I think the new one might actually be worth a watch.
    - Tom De Roeck.

verse publications & The Shopkeeper, an interactive short.

"Quantacat's name is still recognised even if he watches on with detached eyes like Peter Molyneux over a cube in 3D space, staring at it with tears in his eyes, softly whispering... Someday they'll get it."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Django Unchained.

Great acting by Foxx, Waltz, Dicaprio and Jackson.

Especially Waltz, it's amazing how he can put down a totally different character each time, I didn't even recognize him and had to look up who played King. His mannerisms and way of talking resembled Heath Ledgers's Joker quite a bit too.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    I went to see a double bill of The Avengers and Iron Man 3 (midnight screening) last night, both in IMAX. The Avengers was even better in IMAX.

Since Iron Man 3 is only out today and not out until May for the yanks, I'll spoiler the rest of my comment on it.

Iron Man 3, is a terrible Iron Man movie when compared to the other movies in the universe. It's a black mark against the Marvel EU movies. None of the actors do a great job of their characters anymore and I put the blame soley on Shane Blacks directing skills. Nothing happens in this movie and considering the source material they had to work from, it's a tragic mess. It just plods along and has such long uninteresting parts. It introduces a kid who helps Tony rebuild his suit. It has so many henchmen and characters that do nothing. His one night stand lady girlfriend says nothing, does almost nothing and shows no sense when she randomly flips and tries to have a "good guy" moment. For most of the movie Iron Man isn't even in it. For some reason despite having 41 other suits available, Tony refuses to even try get any of them and instead resorts to becoming some sort of James Bond character, running around with a gun. The movie know's its not worth repeat viewings and tries to lace it with comedy, which were worth a chuckle but nothing amazing. Tony is a bit mean to a kid in the way you'd expect RDJ to be and it's funny, that's it.

I'm so disappointed.
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Iron Man 3 is my favourite of this Marvel saga. IM 3 was absolutely fantastic.

Rankings:
    IM3 > Thor > America Fuck Yeah > IM1 > Norton Hulk > The Avengers > IM2

I don't know anything about this universe other than what's in the movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Iron Man 3 is my favourite of this Marvel saga. IM 3 was absolutely fantastic.

Rankings:
    IM3 > Thor > America Fuck Yeah > IM1 > Norton Hulk > The Avengers > IM2

I don't know anything about this universe other than what's in the movies.
    That's what I'm telling everyone asking me what I thought of IM3. You'll enjoy it if you know very little about the characters in other universes and if you only know the movies. The majority of my friends all share my "meh" view on it. It wasn't an absolute terrible movie, but I'd rank it as the worst of the Marvel movie universe (not counting the fox movies).
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

I caught Wish You Were Here last night, the Australian film about a man who goes missing in Cambodia, and how is friends deal with the loss afterwards.
    Honestly, it was pretty poos. The idea was nice considering that many Australian's and Kiwi's do travel to that part of the world for the parties, and the story itself wasn't terrible, but a lot of the acting seemed really stiff: most notably the leading lady's.

There was also far too many averages scenes that didn't really add anything to the tension or story, but instead just seemed to drag on for the sake of it. Additionally, the ending seemed half-baked, as it only implied the resolution, when there was no reason for them not to just show it outright.

Quote Originally Posted by Jesus_Phish View Post
    That's what I'm telling everyone asking me what I thought of IM3. You'll enjoy it if you know very little about the characters in other universes and if you only know the movies. The majority of my friends all share my "meh" view on it. It wasn't an absolute terrible movie, but I'd rank it as the worst of the Marvel movie universe (not counting the fox movies).
    I wrote a huge reply to your previous post, providing counterpoints to your structure, suit and Iron Man presence opinions. Then I hit preview, got an error and now it's all lost. Fuck this. I'm going to sleep.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I've been getting a lot of mysterious 404s from the site lately, and clicking on this thread always signs me out.

Tarkovsky's Solaris is incredible. As an insomnia cure.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Yo~ Arnold Schwarzenegger's The Last Stand finally has disc releases. The film was not on theatre here, so I have to wait for disc release. I heard the box office is somewhat disappointing. The project is still profitable, but not as much as for the name of Arnold. I even worried that they don't bother to release it on disc, but here it is, and so I can watch this great movie.

Story is that a federal death row inmate, a notorious druglord, planned a jailbreak during his transfer to a different facility. FBI is responsible for the transfer, but obviously an agent of them was bribed to assist the jailbreak, so jailbreak was a success. The commander had to contact his old friend, a former agent who retired for taking responsibility for a failed mission, to stop the druglord from going back to Mexican since this former agent (of course, this hero is starred by our Arnold) is now the sheriff of a California small border town, locating exacting on the escape route.

Only that action movie doesn't seem to be suitable for Arnold's type anymore. He's old. His action is not longer as smooth as he used to be. And another drawback of the film, don't know why everyone in the movie is carrying some kind of accent, somewhat makes me hard to follow the dialog.

And the racing scene is not that smooth enough. Turn out Hong Kong racing movie is still the most outstanding in their field, hard to replace for the time being.

Edit: Oops, wrong intel. I type this while watching the movie because I am too excited to wait. In the movie, actually the Sheriff was a former LAPD and the FBI commander had no previous knowledge of him. One of the sheriff's deputy even asked for a favor from the sheriff to pull some strings to get him a position in the LAPD.
    Last edited by squirrel; 27-04-2013 at 01:08 PM.

Oblivion. Beautiful. Serene. I hear negative comparisons with Moon or Wall-E but the unpublished comic this is based on is floating around since 2005.

Just saw Vanilla Sky for the first time and quite enjoyed it. Love those "mess-with-your-head" kind of movies.
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Have you seen eXistenZ?
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Have you seen eXistenZ?
    Existenz just gave me the impression that Cronenberg has never played a video game in his life.

Now, Videodrome...

The bone weapon from eXistenZ was cool.

I saw Mama. The creature is fantastic, it reminds me of a stop-motion puppet and the door ghost from Poltergeist. There are a couple of cool first person and long shots. It's not a scary movie at all, as Mama has to be the least threatening ghost ever. Jessica Chastain is FUCKING HOT and has a great role. Jaime Lannister is in it too!

Anyway, I can't stop thinking about Oblivion. It really struck a chord with me. I'll try to see it again soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Have you seen eXistenZ?
    Aye I have but, frankly, didn't like it that much. Just felt a little too.. cheesy?
    Postmortem: one must die- Political narrative-adventure game playing an Agent of Death who must take ONE life that could change the fate of a conflict-torn Nation!

Check out my DevBlog for news on the next title!

Quote Originally Posted by Koobazaur View Post
    Aye I have but, frankly, didn't like it that much. Just felt a little too.. cheesy?
    You should watch Kill List. Everyone should watch Kill List.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    You should watch Kill List. Everyone should watch Kill List.
    Hah! I have been saying that for years...well, somewhat over a year.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Sabrage's Mind Fuck Top Whatever:
    -The Holy Mountain
    -Kill List
    -Possession
    (1981)
    -Oldboy
    -12 Monkeys
    -Videodrome
    -Mulholland Drive
    -2001: A Space Odyssey