Page 79 of 143 FirstFirst ... 2969777879808189129 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,580 of 2847
    Good Vibrations

"New York had the haircuts. London had the trousers. We had the reason."

What a great fucking movie. There's no plot to speak of - but it doesn't matter. I challenge anyone - Punk, Square, Hippie, whatever - to go watch this and not leave with a huge fucking grin on their face.
    Seriously, "Good Vibrations" is some of the best fun I had at the movies this year. You should watch it.
    There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!

TRAILER: Rush

For some reason, the existence of this movie completely eluded me until now:

Despite all the Hollywood bravado on display, I'm really looking forward to this - somewhat ironically, because I'm already quite familiar with how the story played out. There simply is no easy bad guy/good guy angle to this narrative - let alone any room for the "down-trodden underdog takes the prize"-trope. Yeah, Hunt (barely) won the '76 Driver's Championship (and that's as much as spoiler as "the Titanic sinks at the end"). But he was in no ways the clear hero of that season - especially considering why Lauda didn't win.

I'm really curious to see if Howard manages to pull this one off. There's a lot to go wrong - but he made Apollo 13, after all.
    Last edited by InnerPartisan; 18-08-2013 at 04:14 AM.
    There is no place in this enterprise for a rogue physicist!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I am watching Berserk ACT 1,never knew there were animated movies after manga. Downloading other two,hope its good.

Watched act 2 and they left out sex between guts and casca and in my opinion this is the core of guts anger towards griffith later on..How could they do this is beyond me.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 18-08-2013 at 10:59 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by InnerPartisan View Post
    I'm really curious to see if Howard manages to pull this one off. There's a lot to go wrong - but he made Apollo 13, after all.
    But then again, he also made every movie he made after Apollo 13.

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I am watching Berserk ACT 1,never knew there were animated movies after manga. Downloading other two,hope its good.

Watched act 2 and they left out sex between guts and casca and in my opinion this is the core of guts anger towards griffith later on..How could they do this is beyond me.

It seems i mixed it up a little bit,they have sex in third act :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Are you talking about the anime mini-series I take it? I saw that first before reading any of the manga. Only read 2-3 of them so far. Have the Dreamcast game and been meaning to get Dragon's Crown just for the Griffin/Guts armor in the game.

Never heard of Rush until now. Looks interesting. Might not get around to it in theater but definitely a Netflix watch.

Not the mini series,there are three movies now called Berserk Golden Arc 1-2-3,each is about 1 hour and 50 minutes long. Pretty good animation,and movis are also quite good but i still recommend reading manga first. Movies show gatsu beginning,how he met griffin and the hawk band,how they got their titles when helping king with their civil wars,and of course at the end the event which changes everthing. This is the part of first trilogy,producer said he is going to continue story with more movies in the future.

Read the manga man,its one of the best manga's around,top 5 for sure. At first art is kinda medicore but as it continues author gets better and better and at the end his drawings are really piece of art. Also really unique monster designs,awesome character and story..I read it already three times in several years now hah,but beware that manga is still not completed :|

Some pics from those three movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The Expendables 2 - If you want to watch a bunch of mostly-wrinkled, mostly-white guys shoot a bunch of people and drive jet skis into aircraft then this is the movie for you. Just be sure to turn your brain off and definitely do not ask why a car door is sufficiently armored to stop rifle rounds from pretty close range.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Pacific Rim

Giant meh. Can't even write about it, there is nothing to write about. I'm disappoint.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You are an enemy of gaming.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Jesus_Phish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    The Expendables 2 - If you want to watch a bunch of mostly-wrinkled, mostly-white guys shoot a bunch of people and drive jet skis into aircraft then this is the movie for you. Just be sure to turn your brain off and definitely do not ask why a car door is sufficiently armored to stop rifle rounds from pretty close range.
    I watched that with my girlfriend last weekend, it's about the fifth time or so for me but the first for her. Her first question "So what do I need to know about the first one for this?" My answer "Nothing, absolutely nothing".
    "Halo is designed to make the player think "I look like that, I am macho sitting in my undies with my xbox""

Steam ID

Haha :D Still i found movie quite enjoyable,went to cinema to watch when it got released. For new one they are having MEL GIBSON !! :D

Otherwise anyone know whats happening with the viking movie gibson was making,i think DiCaprio was lead star ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    I didn't enjoy it as much as the first one. It felt forced, while the first was so natural, just a bunch of guys having fun filming a silly movie.
    Still, this one managed to cramp a few Chuck Norris facts into it, so I declare it to be brilliant.

Saw WE ARE THE MILLERS last night.. Its your typical average comedy just with Anistons nipples and strip show : )

This week i saw IRON MAN 3,DEAD MAN DOWN and am WARMER BODIES,all three movies are very medicore. Roger and out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Xercies's Avatar
    What Iron Man 3 was pretty entertaining I have to say and so much better then 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Not the mini series,there are three movies now called Berserk Golden Arc 1-2-3,each is about 1 hour and 50 minutes long. Pretty good animation,and movis are also quite good but i still recommend reading manga first. Movies show gatsu beginning,how he met griffin and the hawk band,how they got their titles when helping king with their civil wars,and of course at the end the event which changes everthing. This is the part of first trilogy,producer said he is going to continue story with more movies in the future.

Ah ok, so retells the beginning, which the anime only was and looking to do the entire series. I will definitely look into this. Have not watched a good anime in a long while.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    The World's End is brilliant, you should all go see it if you want a good laugh. I couldn't help but be reminded of the game Wasteland at the end of the movie. Good times.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

I watched Shatner's "The Captains". I laughed, I was moved, I was entertained.
    It's presented as a documentary about the actors that played captains in Star Trek, but actually it's Shatner talking to friends about acting, trek and life. It feels authentic and full of heart.
    If you like Trek even a little I'd recommend it.
    Last edited by Tikey; 09-09-2013 at 09:36 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Patlabor WXIII

Most of you should have known of this well-received Japanese manga/anime mecha series Patlabor, including the TV series (two, including the 1st one and the rewritten 2nd one with rewritten storyline) and the two great, yet mysteriously themed movies directed by Mr. Mamoru Oshii (I guess he wrote the stories, too, since they are so Mamoru style), but not this one. It seems Bandai was not that eager to promote this movie. I recently learnt of this movie which was not as well-known as the other Patlabor works. Patlabor is about a special police unit Special Vehicle Unit established within the Tokyo Metropolitan Police Force, specifically to combat robot crimes, mostly involved a kinda robots generally referred to as "labor" for outdoor environments. Yet this movie doesn't focus on the Special Vehicle Unit, which was brought in just as supporting role.

This movie's story begins with a US military contracted Japanese cargo plane crash into the Tokyo Bay. The plane was carrying a BOW codenamed WXIII. "W" was an abbreviation of "Waste", since it was programmed to expire 13 days after its birth. Yet it survived not only the plane crash, but also beyond this designated period. WXIII was developed by a Japanese bio-research firm contracted both by the US and Japanese militaries, who would both share the technology. Yet this accident turned the whole project south and now they had to abort the project and terminate the escaped monster WXIII. To make thing worse, not only some civilians who operated in Tokyo Bay witnessed WXIII, but also WXIII started to go onshore in a few cases to murder people. Two detectives, younger Shinichiro Hata and veteran Takeshi Kusumi were tasked to investigate the cases. During the period, Shinichiro met a gorgeous women Saeko Misaki, who happened to be one of the researchers of the said bio-research firm. As you would expect, she was the key to WXIII, since she was the one who infused the monster with human cancer gene to defeat its biological self-destruction programme. The human cancer cells were from Saeko's young daughter Hitomi who died of cancer at kid age. She lost her husband in an accident, and then Hitomi within just a year. She saw WXIII as if Hitomi was still living on. Of course, she had no control over WXIII's where about, but the Tokyo Metropolitan Police had been fully mobilized to contain the situation. With the involvement of the Japanese and US militaries, how would this end?
    Last edited by squirrel; 01-09-2013 at 03:52 PM.

I only watched two patlabor movies and they were really well made,kinda boring because they are about politics and shit but still it was splendid to watch,

Saw new Star Trek yesterday,i liked it. Hope that third one will be more about other civilizations then first two movies.